Orientation Sept. 9th - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I stayed at West Bay this past summer for 5 nights. It's a nice city RV park. A bit pricey by campground standards, but pretty typical for serviced RV parks.

The sites aren't large, but the view is wonderful. You'll get herons all over the place, and I watched a family of river otters playing and hunting in the little bay right beside the park.

I recommend you spring for the sites with the better view. When I was there the park was full, so if you didn't have a water-side site there were only a couple of public areas where you could get to the water.

The picture is from a little ways along the walk towards Victoria, looking back at the park.

There is a little harbour taxi you can take over to Victoria proper, but it doesn't start running until mid-morning, and the last return is something like 8pm. So not very useful if you like to get out early or stay out late. The walk from West Bay to down town is about 5km one way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01-_MG_6701.jpg (85.6 KB, 12 views)

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2012 Nissan Frontier
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
It all depends what you like to do and what your needs are.
As for West Bay, I'd rather be anyplace else, but I need to be close to downtown. I get to sit at the trailer with the beagle while my wife welcomes her sister after a three-day charity bicycle ride and next day they attend the Viking show at the Royal BC Museum.
If you are spending your days and nights enjoying the brew pubs and restaurants and sights and experiences of downtown Victoria, then being able to take a 5 minute harbour ferry back to your trailer is a bonus.
Wish I could visit the brew pubs, but I'll be baby-sitting a beagle.

Just booked the ferry today one way. Two adults, over height vehicle ( the trailer ), 34' total length ( tow and 17' trailer ), plus $15 reservation fee comes to $191.80.

If I had a choice, I'd be heading for the interior of BC where the provincial parks also have trees.

If you use BC Ferry to go to Victoria, you might want to make a reservation.
This is the web site: http://www.bcferries.com/bcftravelcentre

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #13

I was staying in the RV park while my wife was staying at the Empress for a conference. Yeah, I'd rather be in a provincial campground than at West Bay, but I'd rather be at West Bay than in a downtown hotel with a bunch of conference attendees .

(I could have stayed with my wife, but it was actually no more expensive to stay at West Bay than to find a place to park truck and trailer near the Empress -- everything I found was about $20 per day per vehicle, and they counted truck and trailer as 2 vehicles)

After the conference we headed to Pacific Rim... That's a much nicer campground.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #14

btw, Victoria is a very dog-friendly town. You can take your beagle all over with you, including on the water taxis. Many establishments provide water bowls for dogs, and most seem to welcome them. Though I'd guess you'd be out of luck at a brew pub or any other eating establishment.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Wife Googled "dog friendly brew pubs". Not sure what she found, but it doesn't matter since the beagle is only good to walk a half block or so, and I'm not carrying her. I have enough trouble walking myself.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape 19' 2012 Tacoma 4x4 V6 DBLCB 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Wife Googled "dog friendly brew pubs". Not sure what she found, but it doesn't matter since the beagle is only good to walk a half block or so, and I'm not carrying her. I have enough trouble walking myself.
There is always this option gbaglo Sicuro Pet Carriers For Eldery People | Tuvie :-D :-D looks sturdy enough to use as a walker B-) .....,just kidding :-D

Cypher
Old 09-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #17

Trailer: ESCAPE 5.0TA in Sept 2014
SEPT 9TH orientation

Hello folks,
We have arrived in Bellingham and will be at ETI tomorrow 9th.I hope we have an opportunity to meet before you head off with your new RV …YAY.We have decided to stay at Bayview State Park fir 2-3 nights.Best wishes to you.
Ann
WHATARIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Check out everybodys.com; a great little country store a few minutes south of Sumas in Van Zandt. Cheese out of this world...favorite was coriander goat.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #19

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATARIDE View Post
Hello folks,
We have arrived in Bellingham and will be at ETI tomorrow 9th.I hope we have an opportunity to meet before you head off with your new RV …YAY.We have decided to stay at Bayview State Park fir 2-3 nights.Best wishes to you.
Ann

We stayed at Bay View SP our first night with the Escape! Really liked it....encountered some super friendly people and the park had nice facilities. Wish we could have stayed longer, but had to get on the road to make the trek home!
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #20

Trailer: ESCAPE 5.0TA in Sept 2014
It was a pleasant campground and the folks were ,as you said ,friendly.Getting to know our
Escape and will head out to Yellowstone today.Would recommend Bayview b/c it's close to all you need and a great breakfast place in Burlington "BILLYS".

WHATARIDE is offline   Reply With Quote