Cleaning the shower walls - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Cleaning the shower walls

I've searched this forum for some help and must not be using the right search words so I will ask - I need to know a brand of cleaner that is used to wash the shower walls. Also does anyone use any kind of wax/sealer? on the walls? I'm not certain if the shower stall/walls is the same fiberglass as in-home units. Is it?
MaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #2

It's gelcoat, similar to a one-piece in your home. We actually squeegee the shower every time we use it, and that works great. There is a spray cleaner/wax product made for fiberglass that I've used and like called "Gel Gloss". I'd recommend that. I think some people even use it on the exterior.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
It's gelcoat, similar to a one-piece in your home. We actually squeegee the shower every time we use it, and that works great. There is a spray cleaner/wax product made for fiberglass that I've used and like called "Gel Gloss". I'd recommend that. I think some people even use it on the exterior.
I just give it a quick wipe down with a chamois cloth. Gel Gloss is a great recommendation, and one suggested by the maker of most showers and tubs for your home.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Scrub Free once in a while. Squeegee after use, dry with a towel except the toilet where we use a paper towel. have not waxed or sealed it but I like the idea, think I'll suggest it to Deb.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #5

Thank you for suggesting Scrub Free and Gel Gloss. I squeegee down after showers, but like the idea of using a chamois cloth to wipe the shower walls down. There are nooks that are smaller than the squeegee and I struggle to get the water out - area between toilet and wall of trailer. Paper towel to wipe down toilet, done that. I'd be lost without paper towels
Old 09-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape
Gel Gloss: read the warning label. You might want to wear a hazmat suit while using it.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Cleaning the shower walls

We use the same product (Nu Finish) on the shower walls every spring when we do the outside of our trailer.
Seems to work well and the water beads up and runs off the walls, still do a quick squeegee thought after showers. Word of caution the floor will be slippery in socks as it would be with any other sealer/wax etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3915.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	33965
Old 09-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
Gel Gloss: read the warning label. You might want to wear a hazmat suit while using it.

I read a review of this product on Amazon ... scary stuff.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
We use the same product (Nu Finish) on the shower walls every spring when we do the outside of our trailer.
Seems to work well and the water beads up and runs off the walls, still do a quick squeegee thought after showers. Word of caution the floor will be slippery in socks as it would be with any other sealer/wax etc.

Attachment 33965

Never thought of using this, but sounds like a good idea. I want something that will bead up the water.