Pickup 21' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Question Pickup 21'

Hi out there. We are new here but we received wonderful advice here when we were going through our buildsheet. We are picking up our 21' in April. This is our first trailer and we have limited camping experience. It will take us about two weeks to camp our way back from BC to Houston. Is there anything especially important anyone can impart about what we will need. In other words, what did you realize on your way back that you wished you had brought? That kind of thing. Thank so much!
Owlbnthecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:53 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Greetings and congrats on your 21'! The one thing we should have had was a torque wrench as the wheels should be tightened when they're new as per the ETI guidelines.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Thanks!
Owlbnthecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Here's a start.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...tting-162.html
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Hi Mike & Christie. We didn't worry too much about it. In fact, we intentionally left bulky stuff at home and bought new after we picked up our trailer in September. Fred Meyer stores sell everything (including pillows, "Sealy" brand; and Ross had a couple good deals: a pair of throw pillows for $19 and a set of scatter rugs for $10). We did take sheets because they can be expensive; and a couple of blankets. We used paper plates, etc. and took a minimum of cooking utensils and flatware... We were concerned more about having too much stuff with us for the trip up, feeling we needed to not leave things in the pickup in motel parking lots overnight. So, we packed everything into 3 large totes (took our own bath towels, but bought new dish rags and dish towels) to facilitate the unloading and loading. From Austin, it took us 5 days to get there - not counting a couple extra days we spent visiting family and friends. We could've done it in four, as one day included a drive around Mt. Rainier and lunch at a friend's restaurant in Seattle...

I can tell you the whole trip was LOTS of fun. I hope yours is for you also!
Old 02-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Just get a good rain poncho. You tend to find out what you need when you need it and don't have it. Also a quality potable water hose, and later you may want to upgrade the waste hose. Other than that we took sheets, towels, rugs, and just basically what you need to set up house keeping. We also picked up a Q1200 Weber grill and enjoyed cooking outdoors. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #7

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Just get a good rain poncho. (snip)
I got one of these from Amazon a few years ago and just love it. I got it in yellow (gold) and you really stand out. Which is kind of the point when it's raining and crappy out. It's the only coat I've ever worn where I got compliments from flaggers, construction workers and grocery baggers and them asking where I got it. I got a size or two larger than I normally would as that way the sleeves would be long enough to cover my fingers, if need be, and I could wear it over a heavier coat if it was cold out. I'm 5'10" and it covers me practically to my ankles. I've worn it in pouring down rain and never got wet. And when you get inside, you wad it into the backpack/pouch and all the water stays inside and not dripping all over.

Robot Check
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote