build sheet for a 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
build sheet for a 19'

Working on it and hoping for feedback. We are expecting to boondock 75% of the time, with 25% hookups. Many of our anticipated boondocking locations do not have cell or wi fi. We'll be traveling in western Canada, southwest US, and closer to home in WA, OR, ID, and MT. Possibility of a cross-country trip to Florida Keys. We are fine with the "fifty shades of brown" stock interior option. Don't need a microwave, and don't want TV... we camp to get away from TV. Sometimes it's good not knowing what's going on in the world.

Oven w/ 3 burner cooktop
6 cuft fridge
Foot flush toilet
Toilet shutoff valve
Winterizing T-valve
Dual 6V batteries
160W Solar Panel w/ charge controller
Surge protector
LED Awning Light Strip
Air conditioner
Stereo/DVD with 2 speakers
Extra insulation and frameless windows
Opening frameless thermal windows in kitchen and bath
Cabinet door at end of bench
Drawer under wardrobe closet
Spray foam insulation under trailer
Storage box
Raise dinette/benches 3"
Convert bench seat to U-shaped
3 additional USB/12V outlets
3 shelves in wardrobe
4 LED Captain's Lamps
Starter kit w/ tandem chocks

Have we forgotten anything?? Any comments from folks who camp like we do, on what's on this list, or not?? Much appreciated!!!

salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Where do you want your exterior door light, since you are getting the awning light, I lowered mine to below the belly band to shine on the step and area. Also the exterior shower on curb side makes a nice wash station outside the door.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Looks like a really nice trailer to me. Only comments would be to consider an exterior 12V outlet which can be handy for air compressor, water transfer pump, fan, etc. One outlet can work if you don't mind running an extension under the trailer. Also I second the outside shower/spray port which is very convenient. Last item if you have any kids/grandkids that would ever be joining you then definitely order the trailer cot ready so you have the blocks glassed in for the supports.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
If you haven’t sat in a 19 with u bench, you might want to try to do so before committing to that. It might be perfect for you but we decided against it after trying it. Just too cramped for us and too much table space sacrificed.

You might also want to consider the detachable power cord and 2-way water heater options. There are strong and mixed opinions on both but we like them.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
I agree with Jim. I wish we had lowered our light outside the door to more of a waist high level. We raised our dinette floor 3 inches and went to the the U bench but then made our table a round 24 inch round one with one pole with a recessed hole for the pole. It's kind of like a cocktail table. It still slides like the standard table. This way we can have a level floor with a small rug over it when we don't put up the table and lots of space. No tripping. We did think the U shape with the standard table was a little cramped. We very often don't even put the table up and it gives the inside a more spacious feel. We had ETI make us 2 - 12 inch filler boards so we can still use the dinette area as a bed if we desire. We store the two filler boards under the mattress and you cannot tell they are there. We used our camper 40+ nights last summer and have no regrets on our design. This works for us as we spend almost all our time outside. The important thing is to decide what will work for you. Everyones scenario is different.

We also love the detachable power cord.

-Ohio Ralph-
Old 03-27-2018, 07:11 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
One more thing to consider: the high lift axle option. Again, people will line up on both sides of this one but we are fans for two reasons: it offsets the loss of ground clearance from the underbody spray foam, and it adds a useful bit of lift for when you hit the dump station.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:28 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
I agree with Jim. I wish we had lowered our light outside the door to more of a waist high level. We raised our dinette floor 3 inches and went to the the U bench but then made our table a round 24 inch round one with one pole with a recessed hole for the pole. It's kind of like a cocktail table. It still slides like the standard table. This way we can have a level floor with a small rug over it when we don't put up the table and lots of space. No tripping. We did think the U shape with the standard table was a little cramped. We very often don't even put the table up and it gives the inside a more spacious feel. We had ETI make us 2 - 12 inch filler boards so we can still use the dinette area as a bed if we desire. We store the two filler boards under the mattress and you cannot tell they are there. We used our camper 40+ nights last summer and have no regrets on our design. This works for us as we spend almost all our time outside. The important thing is to decide what will work for you. Everyones scenario is different.

We also love the detachable power cord.

-Ohio Ralph-
We were thinking of something similar in regards to the U-shaped bench... make it more of a lounging area than eating area, as we anticipate sitting outside for meals most of the time, as weather allows. Did ETI make the round table?? Also really like the idea of a recessed hole for the table pole, I assume they made these changes for you upon request?? Thanks much for this info!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #8

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
We were thinking of something similar in regards to the U-shaped bench... make it more of a lounging area than eating area, as we anticipate sitting outside for meals most of the time, as weather allows. Did ETI make the round table?? Also really like the idea of a recessed hole for the table pole, I assume they made these changes for you upon request?? Thanks much for this info!
This might help...
www.escapeforum.org/forums/f40/table-for-u-shaped-dinette-10824-2.html#post208929
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:24 AM   #9

Yes. ETI made all the changes. We love it. We probably leave the round table in our tow vehicle far more than we set it up and the recessed hole is fantastic. I was trying to post a photo of it but have been unsuccessful. Will continue to try.

-Ohio Ralph-
Old 03-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #10

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/at...6&d=1513218617

See if the above link for the photo opens for you. Or search for my wife's post. She is under LIN. The post is under the thread 3" raise dinette bench and floor and is dated 12-13-17.

Let me know if this works for you.

-Ohio Ralph-