Help/Ideas wanted for snag w/ title&registration N.J. - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2015, 01:04 PM   #61

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
How about them Bears?
Hi: Donna D... Is there a bare tax? Alf
escape artist n.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #62

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Working on the headache called, "NEW JERSEY MVC." My trailer is in storage until tomorrow, so it's not handy to look at right now. When I go to take it out this weekend, I need to take a photograph of the VIN. Can anyone tell me the location or locations I might find this?

GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
If I remember it is on the sticker right by the door. I remember having to get that checked for registration. The deputy had our paperwork and we didn't even have to go in the trailer. It is I think a purple and white sticker?
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #64

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailseeker View Post
If I remember it is on the sticker right by the door. I remember having to get that checked for registration. The deputy had our paperwork and we didn't even have to go in the trailer. It is I think a purple and white sticker?

I think I know the sticker. I wonder if the frame is stamped?
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:35 PM   #65

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
ok, my husband said it is on the driver's side up front on a metal plate.
Robbie
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:45 PM   #66

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
This is what you are looking for. One on right is inside wardrobe.
Not sure if or where the vin would be stamped on frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Escape wt sticker.jpg (202.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Escape Specs Form.jpg (300.6 KB, 15 views)

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:41 PM   #67

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Yesterday I took the paperwork to the Kansas DMV to get the plate for the new trailer and the predicted cat fight started right away. After over a three hour wait, I got to a window and the lady acted like she knew what she was doing but didn't have a clue.

The first demand she made was that all of the options on the build sheet be converted to US dollars. The explanation was that somethings might not be taxable, so they needed a breakdown of every option. I said that it was like a car with a base price and options added and asked her what exchange rate I should use as it is changing every minute. She goes into the back room and after about 10 minutes comes back and says there is no way that the rate they figured back there matched what I paid in US dollars. Several trips to the back room and adding and adding she finally used the dollar figure that I paid in May though it is better now.

There was also a problem as she couldn't find the value of the trailer in any of her sources and after about 45 minutes of bull, she crunched things through and gave me the plate after relieving me of just shy of $3000. And in the end she acted like she knew what she was doing all of the time. It was worse than I thought it would be. But I was wrong on one thing. Vehicles coming in from out of state have to be inspected if they were previously titled. With a certificate of origin, they do not. Oh and yes, at the start she kept asking for the title. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:33 AM   #68

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Yesterday I took the paperwork to the Kansas DMV to get the plate for the new trailer and the predicted cat fight started right away. After over a three hour wait, I got to a window and the lady acted like she knew what she was doing but didn't have a clue.

The first demand she made was that all of the options on the build sheet be converted to US dollars. The explanation was that somethings might not be taxable, so they needed a breakdown of every option. I said that it was like a car with a base price and options added and asked her what exchange rate I should use as it is changing every minute. She goes into the back room and after about 10 minutes comes back and says there is no way that the rate they figured back there matched what I paid in US dollars. Several trips to the back room and adding and adding she finally used the dollar figure that I paid in May though it is better now.

There was also a problem as she couldn't find the value of the trailer in any of her sources and after about 45 minutes of bull, she crunched things through and gave me the plate after relieving me of just shy of $3000. And in the end she acted like she knew what she was doing all of the time. It was worse than I thought it would be. But I was wrong on one thing. Vehicles coming in from out of state have to be inspected if they were previously titled. With a certificate of origin, they do not. Oh and yes, at the start she kept asking for the title. Loren
Sounds familiar. Except we had to go 3 times and about 3 hours each time . The best part ,trailer wasn't even registered but she handed us the plate . Took 3 months before we were legal . I put plate on and didn't care , reasoning you gave it to us . Told us we were the first to have this trailer in California . That's funny Greggo showed us his and we know Hot Fish Taco's also had one and there was others . That's DMV for you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #69

Trailer: 2009 Casita, 21 ft. escape on order
Returning to Canada with no licence tag

I have a slightly different question about traveling with no licence tag. I would like to return to Canada to attend the 2016 Escape rally after I pick up my 21' trailer in May 2016. Does anyone know the requirenents for reentering Canada with the trailer and then returning to the US when you have no tag?
Cfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #70

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
Went to the DMV here in Michigan this week. 2 hours later and $1800.00 lighter had our plate. Guess we were lucky. 2 weeks until we take possession of our 19

LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote