ETI covers for 21' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' 2018
ETI covers for 21'

I just found out that the custom covers for the 21' are done and I can add it to my accessories for pick-up. (Probably the other sizes too, I forgot to ask.) I'm waiting on a price but was told months ago it would just be a few hundred

Has anyone gotten one? What was the experience with the old covers, and why did they stop offering them?
Old 04-27-2018, 09:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
What old covers?

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
What old covers?
The 21 Foot Escape

On the accessories page there's a 17' cover that they no longer carry. However, it's totally a different situation because the new ones are custom made for Escape.

So maybe just the first question, anyone know anything about the new covers that are now available?
Old 04-28-2018, 12:09 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
5.0TA TRAILER COVERS ARE IN!
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:54 AM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Camping World appears to be selling the same covers and even show them on an Escape. These are small though and appear to capture the larger Scamp and Casita market. Might work on the now defunct Escape 13 and 15. Maybe they sell the larger sizes too I just don’t see them.

https://www.campingworld.com/classic...ler-cover-8-10

https://www.campingworld.com/classic...er-cover-10-13
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:47 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5 TA
Yes the 5.0TA covers are in, but they are 2 feet too long and about a foot too tall. Imagine a newborn wearing a diaper meant for a 2 year old child...
KatrinaOstby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaOstby View Post
Yes the 5.0TA covers are in, but they are 2 feet too long and about a foot too tall. Imagine a newborn wearing a diaper meant for a 2 year old child...
Oh man, what a bummer! Isn't that bad for the surface or something, to have the cover scooting/blowing around?

So how does the cover fit on the 21' anyone? I'd been told by ETI that they were measuring each size camper and making them custom, but this doesn't seem to be the case...
Old 04-29-2018, 11:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Camping World appears to be selling the same covers and even show them on an Escape. These are small though and appear to capture the larger Scamp and Casita market. Might work on the now defunct Escape 13 and 15. Maybe they sell the larger sizes too I just don’t see them.

https://www.campingworld.com/classic...ler-cover-8-10

https://www.campingworld.com/classic...er-cover-10-13
The manufacturer doesn't show any others. ETI may have contracted them to customize covers for the 21' and 5.0, but apparently for the 5.0 at least they're pretty loose?

I've put all my cover eggs in this basket, so it's back to square one if these aren't a good option.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:43 PM   #9

New Covers

Picked up our 21' and its cover from ETI in September of 2018. We were impressed with the cover during our heavy (California) rains over the winter. When we removed the cover in the Spring, everything was fine except for one small area on top that had 'rubbed' so I reinforced that and all was okay (did notice that the top of the cover seemed a little 'chalky' but didn't think much of it). After our trip to Bandon in July, we washed and waxed the trailer, made sure all sharp edges were covered on the top of the trailer (i.e., solar, antenna, vent, etc.) and put the cover on the trailer. After returning from two weeks back east (sans trailer), went out and saw that the cover had, literally, ripped apart on top (it's worse at the back end which does get most of the sunlight). We've had some hot weather but no significant winds or any other weather anomaly. Has anyone else had a similar experience with their new cover? Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper ....
Attached Thumbnails
1-Trailer Cover 1.jpg   1-Trailer Cover 2.jpg  

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 09-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #10

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I'm not familiar with the ETI cover but when I mistakenly bought the cheap ADCO Polypropylene (non Tyvek) cover, it shredded after 1 year. The Tyvek one I had before it lasted 6. The ETI one looks to be Polypropylene too.

Going by the picture on the ETI website it may be this one, which says it has a 3 year warranty.
https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Acces.../dp/B0009I1WXW
Old 09-21-2019, 03:24 PM   #11

You're right ... it looks very similar. I need to dig out the warranty for the cover; however, not sure I want to replace bad with bad. I'm going to check into the Tyvek covers. Thanks!

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 09-21-2019, 03:25 PM   #12

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5 TA
tearing a little but not bad

Out 5.0TA cover has torn a bit around the step. We contacted the company and they provided 10 feet by 12 inches of sticky backed "fabric". Patched our stairs and all is good for now. But these certainly don't fit our "little" fifth wheels. Any serious wind is going to destroy them.
KatrinaOstby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #13

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
FWIW, I did get a couple small holes in the Tyvek cover from too sharp corners, being Tyvek the holes didn't keep growing.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #14

Follow-up

I contacted ETI about our cover and they put me in touch with the manufacturer. Filled out their on-line form, sent in my photos and waited for them to contact me. Imagine our surprise when, about two weeks later, a large package was delivered to our door -- a brand new cover. Let's hope our old one was just a fluke and that this one lasts longer than a year. Nonetheless, we are impressed with their customer service.

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 10-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #15

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
mine is still good this will be year 3 with it....
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:51 AM   #16

Thanks Foxhunt. It's reassuring to know there's hope. ;-)

Jan

- Cesare Pavese