tight parking / crawl to empty sewage? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Hey Charlie

I understand what a macerator pump does - but how would it help me in my situation?

I can't imagine the benefit.

But am all ears.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Hey Charlie

I understand what a macerator pump does - but how would it help me in my situation?

I can't imagine the benefit.

But am all ears.
I would attach it when parking the trailer for long periods (like in a boat) with an output hose to reach your rolling tank. Switch on with an extension cord.

Might have to build a stand for it to sit on or get a 90 degree pipe elbow to attach to your rig if it's too long overall. Rhino makes those.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I would attach it when parking the trailer for long periods (like in a boat) with an output hose to reach your rolling tank. Switch on with an extension cord.

Might have to build a stand for it to sit on or get a 90 degree pipe elbow to attach to your rig if it's too long overall. Rhino makes those.
Interesting idea... thanks.

I guess overall I'm most comfortable with ... once the guests leave... i empty and rinse and empty the black tank, then empty the grey tank, so all the tanks are clean (enough) and empty.

so... i'd need access to the black + grey valve at the sewage outlet from the Escape.

Donna's idea of swinging the tongue, towards the house, away from the wall, as much as possible is a great idea... and of course i'm not so smart so I didn't even think of that.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" (previously 17B "Blue") 2016 Highlander XLE (previously 2008 Tacoma)
You might need to remind guest who aren't familiar with RVs that the waste tanks are not infinite. The first vehicle we had with waste tanks was a Rialta and it had fairly small tanks, On our first camping trip with it, washing dishes, showering, etc we filled the grey tank up in one day.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
You might need to remind guest who aren't familiar with RVs that the waste tanks are not infinite. The first vehicle we had with waste tanks was a Rialta and it had fairly small tanks, On our first camping trip with it, washing dishes, showering, etc we filled the grey tank up in one day.
Good point... but luckily our guests understand. (and are reminded as well)
Old 06-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
My trailer is also close to a fence. There's lots of ground clearance and I don't have any difficulty crawling under to reach the other side. Cranking the tongue jack up a bit would give even more clearance. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-01-2016 4-05-49 PM01_resize.jpg (177.1 KB, 22 views)
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:25 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
My trailer is also close to a fence. There's lots of ground clearance and I don't have any difficulty crawling under to reach the other side. Cranking the tongue jack up a bit would give even more clearance. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ron
Why was my first thought of you getting a face full of....well, effluent.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:27 AM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Good excuse to take the trailer camping and dump at a cg, using one of those portable units can get nasty as well as heavy. I had about 18" and it was too close to breathe...
Old 06-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #19

Trailer: ?
You could park with BOTH sets of tires on blocks to give you more room under the trailer. Then (as Ron said) raise the tongue to improve access to disconnect/connect the hose - and lower it to level to dump.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

Ron
Hey Ron - thanks for the great ideas and the awesome pic. Very helpful.

I had not thought of cranking up the tongue a bit to gain a bit more space. Silly me. of course! :-)
then lower to level, to dump.

(thank goodness a bunch of wise people firmly told me to get the power tongue jack!)

and... if need be, i could buy an inexpensive 'creeper' (is that the proper name?) to lie on it, on my back, and easily scoot under the Escape and hook up.

and... I like to store my travel trailer on some particle board or similar, just to keep the rubber off the concrete. It is my understanding that this can help reduce the slightly bad interaction between concrete and rubber, over time. (but that is a whole different debate)