Dometic comes through! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm not sure we should expect a fridge in an RV to be as efficient as one in ( I'm guessing here ) an air-conditioned home in a southern summer.
Easy for me to say, here in BC.
I don't think any of us with frig cooling problems are expecting home frig performance. I would however expect my RM8551, 4.3 frig to keep food at a safe Temp, . This it cannot do above about 80 degrees.
Obliviously domentic and escape both think the frig is not performing correctly and are trying to fix it for us, this I appreciate. I really don't see how your comment has any reveliance on this post, especially since you don't have a frig in question.

Dave

dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Yes, but that was before global warming.
Actually, I sold the trailer a few weeks ago so it worked this past summer just fine.

bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
How about a resolution for those of that bought the standard 4.3 cu ft refrigerators !? Our 4.3 refer does not adequately cool in any mode when the ambient temps are above 80 degrees F.
Not even refig was on the shade side at beach , outside temps were 70-80 . frig was going up to 48 -15 for freezer . We ran on gas then generator for 120 . Before we left home ran for 2 days on 120 . Only put frozen and cold food and not packed tight . Have a fan inside going . Had a cooler always along . This is the 4.3 . Frig went down about 3 am to 36 . Outside temps were in the high 50's at that time . Have digital thermometers so don't need to open door to check . If you open door takes hours and hours to recover .Also set at 4-5
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Not even refig was on the shade side at beach , outside temps were 70-80 . frig was going up to 48 -15 for freezer . We ran on gas then generator for 120 . Before we left home ran for 2 days on 120 . Only put frozen and cold food and not packed tight . Have a fan inside going . Had a cooler always along . This is the 4.3 . Frig went down about 3 am to 36 . Outside temps were in the high 50's at that time . Have digital thermometers so don't need to open door to check . If you open door takes hours and hours to recover .Also set at 4-5
Also set 4-5
Old 03-28-2015, 04:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
Bob, I did receive some new doors for the 4.3 units. I will ship you one to try out. There are a few other adjustments that can help also such as moving the thermistor away from the fins. Try taping it to the side of the fridge.

Email me you contact info

Reace
We would also like to try that door for the 4.3,we have already moved thermistor taped to wall as you said . Still no luck . Have posted a quote to this read of our recent trip last week .we want the freezer . We use .
Old 03-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Suggest you email your info to ETI directly.
info@escapetrailer.com

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
I had a 1968 Aristocrat trailer with a Travler by Elixer propane-electric refrigerator and it worked in any weather I camped in including some hot days so it can be done.
Us too. Previous Dometic in 1979 and one in1992 both worked great !
Old 03-28-2015, 04:43 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 15 2013
Refrigerator cooling failure

we have a 15ft 2013 escape with a RM8551 4.3 refrig, actually this is our 2nd refrig because the core in the first one failed within 10 months. We never heard the fans come on in either refrig and assumed they were super quiet, not the case because we discovered a couple months ago that the thermistat was not functioning, removed it and rewired so I can turn the very noisy fans on manually.
all of that being said, neither refrig would cool in warm weather with or without the fans running continuously and now I understand that Dometic has discontinued this model. We have greatly enjoyed the quality of our escape and live in it nearly full time, but the constant refrig problems have made us regret our choice and while escape and Reece have been wonderful to work with they have made some bad choices with their appliances that effect the whole experience of being an escapee.

hogawill
Hogawill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We would also like to try that door for the 4.3,we have already moved thermistor taped to wall as you said . Still no luck . Have posted a quote to this read of our recent trip last week .we want the freezer . We use .
Also most important we were level !
Old 03-28-2015, 05:06 PM   #30
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Hogawil and Pandandlinda,
Please contact Escape with your concerns, this forum is not in a position to address them here.
Thank you.