Soon To Be 5.0 TA Owners - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2018, 09:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Soon To Be 5.0 TA Owners

Hello, we are excited to soon be Escape trailer owners. Daphne and I decided to buy a new 5.0 TA on August 27th and took the soonest build date coming up which was November 27. Our deadline for our build sheet was less than two weeks away September 7th so it was kind of a whirlwind trying to figure out the available options we wanted, picking out upholstery fabric, linoleum, Formica, and all the rest. The forum was a big help. We didn't query but using the search feature enabled us to find answers to most of our questions. We were a little unsure of our decision to buy a trailer like this sight unseen from so far away. All of your enthusiasm and satisfaction with your own Escape trailers convinced us that we were making the right choice, so thanks for all your help. We haven't traveled much in recent years, but both of us have lived a nomadic lifestyle in our earlier days.
We live in the Four Corners area of Colorado and are looking forward to using our Escape both in the mountains and the nearby desert South West. Who knows, maybe we'll actually do the AlCan Highway.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Congratulations! I hope you love your 5.0TA as much as we love ours. We drove through the four corners area about 3 months ago. I love the scenery there.
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:13 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Congrats, we’ve had ours for almost 1 1/2 years now and have been loving every minute.
We had almost a whole year to figure our out. 😎
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I've had mine for one year love it !
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
We love our 5.0 !! We got it in January and took it in early June for a 15,0000 mile spin in 99 days to Alaska, Yukon, NWT and the Arctic Ocean, BC, WA, OR, and back to Southern California. You will love it !!! Can't wait to go again somewhere else!!
franksuzy2gether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
wow that's a big trip! not sure what 15,0000 miles is though?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Thanks! It's pretty late in the season so we are hoping for good weather on the way up. We are planning to take a couple of weeks down the coast and come back home from a more southern route. My sister lives near Palm Desert, so we will stop in and see her and then stop for a couple of days at Joshua Tree.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Congratulations Dan and Daphne. We love our 5.0TA we've had new-to-us since May. Had the smaller classic 5.0 before and appreciate the extra room. We've had 46 nights in it already and just getting it ready to leave in the morning for the Mississippi rally then on to visit our daughter in Georgia.

We'd love to get to Joshua Tree, had it all worked out to go when our son-in-law and daughter were supposed to move to the LA area but now we have to go southeast.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:17 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
Thanks! It's pretty late in the season so we are hoping for good weather on the way up. We are planning to take a couple of weeks down the coast and come back home from a more southern route. My sister lives near Palm Desert, so we will stop in and see her and then stop for a couple of days at Joshua Tree.
That time of year should be good travel if you're coming back on I-5, then cutting over to Colorado. Escape is really close to the US border, and you'll be taking possession in Sumas, Washington.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:45 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Oops we meant 15,000 miles!!!!
franksuzy2gether is offline   Reply With Quote