Our 21' Escape Trailer purchase issues - Page 16 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2019, 11:23 PM   #301

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Makes one want to eat more veggies
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:37 PM   #302

Trailer: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Scrapple is scraps of meat ground up and fried as a thin patty. As the son of a full blooded Czech mother, we made Souse which is head cheese with extra vinegar. A hogs head was boiled for about 3 hours. Spices are added, the bones in the head give up juices that when cooled turn to a clear gelatin. The snout, forehead, ears, tongue, jowls cheeks and temples are boned out and cut up into bite sized pieces. The meat is combined with the juice and put in a mold. In our case, cake pans. Then it’s cooled in the refrigerator or out on the porch in winter and eaten like a meat infused jello. Not bad. Makes a hot dog look like Sunday school
Meat. Did I mention there was a lot of gout in the old Bohemie crowd? And high blood pressue was a way of life. There are recipes for all of this. In rural Iowa there are still some small independent locker plants that custom butcher. They are the source for hogs heads, Rocky Mountain Oysters, Jowl bacon, award winning sausage and delicacies like landjaeger. Sometimes called weasel peter for some strange reason.
Iowa Dave
People were so poor that they had to extract every bit of nutrition they could from there meager existence or so I have been told. I try to avoid most if not all of what you just said.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:28 AM   #303

Trailer: 2019---21'
Took delivery on our 21' in June; during the orientation, expected Reece or the Carl (new manger) to say "hello" but didn't even see them...Someone at higher management should greet and personally thank customers for their business; Simple business ethics.
k4zvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:13 AM   #304

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
When I was growing up I loved eating my Grandmother’s homemade head cheese , blood sausage and pickled pigs feet with saurkraut . The main reason was that my Grandmother made them , nobody told me how they were made , and I was too young to care . Now I find that these delicacies are hard to find and if I do find them they don’t taste the same or as good as what my Grandmother made .
Growing up we had fresh liver sausage and eggs on Sunday mornings . Again hard to find and not as good as the liver sausage from 50 years ago

These things may be depression food but as my Dad said “ If your hungry , you eat it and don’t ask questions”
Some day I hope to try Jim N’s scrapple , it sounds delicious to me !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:34 AM   #305

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Coddling is something I never took much stock in. My orientation was handled professionally by an employee and my questions were answered . The manager coming out to greet you at the time of sale ? I could care less unless there was a serious issue with the employee or the product. Reace is the production manager, I assume he is busy building trailers. If there are QC issues fine, but how is not being greeted a business ethics issue? I just don’t get it.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:40 AM   #306

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4zvu View Post
Took delivery on our 21' in June; during the orientation, expected Reece or the Carl (new manger) to say "hello" but didn't even see them...Someone at higher management should greet and personally thank customers for their business; Simple business ethics.
We recently purchased a new truck. It cost considerably more than the TA we are buying. The only person we ever saw was the salesman. We had no expectations otherwise.
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #307

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4zvu View Post

It's a courtesy to spell people's names correctly. It's Reace and it's Karl.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #308

Trailer: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
When I was growing up I loved eating my Grandmother’s...
What, no Lutefisk? A story my Norwegian mother would tell me is that it was a common practice to keep the Lutefisk in large crocks outside the house (presumably because of the smell) at the front curb to cure and the very best Lutefisk was from the crocks that had been flavored by the local dogs.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:00 AM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
What, no Lutefisk? A story my Norwegian mother would tell me is that it was a common practice to keep the Lutefisk in large crocks outside the house (presumably because of the smell) at the front curb to cure and the very best Lutefisk was from the crocks that had been flavored by the local dogs.
My Grandparents were German / Austrian , lutefisk is Scandinavian
I do like lefse but that’s a different topic
Old 07-26-2019, 10:44 AM   #310

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Steve,
I plan on bring plenty of scrapple to Mississippi Rally in September, cool nights and hot scrapple in mornings with coffee, means you have arrived...and bacon, the scrapple needs bacon grease for cooking.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #311

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Speaking of bacon....
I had a grandmother who routinely cooked bacon in the mornings and then would dip her bread in the grease and eat it like toast. she lived to be 94....
Old 07-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #312

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Coddling is something I never took much stock in. My orientation was handled professionally by an employee and my questions were answered . The manager coming out to greet you at the time of sale ? I could care less unless there was a serious issue with the employee or the product. Reace is the production manager, I assume he is busy building trailers. If there are QC issues fine, but how is not being greeted a business ethics issue? I just don’t get it.
I agree. The expectations some folks have continues to surprise me.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #313

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
It's a courtesy to spell people's names correctly. It's Reace and it's Karl.
And Carl is not the new manger, Karl is the new manager

on edit: I do believe this thread has more than run its course. Perhaps a moderator should close it.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #314

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post

on edit: I do believe this thread has more than run its course. Perhaps a moderator should close it.

In my experience, the thread will pop up again under a new title within a few days.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Speaking of bacon....
I had a grandmother who routinely cooked bacon in the mornings and then would dip her bread in the grease and eat it like toast. she lived to be 94....
My father use to tell the story about during the depression kids would eat bread fried in bacon fat for breakfast so that when they got to school they smelled like bacon and the other kids would think they were not poor and their family could afford bacon
We used to eat bologna sandwiches and potatoes fried in bacon fat .
My Grandmother use to render lard every Fall , makes the best pie crust .
I am amazed to this day how women during the depression and WW2 could make good tasty unhealthy meals for the whole family out of practically nothing and still live to be in their 90’s .
Old 07-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #316

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
My father use to tell the story about during the depression kids would eat bread fried in bacon fat for breakfast so that when they got to school they smelled like bacon and the other kids would think they were not poor and their family could afford bacon
We used to eat bologna sandwiches and potatoes fried in bacon fat .
My Grandmother use to render lard every Fall , makes the best pie crust .
Now youve done it. I’m off the deli shop to get thick slices of bologna so I can have fried samwhiches mmmmmmmmmmmm ( doc gonna chew me out for indulging )
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #317

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Farther.
Don't get me started on Lutefisk.Growing up in Sweden in the 40s and 50s we ate that stuff most of the winter.Will never touch it again.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:08 PM   #318

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:

Unsubscribe to the thread. Go to 'Thread Tools"
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:15 PM   #319

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:

Not only is the horse being beaten dead but I think the beating is turning it into scrapple!
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #320

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:

Ah, come on, I'm learning all sorts of interesting food stuff.

Quote:
My father use to tell the story about during the depression kids would eat bread fried in bacon fat for breakfast so that when they got to school they smelled like bacon a.
Ah, where did the bacon fat come from? I used to do that well into my 20's until I started to eat a little healthier. Well, maybe not entirely, gotta go upstairs and fry up some hash browns for lunch.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, escape 21, issues, problems, purchase