Sewer hose container - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #11

Re: Sewer hose container

Im in the Jim/Baglo camp. The hose, as supplied by Escape, is adequate for the job. Wear gloves, watch where you step, hold your breath, and be sure to put some kind of weight (either a rock or the cover of the "dump hole") on the hose before you open the valve. I'll spend my discretionary funds on other aspects of my camping experience.

Dave

Old 05-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #12

Trailer: No more Escape 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand
Im in the Jim/Baglo camp. The hose, as supplied by Escape, is adequate for the job. Wear gloves, watch where you step, hold your breath, and be sure to put some kind of weight (either a rock or the cover of the "dump hole") on the hose before you open the valve. I'll spend my discretionary funds on other aspects of my camping experience.

Dave
There is also a "pig" that replaces a rock to hold down the hose,

http://www.fiberglasstraveltrailersr...ig-11-0000.htm

Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #13

Nice...a pink plastic pig! On sale, no less - sign me up!

Dave
Old 05-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #14

The hose that comes with this trailer seems to be around 10 -12 mils. They don't make them much thinner than this. It is possible some Escapes were supplied with thicker hose material -- I would not venture to say since I have no way of determining that.

Our new hose is 20 mils thick. It will last a very long time, is my guess. The new container fits fine in the existing wood holders.
kalyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #15

To purchase a proper sized tube to hold the slinky stinky,all one has to do is go to your nearest plumbing supply store and purchase the right sized piece of pipe and end fittings.

Ask for pipe used for the construction and installation of a septic field, then they will know what you are talking about.

Doug
Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA

Hi: All...The unthinkable finally happened!!! I know the stinky slinky was starting to show its metal after all its 5yrs old. Not to worry we inherited a HD one with the trailer. Why change out what still works...right. Well last "Dump station" we visited one prong of the connector decided to let go...while the gate valve from the black tank was open!!! HOLD ON for dear life. What else can you do in the situation..."Keep on dumping".
Sent my DW to the RVTech for a new connector and she brings home a super duper 4 pronger on the advice of the tech. "If one breaks off you can just rotate it 1/4 turn", except that it won't fit in the "Slinky tube". I go back and trade it for a 2 pronger just the same as the original...WRONG!!! Two prongers made in Mexico aren't the same as 2prongers made in Taiwan
No big deal...just make a new slinky tube so the Taiwan 2pronger will fit right... Long story short after an hr. and a half at TSC store I found a 4" #315343 female adapter SDR35 BDS that will accept the screwin cap and the dreaded Taiwan 2pronger!!!
1 length of pipe
1 cap
1 adapter
1 can of pvc glue
$35.00 later...back at the ranch it's a simple matter of take off the old tube and make another just like it...WRONG!!! Rust and exposure to the elements have made this simply near impossible!!! Seems the 5.0 tube is bolted thru the frame... not to mention the licence plate is in the way and rusted too. What started out as a 20min. fix is going to take all weekend!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Alf, you seem to have all the fun.
Nothing is ever as easy as it first looks, eh?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna

"Hi: All...The unthinkable finally happened!!!"
Sorry to hear of your woes. What would you do if there were no "fixits"? Just look at it as an opportunity to sharpen your skills.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #19

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour

Hi, escape artist,
That's a real bummer. Maybe we all need to put some of that VHB tape on those prongs.
You need your Rustoleum on the license plate, too, just so you don't become anonymous.
Not a fun way to spend the weekend but I predict you will have it all put away by noon Saturday.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #20

We have a Rhino hose and connection for our Itasca.. it didn't fit in the bumper that houses the "Stinky tube".. I had to grind down the sides of the connector to make it fit.. the prongs were just a tad off from the outer casing of the connector plastic so they didn't compromised too much..

favorite quote: "Put the candle back"
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote