Sewer Solution - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #51

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I'm a little confused. Is there a problem with dumping with the Escape that is different from other trailers?

Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #52

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
No.
The Sewer Solution is used to ensure that nothing is left in the black tank. Stuff that may get stuck on the walls can mess up the reading given by your tank level monitors. It's not an issue for me. I just make sure the black tank is as full as possible before dumping. That may involve flushing the toilet several times to add liquid. I dump the black tank, followed by the grey to flush out the slinky.
I have a "wand" that I have used a few times to clean the black tank. It's cheap, but more hassle probably. You stick the wand down into the tank and turn on the water to spray the insides of the tank.

When it comes to the stinky slinky, I still have the original after more than four years. I had to replace one end piece because I tossed it down to the ground, and the ground was cement, which broke a tab off. Finding a new end that fit in the storage compartment was a challenge, which is why some have replaced the storage tube with a plastic fence post. It's a bit larger, so the end of the hose fits inside better ( See Jon's posts on this ).

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #53

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
As Baglo says, you need water in the black tank and I saw that as the main point being made on another forum. We use the typical type chemical packs for deodorizing. That means that every time we dump the black tank, we put a gallon of water with a chemical pack down the toilet. So there is at least that gallon in there. It will then be sloshing around cleaning the tank when moving.

For the same reason, it's a bad idea to set up to stay a few days and connect up the slinky if it happens that there are full hookups. (People often do that.) You would be constantly emptying the black tank instead of keeping water in it. Best to dump with the slinky only after a few days.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #54

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Thanks for clarifying. i have to admit that in the past I left the dumping to my husband (except when we stayed put in one place for an entire summer, come to think of it, so I guess I've dumped plenty). I've been wondering -- if you boondock and then go to look for a place to dump -- is that a problem? Can you pull into any campground and use the dump station?
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #55
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
If you are not staying at the cg they will charge you.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #56

Trailer: 2016 Tacoma Off Road, 2017 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Thanks for clarifying. i have to admit that in the past I left the dumping to my husband (except when we stayed put in one place for an entire summer, come to think of it, so I guess I've dumped plenty). I've been wondering -- if you boondock and then go to look for a place to dump -- is that a problem? Can you pull into any campground and use the dump station?
While many campgrounds will let you use their dump station, they usually charge for it.

These websites will help you find dump stations:
Sanidumps
RV Dumps
RV There Yet Dump Stations
Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #57

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I've been a member of both forums for a few years & find them useful & friendly, even for non Casita owners. The fiberglass egg world is small enough that we all need to be friends & keep in touch!
Jon, you get it. Life is about inclusion, not exclusion. There's plenty of room for everyone.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #58

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
This TA had a free dump. Bring your own hose but pass on the burgers.

PS: Reading this thread is the best fun I've had since Vic's dog ran through mom's tupperware party.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TAMoriarity.jpg (122.8 KB, 18 views)

MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote