Please welcome Kosta from ETI (Escape rep) - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-06-2024, 12:16 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,599
Welcome, Kosta! It won't be boring here for sure

Here's a quick question for you. I saw a post on the Facebook group by someone who was picking up a new 5.0. It looks like it has the new acrylic windows - are those being offered as an option on all trailers now? Doesn't affect me...still deliriously happy with my 2019 5.0, but I know lots of other folks will be interested.
__________________
David, Mary, and the cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Dover, Vermont
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome! I am so happy to be here and excited to be that "ear to the ground" to ensure at the end of the day, you the community feel heard and listened to and that's what I am here for!
Hi Kosta and welcome! It would be great if Escape could help provide a clearing house for information for owners of older trailers(read out of warrantee ours is a 2014) on part numbers, places to get help with troubleshooting and sourcing of replacement parts such as our rapidly expiring and somewhat unique refrigerators RMD 8555 types or our problematic Maxxfans for a couple of examples. Especially for us on the far away East Cost of US and Canada.
Cheers,
Ian
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 02:19 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
HarleyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome! I am so happy to be here and excited to be that "ear to the ground" to ensure at the end of the day, you the community feel heard and listened to and that's what I am here for!
I totally agree with this concept, keep on keeping on.
And very welcome.
__________________
HarleyD
2018 5.0TA--2016 F150 3.5EB 4X4
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimmy Hendrix
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 04:13 PM   #24
Escape Trailer Industries
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 23
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
FWIW, my guess (and it's just that—I have not been privy to any discussions) is that Kosta will be able to answer general questions, including those about options and specs (like those perennial ones about fifth-wheel truck-bed heights), but probably won't be able to address individual problems that involve repairs and warranty work.

So be polite and understanding. I think it's great that there will be someone from ETI actually reading posts on this Forum. Kosta may not be able to address complaints, but could doubtless pass them on to others who should know about them.
Thank you for your message, you hit the nail on the head! I'll do my best to answer any questions people may have or guide people to the channels where they can get the best support they can! Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Kosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 04:34 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Posts: 482
Welcome Kosta.

For the mods: in what form should questions for Kosta be asked? If all questions for him continue in this thread it could get very congested and confusing.

Will there be a seperate forum entitled "ask Kosta" or "Ask ETI" or similar, where individual question threads for Kosta can be created and answered? That might really help to keep things organized.
__________________
Lyle
iamunique127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:47 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Cathleen Shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: Deposit on an Escape 19F1
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Hello everyone! Excited to be a part of this fantastic community and share the latest Escape news and updates with you. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if there's anything you'd like to know!
Hi there, Kosta. I've just joined the forum myself. My wife and I are scheduled to visit with Kyle tomorrow morning as we begin our build journey. Very glad to see ETI with a presence here as well.
Cathleen Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:50 PM   #27
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pacific NW, Washington
Trailer: 1964 Globetrotter
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
Welcome Kosta.

For the mods: in what form should questions for Kosta be asked? If all questions for him continue in this thread it could get very congested and confusing.

Will there be a seperate forum entitled "ask Kosta" or "Ask ETI" or similar, where individual question threads for Kosta can be created and answered? That might really help to keep things organized.
This is a great question and we don't have an answer just yet. Setting up an "ask ETI" section sets expectations (especially for new members) that there will always be answers. This is a bit of an experiment so for now let's let Kosta settle in and see what evolves.
__________________
.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose | Dr. Seuss

Escape Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 01:55 PM   #28
Escape Trailer Industries
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 23
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Welcome, Kosta! It won't be boring here for sure

Here's a quick question for you. I saw a post on the Facebook group by someone who was picking up a new 5.0. It looks like it has the new acrylic windows - are those being offered as an option on all trailers now? Doesn't affect me...still deliriously happy with my 2019 5.0, but I know lots of other folks will be interested.
We went with the decision to move to acrylic windows as our only offering on the E23 because of numerous benefits of that window relative to our existing framed/frameless options in the other trailers. However, this also made us curious if we could retrofit these types of windows into our other models and the 5.0 referenced above (as well as one of every other trailer size except the E17) has also had at least one pilot performed upon it now. We are in an evaluation stage as to what the best path forward is... in particular since with different sizes it's not as simple as adding a 3rd window to our option set - likely it's a decision between moving to only acrylics or retaining our other 2 existing options for future builds. I hope this answers your question!
Kosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Centex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: East of Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Posts: 2,799
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
We went with the decision to move to acrylic windows as our only offering on the E23 because of numerous benefits of that window relative to our existing framed/frameless options in the other trailers. However, this also made us curious if we could retrofit these types of windows into our other models and the 5.0 referenced above (as well as one of every other trailer size except the E17) has also had at least one pilot performed upon it now. We are in an evaluation stage as to what the best path forward is... in particular since with different sizes it's not as simple as adding a 3rd window to our option set - likely it's a decision between moving to only acrylics or retaining our other 2 existing options for future builds. I hope this answers your question!
Not David but I'm another very satisfied (no plans to change) 5.0 owner and I shared his curiosity.

Your reply is great information for the curious and both the actions by ETI to date and the yet-to-be-decided likely future path(s) you described all make perfect sense, IMO (though I'll admit I still have a personal bias in favor of 'real glass' windows).

I greatly appreciate you taking the time for the considered response, this is the sort of thing I had only hoped you would be able to contribute to this community. You're off to a great start, IMO!

Thank You, Kosta!

PS - Please give my Best Wishes to Linda Fedoruk, she may remember me based on my signature and location here; we've not had occasion to connect in quite some time, but I'll never forget her unending patience and guidance through my configuration process. Of course the outcome was just spectacular! (Built For Me )
__________________
Alan E.
2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 Lariat SuperCab 6.5' box / Centex's 2021 5.0 Modifications
Centex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:05 AM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitimat, British Columbia
Trailer: In the exploration phase for Escape trailers
Posts: 21
question about aluminum frames

Hi Kosta,
Has there been any discussion about using aluminum frames on other models than the 23. We are interested in the 21NE and would be REALLY interested if it had an aluminum frame. Thanks.
lips3345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:41 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
TTMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Venice, Florida
Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Hello everyone! Excited to be a part of this fantastic community and share the latest Escape news and updates with you. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if there's anything you'd like to know!
Welcome!
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:45 AM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Amelia, Ohio
Trailer: 2021 Rockwood 2318G
Posts: 14
I'm a little late to the party, but welcome Kosta! It speaks well of the company with their desire to have a forum presence...it's certainly indicative of Escapes focus on customer support. Comforting as one who is seriously contemplating the purchasing of an Escape.
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:35 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 8,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post

However, this also made us curious if we could retrofit these types of windows into our other models and the 5.0 referenced above (as well as one of every other trailer size except the E17) has also had at least one pilot performed upon it now. We are in an evaluation stage as to what the best path forward is... in particular since with different sizes it's not as simple as adding a 3rd window to our option set - likely it's a decision between moving to only acrylics or retaining our other 2 existing options for future builds.
At the rally last year folks had a chance to see the windows in the E23 as well as Johnny Hung's retrofit windows. Many inquired about the possibility of ETI doing a retro-fit on existing trailers or doing their own. But, as you point out, the window sizes are different so it's not just pop one out and another in.

Those folks that saw Johnny's windows had more insight into the benefits because they're larger and anyone with an existing trailer could see how much more light they let in as well as their benefits.

Once a lot of people saw Johnny's windows in an Escape the horse was out of the barn.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 01:05 PM   #34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Kamloops’s, British Columbia
Trailer: 2024 Escape 23
Posts: 4
Welcome aboard Kosta

So happy to see ETI engaged like this, it’s a winning 🏅 formula for everyone.
J.J. Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 01:52 PM   #35
Escape Trailer Industries
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 23
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian and Sue View Post
Hi Kosta and welcome! It would be great if Escape could help provide a clearing house for information for owners of older trailers(read out of warrantee ours is a 2014) on part numbers, places to get help with troubleshooting and sourcing of replacement parts such as our rapidly expiring and somewhat unique refrigerators RMD 8555 types or our problematic Maxxfans for a couple of examples. Especially for us on the far away East Cost of US and Canada.
Cheers,
Ian
Hey Ian and Sue, thanks for reaching out, I would highly recommend you reach out to our Aftersales team. We've recently expanded the team and they have been doing great things! https://escapetrailer.com/after-sales-support/ Here is a link to our support form and they will be able to assist you in finding any replacement parts and local service areas around you! As for creating a list I spoke with a few team members and while it is possible the amount of labor required would be immense as we would need to audit every trailer, we've sent out over the years and document every part number. Going by a case-by-case method would be our best course of action to provide the best service we can.
Kosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 01:54 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Dover, Vermont
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Hey Ian and Sue, thanks for reaching out, I would highly recommend you reach out to our Aftersales team. We've recently expanded the team and they have been doing great things! https://escapetrailer.com/after-sales-support/ Here is a link to our support form and they will be able to assist you in finding any replacement parts and local service areas around you! As for creating a list I spoke with a few team members and while it is possible the amount of labor required would be immense as we would need to audit every trailer, we've sent out over the years and document every part number. Going by a case-by-case method would be our best course of action to provide the best service we can.
Awesome! Will do. Thanks Kosta
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 03:02 PM   #37
Escape Trailer Industries
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 23
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lips3345 View Post
Hi Kosta,
Has there been any discussion about using aluminum frames on other models than the 23. We are interested in the 21NE and would be REALLY interested if it had an aluminum frame. Thanks.
Hello, thanks for reaching out! While we're always exploring new ideas and improvements, there are currently no plans to transition legacy trailers at the moment like the 21NE, into aluminum frames. However, we appreciate your interest and feedback, and we'll definitely keep it in mind for future considerations. If you have any other questions or thoughts, feel free to let me know!
Kosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 10:20 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: San Francisco, California
Trailer: N/A
Posts: 72
Hi Kosta,
Bug in your ear about an optioned E23. Feeling to me like the first edition is getting long in the tooth and it’s time to open up for customization, I don’t need or want the electronics stuff, plenty of power off my EV so won’t even install solar.

I need to know price and build options before making final decision on what trailer we’re getting and the 23 is not known.

Thanks -


ED
EscapingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: n/a, Texas
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 715
Is “Kosta” a real individual or is “Kosta” an avatar for any of a group of people that Escape assigns to monitor the forum? Or, is “Kosta” a customer support chat bot?

If Kosta is a real individual what is Kosta’s position in the company? Are we addressing questions to an intern? Or to a lead person in customer support?

I’ve appreciated the members who, when recommending a product or service, are ethical about disclosing any personal or family connection to the product. I suggest that any post from Kosta include a signature line that says Kosta is a paid representative of ETI sales and support. Or that “Kosta” is a company contact address used by sales and support.

For the record I hope Kosta is a real person. Otherwise we have been asked to extend a warm welcome to an avatar.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 12:32 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,508
Welcome Kosta, great to have you here. Not sure if you are on the Facebook group I am the admin of as there are now near 10,000 members, but you would be welcome there too. I know a few Escape owners are members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
If I recall, Tammy and Reace used to 'monitor' the forum and occasionally speak up relative to Escape news/information. But they seldom jumped into the daily discussions that went on. I would expect that the level of participation from Kosta may be similar.
Reace did at first but very little as time went on. I talked to him about this but here is not the place to discuss his thoughts.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.