Collapsible Kitchenware - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Old 03-29-2016, 09:53 AM   #11
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Thanks for the update Laura. I think you just cost me some money ... Hello Amazon!

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #12
Trailer: Former class c .. Deciding on 17B
If you want to go crazy..sea to summit makes collapsible pots!

For use with camping stoves.

reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #13
Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I knew about collapsible bowls, but didn't really look at 'em until next week. Amazon Prime got used and UPS and USPS delivered today. I've already played around with them and even Dirk was impressed with them. Who knew he would? Not me!

The item I was most impressed with is the salad spinner, as I love making salads. It can also be used as a colander and a salad serving bowl:
Robot Check

1.5 and 3 quart mixing bowls that will also double as serving bowls: Squish Mixing Bowl, 1.5-Quart: Kitchen & Dining

I don't anticipate using the measuring cups very often, but they'll be handy if/when I do need 'em:
Robot Check

Loads of fun! And they'll take up lots less space in trailer cabinets! Yay!
After five years of snowbirding, I found the collapsible measuring cups take up almost as much room as the regular ones, so don't bother. I have had the collapsible salad spinner that also suffices as a great salad bowl, but hardly use the spinner because I find that I buy the salad in the clamshell for ease and last a little longer without getting squished. Of course the salad strainer can't be used for pasta, so the pasta strainer works great. However the greatest collapsible item, IMHO, is the collapsible dish pan. I use it in the sink for washing small loads of dishes, and small clothes items. Great investment. Also, the green vegetable bags that let them breathe and last longer. My philosophy: Each item should be used at least two ways. Don't make the mistake of filling up your trailer with too much stuff, however how much fun it is to buy!
Carla Jean Pugh (and my guy, Ned)
"Pepé Le Pugh"
2016 Escape 21'
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #14
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I remember early on in our trailering, the full-timers would all tell us that when they first start out they are crammed with stuff. At about three months they start disposing of stuff, by six months lots more goes, and by a year they are starting to have lots of storage space. They then seem to all arrive at a rule of "if we haven't used something in a month, it goes."

One shouldn't buy much for their trailer until they have been out camping for awhile. Once you go out for an extended trip or two you'll start to learn what you need and what you can get rid of. We no longer take much of anything that we took when we first started.

Greg A is online now   Reply With Quote