It's all mine and I love it!!! - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #51

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 F250 Crewcab
Hi Ellen!
It's been quite a while since I've been on the forum to read or post. Was so glad to see this thread and we are thrilled for you! I remember when we met you for breakfast I believe the last day in August, on our way out to ETI to pick up our 5.0 TA.
I believe we have 2 switches besides the porch light that we added as options and I almost want to say we read about them on the forum. I don't believe when we ordered that they were on an options list but I could be wrong!
I like the idea of your little light. I have a puck light that I use for the wardrobe cupboard that we use with 4 shelves instead of a hanging rod. (The overhead light would have needed to be 2' over in order to see in.)
Love reading all about your adventures! And hopefully we will meet on the road. We are still on the road... Currently in Oklahoma and will be heading down to Florida. First to Niceville and then to the Ocala area before heading up to North Carolina, Then New Jersey before heading home to New Hamshire.
We've loved every minute of it.
It's true that everyone camps differently. We have yet to take much advantage of our solar and inverter, but it's just our first time out. We've used it a little bit though.
Safe travels my friend! Get the wifi when you can! That's my biggest demon... Not having wifi often enough! The campgrounds offer wifi, but it's never been very useful. Certainly not enough to post photos. YMMV
HAPPY TRAILS!
Lucy

Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:16 PM   #52

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Congratulations! Reading all of your posts really creates an excitement for anyone getting ready to pick up theirs! (We have a Jan, 2016 pick up date for our 21). Your 17B sounds perfect for you! Your options will work great for you and your research paid off. I wish you many years of fun and safe traveling. Maybe some day, we will cross paths!

2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #53

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Thanks, Donna. The night lights are just what I've been looking for, and I immediately ordered a pair. You have such great ideas. Thanks for sharing...
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Those look very cool, thanks Donna!
Speaking of middle-of-the-night trips, I arrived at Camano Island State Park and though my site is awesome, it was very difficult to back in. After maneuvering for 20 minutes, just stopped and decided that was it. After unhooking, noticed how un-level I was. Decided to just go for it. Last night, for my first middleof-the-night trip, got out of bed and almost ran down to the dinette. That's an exaggeration, but I can really feel the slope!
Step by step, day by day, little by little . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ellen, I'm not certain about your layout and plugs and while I have all three switches at the door jam, one of the best things I've purchased is a day/night red LED light that I plugged in right at the door. It doesn't blind me and is on when I need to make one of those middle-of-the-night trips. Maybe that would work for you too?
Old 10-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #55

Lovin' all these ideas, thanks Lorrie.
And you are, like, totally awesome, fer sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
At costco you can get those portable stick-on puck lights that come with a remote control and remote holder. I stuck the remote by the front door and with a press of the on button, it turns on the puck light that it under the cabinet. Super inexpensive and might work until you wire in another switch? Glad you are loving your 17B, they are TOTALLY awesome!!
Old 10-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #56

That's sounds just about perfect, Loren!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
I don't know how much switch placement varies from model to model, but our 21 has 2 switches inside the door. One for the entry light and one for the light on the left side of the trailer which is nice when hooking up services in the dark. This light is below the center band and I have never heard of anyone else mentioning it. Loren
Old 10-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #57

Hi Lucy!!!

Happy you were able to get back on the Forum. Tough to catch up when you're not able to have wifi!!! I'm hoping to use my new iphone (which I haven't been able to locate yet--darn Apple) as a hot spot in order to have wifi in the Escape. We shall see. In the meantime, Starbucks is great--fast wifi, a cup o' tea and I can sit here to my heart's content.

Yes, it was so great to meet you guys in Cleveland and do look forward to the time we can meet on the road! I just sent you an email with a lot of catch up.

Happy Trails back to you guys!
ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Hi Ellen!
It's been quite a while since I've been on the forum to read or post. Was so glad to see this thread and we are thrilled for you! I remember when we met you for breakfast I believe the last day in August, on our way out to ETI to pick up our 5.0 TA.
I believe we have 2 switches besides the porch light that we added as options and I almost want to say we read about them on the forum. I don't believe when we ordered that they were on an options list but I could be wrong!
I like the idea of your little light. I have a puck light that I use for the wardrobe cupboard that we use with 4 shelves instead of a hanging rod. (The overhead light would have needed to be 2' over in order to see in.)
Love reading all about your adventures! And hopefully we will meet on the road. We are still on the road... Currently in Oklahoma and will be heading down to Florida. First to Niceville and then to the Ocala area before heading up to North Carolina, Then New Jersey before heading home to New Hamshire.
We've loved every minute of it.
It's true that everyone camps differently. We have yet to take much advantage of our solar and inverter, but it's just our first time out. We've used it a little bit though.
Safe travels my friend! Get the wifi when you can! That's my biggest demon... Not having wifi often enough! The campgrounds offer wifi, but it's never been very useful. Certainly not enough to post photos. YMMV
HAPPY TRAILS!
Lucy
Old 10-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #58

Thanks so much, Carla Jean! January is right around the corner!!! I'm excited for you!!!!
DO hope to cross paths one of these days!
Take good care,
ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
Congratulations! Reading all of your posts really creates an excitement for anyone getting ready to pick up theirs! (We have a Jan, 2016 pick up date for our 21). Your 17B sounds perfect for you! Your options will work great for you and your research paid off. I wish you many years of fun and safe traveling. Maybe some day, we will cross paths!
Old 10-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #59

For the record, I am so tired at looking at my avatar -- enough with the camera lens!!!
MUST replace that soon!!!