In the past year I've put about an equal number of thousands of miles on my Escape 19 and several types of Cruise America motor homes. It became inevitable that I started comparing the things I liked and disliked with the trailer and the motor home.
This may not be strictly an apple and apple comparison and other's views may differ but here's a few comparisons and observations I've made.
1. Windows. I really like being able to sit at the dinette and see what's outside without having to crane my neck. Gotta give CA a point for this one.
2. Bed. OMG, excruciatingly, horrible, torture rack for the CA. Half the bed on the compact unit is a fill-in piece. It's 3/4" plywood with, once upon a time, about an inch of foam. I could squeeze the foam and feel the wood underneath. Compared to the thick mattress in the Escape, 10,000 points to Escape
3. Sunken stove in the CA. I like this stove. Having it level with the counter top and having a tempered glass lid for work area makes a lot of sense. If I was ordering again this would be my choice. Another point for CA.
4. Sink. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. The sink in the CA is so large it takes away precious counter top and would likely contribute to wasting water. Another point for Escape.
5. Fridge. I had to ask myself, if this label was on an appliance in a store, would anyone buy it?
6. Furnace. The label doesn't reflect my experience and begs the question why do they even bother installing them if they're basically telling people to go to an RV park and plug in?
All in all, makes me appreciate my Escape, except for the big window, sigh