Please welcome Kosta from ETI (Escape rep) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2024, 04:57 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 1964 Globetrotter
Please welcome Kosta from ETI (Escape rep)

We've been chatting with Escape about having a regular presence here at the forum and I'm excited to let you know that Kosta will be joining us and keeping us updated with Factory News and info. He may also be able to help as folks have questions about purchase decisions and details.

As always if you have a specific warranty concern please contact the factory directly because the forum is independently run and not associated with any manufacturer.

Say hello to Kosta and please make him feel welcome.

Escape Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 05:20 PM   #2
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: Escape 23
Hello everyone! Excited to be a part of this fantastic community and share the latest Escape news and updates with you. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if there's anything you'd like to know!
Kosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 05:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Smile

Welcome to the forum, Kosta!
Old 02-05-2024, 05:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
This is great news! Welcome, Kosta. We look forward to hearing from you.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 06:13 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 E21C
Hello Kosta and welcome.

confused. If I understand correctly, your "regular presence here at the forum" as explained by Globtrotter owner Janet H is a result of "chats with Escape" to keep us "updated with Factory News and info" and if we "have a specific warranty concern" we should "contact the factory directly because the forum is independently run and not associated with any manufacturer".

Seems like you might be walking a tightrope here, not representing Escape because this forum is independently run, but representing Escape nonetheless. Do you see your presence here as more of a marketing function than a support function?

John
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 06:48 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Welcome…always good to have a little extra support!

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 07:24 PM   #7

Trailer: ‘Tranquility Base’. 2023 5.0.
Welcome!
Old 02-05-2024, 08:04 PM   #8

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Welcome to our little space to chat, ask questions and learn.
Old 02-05-2024, 08:21 PM   #9
D&L

Trailer: 2023 5.0 (Casper)
Hello Kosta and Welcome!
D&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 08:42 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
Hello Kosta and welcome.

Seems like you might be walking a tightrope here,
Welcome Kosta.

Yes, I agree, this could be a bit of tightrope situation. One of the grips folks have had in the past is that they couldn't get answers or reach anyone at ETI to answer questions. So some might be expecting that an ETI rep on the forum is going to do so. Good luck.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 09:11 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
FWIW, my guess (and it's just that—I have not been privy to any discussions) is that Kosta will be able to answer general questions, including those about options and specs (like those perennial ones about fifth-wheel truck-bed heights), but probably won't be able to address individual problems that involve repairs and warranty work.

So be polite and understanding. I think it's great that there will be someone from ETI actually reading posts on this Forum. Kosta may not be able to address complaints, but could doubtless pass them on to others who should know about them.
Old 02-05-2024, 10:30 PM   #12

Trailer: 2012 E19
It's good to have you here, Kosta! I'm sure it will be good to have around someone like you who has an "ear to the ground" and a voice that will be heard, because sometimes in the past we've wished for a person like you to be with us.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:14 AM   #13
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
Welcome Kosta! I am aware personally that the new management at ETI was regularly monitoring the forum and I am very pleased they have decided to take a limited active role. It’s a great way to start and see how it goes for everyone involved. Best to you in your new role!
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:21 AM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT6 View Post
Welcome Kosta! I am aware personally that the new management at ETI was regularly monitoring the forum and I am very pleased they have decided to take a limited active role. It’s a great way to start and see how it goes for everyone involved. Best to you in your new role!
"New management"? First question: Is there a new CEO?
Old 02-06-2024, 09:06 AM   #15

Trailer: 2023 Escape E23
Welcome Kosta. This is a good place to get information and feedback from the community without a bunch of trolls. It is kind of like a rally without the camp fires or corn hole.
Unit # 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 09:16 AM   #16

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
If I recall, Tammy and Reace used to 'monitor' the forum and occasionally speak up relative to Escape news/information. But they seldom jumped into the daily discussions that went on. I would expect that the level of participation from Kosta may be similar.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 10:50 AM   #17

[QUOTE=JohnK;462815]Hello Kosta and welcome.

confused. If I understand correctly, your "regular presence here at the forum" as explained by Globtrotter owner Janet H is a result of "chats with Escape" to keep us "updated with Factory News and info" and if we "have a specific warranty concern" we should "contact the factory directly because the forum is independently run and not associated with any manufacturer".

Seems like you might be walking a tightrope here, not representing Escape because this forum is independently run, but representing Escape nonetheless. Do you see your presence here as more of a marketing function than a support function?

Hey John,

Thanks for your message. I see my role here as purely observational for Escape and to be as supportive and informative for you, the community. My goal is to try and get a better sense of the community and ensure your questions and concerns are heard by us at Escape. I'm not a salesperson and I am not here to try and sell or sway people in any way. Only to provide the best knowledge and up to date information that I can! I appreciate your question, and I hope that helps!

Kosta
Old 02-06-2024, 10:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT6 View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome! I do think it's a good step for us at Escape to get a better sense of our community and ensure that we are on the right track! Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with!
Old 02-06-2024, 11:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit # 1 View Post
Welcome Kosta. This is a good place to get information and feedback from the community without a bunch of trolls. It is kind of like a rally without the camp fires or corn hole.
I agree! From my experience browsing the forum, people here are all very like-minded when it comes to enjoying their campers. While we don't have any corn hole or campfires, we do have the community. Which truly is the best part of the whole experience! I recently attended the Florida Egg Rally with Samuel and Steve, and it was incredibly wonderful to meet all kinds of people from all over the country all brought together for the love of adventure! Looking forward to helping people out in any way I can. Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Old 02-06-2024, 11:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
It's good to have you here, Kosta! I'm sure it will be good to have around someone like you who has an "ear to the ground" and a voice that will be heard, because sometimes in the past we've wished for a person like you to be with us.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I am so happy to be here and excited to be that "ear to the ground" to ensure at the end of the day, you the community feel heard and listened to and that's what I am here for!