Ontario & Quebec - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: West Coast, Florida
Trailer: None now
Posts: 1,278
Ontario & Quebec

If you are missing your neighbors I think I know where they are at.
There are lots of Quebec and Ontario plates this year on the local roads

And a lot of my neighbors from the other side of the border are down this year. Even the guy who yells at the squirrels and birds.
I have not seen him for a few years but I recognize his yelling and hand clapping.

I had a few inquire about the Canadian flag on the tire cover before I put the trailer in storage. None had ever heard of Escape but a couple did say if it's Canadian its good .

Between them and all the North Eastern U.S. folks we are packed with snowbirds.
__________________

wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
If you are missing your neighbors I think I know where they are at.
There are lots of Quebec and Ontario plates this year on the local roads

And a lot of my neighbors from the other side of the border are down this year. Even the guy who yells at the squirrels and birds.
I have not seen him for a few years but I recognize his yelling and hand clapping.

I had a few inquire about the Canadian flag on the tire cover before I put the trailer in storage. None had ever heard of Escape but a couple did say if it's Canadian its good .

Between them and all the North Eastern U.S. folks we are packed with snowbirds.
Hi: wetzk... We're not down there...yet!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere, Florida
Trailer: 1804 Schooner
Posts: 1,642
It’s understandable and a fair swap. The snowbirds come south to escape living “(walking in a winter wonderland.” I, as a sunbird on the other hand, go north, often into Canada to get the hell (pun intended) out of Florida’s “summertime, and the livin’s easy” (NOT).
__________________
“Quoth the Raven, ‘Nevermore’......” E. A. Poe
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:14 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Naples, Florida
Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Posts: 361
Florida?

Alf When are you guys coming down again ? let us know ?Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:03 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: West Coast, Florida
Trailer: None now
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
It’s understandable and a fair swap. The snowbirds come south to escape living “(walking in a winter wonderland.” I, as a sunbird on the other hand, go north, often into Canada to get the hell (pun intended) out of Florida’s “summertime, and the livin’s easy” (NOT).
For the previous 3 years the folks from north of the border were scarce in our area. I assume the economy was the cause.

Now that I am retired I intend to escape the summers here as much as possible.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:29 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 13,596
No doubt the number of Alberta and BC plates rise in Arizona at this time of year too. For folks like me, it is the only pleasant time to visit these places.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:40 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami, Florida
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 95
Love my Canadian neighbors! Unlike the local South Florida population, they always use the turn signal to change lanes.

I am also planning on going up north to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland this summer after I pick up my Escape in May.

I was there last July in a rented Class B RV and hung out with Fred and Dora and Lucy and Charlie. Hoping we will have a reunion!
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 13,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki724 View Post
I was there last July in a rented Class B RV and hung out with Fred and Dora and Lucy and Charlie. Hoping we will have a reunion!
Oh man, those folks are lots of trouble, but as in the game of Trouble, with the Pop O Matic, "This kind of trouble is lots of fun!"
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: West Coast, Florida
Trailer: None now
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Alf When are you guys coming down again ? let us know ?Jim
You going to the Scamp camp in February?
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #10
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
For the previous 3 years the folks from north of the border were scarce in our area. I assume the economy was the cause.

Now that I am retired I intend to escape the summers here as much as possible.
I read elsewhere that there were new rules last year or the year before in regards to staying in the US 6 months or longer, had to do with health insurance. It was either their allowed time in the US was shortened or there is a higher cost for US insurance. Sounded like it turned off a lot of snowbirds.
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.