BlackJack is on the road.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
With all those miles per day, there is not much time for stopping. (snip)
And has a REALLY big, strong bladder! Holy Cow! I could not imagine doing that many miles in one stretch, regardless of how many different drivers there were. I gotta eat and pee more than once per day. I guess you could time your pee breaks for when you get gas. One person hits the restroom while the other pumps the gas.

But still!

PS, loved the photos of San Antonio posted by someone else. Never been there, but might after seeing those photos.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Made it to Seligman, Az last night after a 9 hour day. Total 2200 miles in 3.5 days. Trailer and truck operating flawlessly. The Flagstaff Pass is 7000 feet and both the highway and trains use the same pass.
Our cg is right next to the BNSF mainline and we fell asleep to the sounds of the trains. The stars at night were uinbelievable and was only outdone by the magnificent sunrise . We are 450 miles from Los Angeles, Ca but we now are heding northwest up the California central San Jaquuin Valley. The only issue we have run into is the cold weather and my typing on this minikeyboard. When I get back home I will see about new glasses,
The refer , due to the weather has been fine on #4 and propane, with turning back to #3 on electric. My mileage improved to 13.5 mpg for the entire trip. I admit I was going 70 to 75 mph which was the limit earlier in this trip but slowed to 65 yesterday and saw a dramatic increase in mpg from previous 12 to 15 mpg, thus bring the overall average up also.

Heed the trailer mph limits in CA. Trailers must always be in the right lane.
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by reetired View Post
Heed the trailer mph limits in CA. Trailers must always be in the right lane.
Why? No one else does. Especially not boat trailers.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Jim, Have a great time and a safe trip! Hope to visit BlackJack when you return home. Working on build sheet and want to see all the options etc on yours.
Andrea
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:58 PM   #25

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
Why? No one else does. Especially not boat trailers.

Cuz he's got out of state plates! More moolah for da state...being that 9 times out of 10 he won't contest the ticket!
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I suspect you are already past it, but if you (or anyone) get a chance to stay at Red Rock Canyon State Park east of Bakersfield, do it. While dry camping, the background behind each site is impressive:
Attached Thumbnails
ASH_3342.jpg  
Old 05-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Noted Jon. Thanks.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:06 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Made it to Visalia, Ca last night, our destination for awhile. We have some family gatherings to handle for the holiday weekend, that and the need to get thru tornado alley was the stimulus to arrive here quickly. Now we can rest for 3 days before heading to Osoyoos. The weather is finally "shorts" weather as the trip across was cold from Amarillo west, had to wear sweats. Even yesterday coming thru Tehachapi pass it was 44 degrees. Got to see the Union Pacific Tehachapi Spiral, a helix track layout for traversing the pass. Quite different from the switchbacks normally seen.See here Tehachapi Loop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Now for some R and R for awhile, Franklin and Hershey are also happy campers.
Saw one Escape 17 heading east on I40 in California, otherwise 4 Casitas. A couple chased us down at a rest stop, said they were following me for last 3 hours in order to see the trailer. They were interested in an Airstream until they saw the Escape. Hopefully we will be getting some new members here.
Planning on heading to Mt.Shasta on Monday and Leavenworth, Wa on Tuesday and arriving in Osoyoos on Wednesday, a more leisurely trip and hoping the weather warms up, we only have one set of long sleeve tops between the two of us.Hope everyone has a safe trip to the rally and Happy Memorial Day.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #29

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Jim- If you like trains, check out staying at Railroad Park Motel/Campground in Dunsmuir near Mt. Shasta as a place to stay. The "motel" is a series of upscale converted old cabooses, with old train stuff around. I like the rustic campground, it has full hookups if desired (get site # 26 or 28!). There is a lot to see and do in the area. If the Upper Sacramento River wasn't low due to the drought, I'd be camping and kayaking there now. If you fish, the river in that area is a blue ribbon trout fishery. The McCloud river, one half hour away, has great waterfalls, and is the original home of the rainbow trout. Enjoy the area.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #30

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Got to see the Union Pacific Tehachapi Spiral, a helix track layout for traversing the pass. Quite different from the switchbacks normally seen.See here Tehachapi Loop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
If you haven't seen them yet, you might want to check out the CP Rail Spiral Tunnels east of Field, British Columbia. The loops are smaller than the Tehachapi Spiral, but there are two of them. The rail line is shown in Google Maps, and the above-ground line is visible in satellite view. There is a pull-out on the TransCanada Highway at a viewpoint where at least one tunnel's openings are visible (I haven't stopped there for years).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:08 PM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
If you haven't seen them yet, you might want to check out the CP Rail Spiral Tunnels east of Field, British Columbia. The loops are smaller than the Tehachapi Spiral, but there are two of them. The rail line is shown in Google Maps, and the above-ground line is visible in satellite view. There is a pull-out on the TransCanada Highway at a viewpoint where at least one tunnel's openings are visible (I haven't stopped there for years).
Fascinating link on the spiral tunnels. Now that's one huge engineering achievement.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We left California this am and arrived in Redmond, Or at a beautiful KOA ion the valley, this place is so green and lush compared to burned out southern Califonia. Did see an Escape 17 heading south on I5 today. Tomorrow, Osoyoos.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:30 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Ah, that's only 442 miles, what are you going to do for any afternoon drive.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
At this point, I would be a puddle of mush in the foot well.
I was even thinking of maybe camping overnight in Manning on the way to Osoyoos from North Van.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #35

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I was even thinking of maybe camping overnight in Manning on the way to Osoyoos from North Van.
You're just my speed.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I am stopping at Manning. Makes for an earlier in the day arrival at Osoyoss.

Ron
Old 05-25-2015, 11:16 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Tho shalt not check in before noon.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:47 AM   #38

Earlier is a relative term. Despite out best intentions, having the trailer packed and ready to roll out of driveway first thing in the morning, it never happens. So we don't mind making a more leisurely trip once in a while and arriving the next day earlier than we would have if we'd made a late start.

Ron
Old 05-26-2015, 07:32 AM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
What we almost always do now, is instead of leaving early in the morning, which like Ron says rarely seems to materialize, is that we leave the evening before. For long weekends, it gets usually gets us to our destination, and even if a bit later, we get to start the day there. On longer trips, like the near 10 hours to Osoyoos, driving 4 hours or so makes the next day drive a piece of cake, and we can arrive early.

That is of course IF we had the time to get ready the day before. These IFs are often a big factor to use working folks.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #40

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
I'm working till 11:15 on Wednesday night--so we are leaving sometime Thursday morning.. About a 5 hour drive for us.

We are going to the pub for supper on Thursday night right??