5.0TA Ordering Soon! - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Allegan, Michigan
Trailer: 2020 5.0TA Soon!
Posts: 4
5.0TA Ordering Soon!

Looking for some info on the whole buying process. Including some recommendations from those who have purchased one from here in the United States.

We are looking to get on the production schedule as soon as we get some more capital saved up and figure out the details of financing for the remainder. Hoping to have our new camper by early next spring!


Anyone have recommendations of companies that are willing to finance here in the US that will work with our friends in Canada?


We will be going to the factory from Michigan and breaking it in with a few National Parks on the way home. Want to make it an adventure and start it out right.



Anyone on the forum that has a 5.0TA in Michigan or close by? We would love to see one in person and the factory could only tell us about one 5.0 over in the Detroit area, no luck getting with him though thus far.


Thanks again all for any info you can provide!
__________________

RoamingDasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
GregandTeresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lewisburg, Tennessee
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Posts: 432
We used our home equity line of credit to make payments on ours, and then quickly paid it off. Worked very well for us.
__________________

__________________
"Governments create nothing and have nothing to give but what they have first taken away....."
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 1,857
i paid cash for most of it and used my home equity loan for the rest.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 515
Congrats, we just picked up our 5.0TA a week ago and love it! With the time frame you are looking at you have lots of time to research and plan all the options you want to get. We found a wealth of information on this forum, and our research has paid off - we are thrilled with our new trailer and very pleased with all the options and features we got.

Everyone we encountered at ETI, from our first contact to our orientation and pickup almost a year later, was a joy to work with - you are in for a wonderful experience.

As you get further into the process if you find that you have a lot of questions about little details, options, and potential customization, you might consider a trip to ETI before finalizing your build sheet. We did that, sat in the floor model for a whole day, and were very glad we did - it gave us a much better feeling that we were getting all the details of our order just right.
__________________
David, Mary, and 3 Cats
davidmurphy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingDasch View Post
Looking for some info on the whole buying process. Including some recommendations from those who have purchased one from here in the United States.

We are looking to get on the production schedule as soon as we get some more capital saved up and figure out the details of financing for the remainder. Hoping to have our new camper by early next spring!


Anyone have recommendations of companies that are willing to finance here in the US that will work with our friends in Canada?


We will be going to the factory from Michigan and breaking it in with a few National Parks on the way home. Want to make it an adventure and start it out right.



Anyone on the forum that has a 5.0TA in Michigan or close by? We would love to see one in person and the factory could only tell us about one 5.0 over in the Detroit area, no luck getting with him though thus far.


Thanks again all for any info you can provide!
I have a 5.0TA on order and it will be completed on Aug. 2, 2019. I should be home from picking it up in late Aug. I live just up the road from you and if you want to PM to coordinate a visit, by all means do so.
Ejdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:09 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Allegan, Michigan
Trailer: 2020 5.0TA Soon!
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejdobbs View Post
I have a 5.0TA on order and it will be completed on Aug. 2, 2019. I should be home from picking it up in late Aug. I live just up the road from you and if you want to PM to coordinate a visit, by all means do so.
That's terrific! I'll get a PM sent to you once I figure out how to through the forum LOL
RoamingDasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,139
Click on name upper left.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 2.11.05 PM.png (64.3 KB, 4 views)
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Allegan, Michigan
Trailer: 2020 5.0TA Soon!
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Click on name upper left.
Thanks! That option isn't there on the mobile version. Found it on the full site ��
RoamingDasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 13,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingDasch View Post
Thanks! That option isn't there on the mobile version. Found it on the full site ��
In Tapatalk it is the envelope in the top menu bar for messaging.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #10
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,390
This might help.
How to get financing
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.