Guide to Public Campgrounds: What do you use? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2019, 05:48 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
If you have a GPS you can load the Ultimate Campground POI list onto it, that'd give you offline access, to some extent. I have NOT put these on mine.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:43 AM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
Do you recall the name? I want to go to southern Louisiana next spring for crawfish season.
Lake End Park on Lake Palourde in Morgan City, funny I just saw your post and about a half hour ago I came across the map and rules sheet for the park. We stayed nearly a week, in the "off season" which is from Nov. to March they have a special for $140 a week. We were in the separate section which was OK but with all the rain it was quite muddy and the road there leaves much to be desired. We wre in site 108 or 109. It's quite a distance from there to the shower/washroom building in the main campground area although an easy walk to the small washroom and one poor shower in the tent area. The main campground was full on the weekend we were there so could only get the week at the secondary one. We would return again.

emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19', Escape 5.0 on order July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Iím going to bet it was Lake End Campground...not many other options in that area

https://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds-details/20348.htm

Thanks, agree. I found the same in a search. The last time I was in Morgan City was as a young teen. My uncle ran a shrimp boat. It was quite an experience for a young man.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:07 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Casita Liberty delux
We use RV PARKY app on our android phone. Have also used free campsite app and found Dick Davis campground in St Martin parish right on the Achafalaya for $10 a night full hook up. I also bought a Rand McNally map because cell service does not always work.
Glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
We typically prefer camping at public campgrounds (BLM, NFS, COE, State, County, City). What do you use as a guide to find such places to stay?

Would like to find an app or program that can be used offline, or at least allows planning online and then access offline. It would be ok if it is limited to one or two states at a time, as long as it has nationwide coverage available.
My absolute favorite. https://freecampsites.net/index.php?...b_app_manifest

Web based app; give them a little donation and lose the fee ads. Nice people and support useful presentation.
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
campgrounds

Thanks for the great info!

WRGooding is offline   Reply With Quote