Escape 21 Dinette Options - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
Escape 21 Dinette Options

We are working on the build sheet, and are considering table options. We are going with the U-shaped dinette and are thinking about the Springfield pedestal. However, I have seen the Dicor mount, and really like it. Is this still available? A web search does not turn up much.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:53 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
We are working on the build sheet, and are considering table options. We are going with the U-shaped dinette and are thinking about the Springfield pedestal. However, I have seen the Dicor mount, and really like it. Is this still available? A web search does not turn up much.
Contact stratos175 - he has been importing them. I think he has sold all the ones he imported but may order more as there is a lot of interest in these.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...des-15444.html
Old 11-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #3

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
At the Mississippi River Rendezvous I talked to a few owners of u-shaped dinettes.

Items learned at the Rendezvous:
  • If four people are eating for every meal you may want to skip the u-shaped dinette - we've had four people eating, but our guests are very thin.

• 4" back cushion, instead of the stock 2" thick back cushion - so your back does not sit against the awning window knobs. I immediately noticed the knob in my back when sitting at the lady's u-shaped dinette

• 22" instead of the standard 18" rear seat - the 18" is too short for most adults and having a 4" cushion makes it even smaller, so the 22" deep rear seat works better and provides 2" extra leg room and 4" more storage.

• Split the rear back and seat cushions in half - much easier to get to your storage. I'm in there all the time.

• Eliminate the post hole in the dinette floor - we chose not to have any table installed and rarely use our portable folding table. Others need and use a table all the time.

• Lagun Table - eliminates a post in the middle of the floor, so you feet aren't bumping into the post in an already small area. Our next-door neighbors, who also own a 2018 5.0, removed their post holder, carpeted the dinette floor, and installed a Lagun table mount. Theirs is solid as a rock. If we ever do install a table it will be with a Lagun mount.

• Filler cushions - we ordered two filler cushions to fill the table space for a lounging area. After owning, we found filling the entire space was too hard to get in and out, so now leave one cushion at home. We do carry a second board, stored underneath the bed, to use the dinette fully as a bed using the side back cushions. OTOH, our granddaughter, or one person, has plenty of room to sleep using just the filler cushion. We would only order one filler cushion, since our second cushion is unused.

So far, after 198 nights on the road with our Escape we love our u-shaped dinette, don't miss a table, and it's pretty much set up as a well-used lounging area.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 11-08-2019, 04:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
Thanks for the feedback. So much to think about when ordering a trailer that can be customized like the Escape.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote