Dicor pedestal height - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2016, 01:00 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21
Dicor pedestal height

Does anyone have a Dicor pedestal table without a raised floor? And if you do have the Dicor pedestal without a raised floor what is the table height?
Thanks!

Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape
Cosmo Table Pedestal | Dicor Products | Official Website
Select specs.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Thank you for the link. According to this the pedestal height is 28 inches, our cushion height is 22 inches from the floor. 6 inches of clearance between the cushion and the table does not seem like enough. I know people with a skates have installed the pedestal tables. Do they all have a raised floor?
Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Rbryan posted this last year: SpringField Marine Pedestal - and a few more mods

Captmath in Post #59 says "Sorry. I missed this question. The table base is narrower than the Helm pedestal so I added a couple of 2x4 rails to raise the table and clear the locks. At some point they will get some paint." If you expand the picture you see the bottom of the table top and the angled piece is part of the slide platform.

Am wondering if those with the Springfield have the same issue of needing to shim the table upward as the max height is the same as Dicor- 28".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dicor.jpg (233.6 KB, 24 views)
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post

Captmath in Post #59 says "Sorry. I missed this question. The table base is narrower than the Helm pedestal so I added a couple of 2x4 rails to raise the table and clear the locks. At some point they will get some paint." If you expand the picture you see the bottom of the table top and the angled piece is part of the slide platform.

Am wondering if those with the Springfield have the same issue of needing to shim the table upward as the max height is the same as Dicor- 28".
No Ross the table top sits right on the aluminum plate of the pedestal .After install table top is 29 1/4 from floor to table . No blocks of wood needed . Pat
Patandlinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #6

Now am a little confused. You have the Springfield don't you Pat? Dick (captmath) just told me he used 2x3. Guess I will have to wait until the Dicor arrives next week to see how it works. Think I prefer it - though about $100 more than best price on Springfield as you don't need to clamp it for other than all the way up or down. Dicor on the other hand probably doesn't swivel. Ying/Yang.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Now am a little confused. You have the Springfield don't you Pat? Dick (captmath) just told me he used 2x3. Guess I will have to wait until the Dicor arrives next week to see how it works. Think I prefer it - though about $100 more than best price on Springfield as you don't need to clamp it for other than all the way up or down. Dicor on the other hand probably doesn't swivel. Ying/Yang.
Yes I have the Springflied . I will post a picture of installation . I think Gregg figured out the Dicor does not have the correct up and down span . I'll just post picture so you can see . Pat
Old 03-26-2016, 05:08 PM   #8

Quote:

First pic is from floor to table .down position . up all the way . Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0635.jpg (136.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0551 2.jpg (133.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0552 2.jpg (297.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0548.jpg (197.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #9

Quote:

Ross measurement is from Floor to table . It doesn't matter if on platform or flat floor . I used Escape"s side to side and if I turn table around it will go back to front . I cut my table down . Because I aded platform only needed to add a higher ledge because of platform . Without platform the table would still operate as it does now. Hope this helps . Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0549.jpg (186.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0550.jpg (199.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-26-2016, 05:23 PM   #10

Pat- looks like you have your seat cushions resting on something to make it higher? What is the normal height from floor to top of cushions for a 19? I think it may be less than the 21trailer or 5.0TA which is 22". That may account for the difference in installation. So far I haven't seen any comments from anyone except Captmath explaining their install(his was with the Dicor).

I've never been fond of the stock plastic slide after our table tumbled off on I-40 during a detour during a construction project near Kingman. It broke the rails and Tammy sent me more(at no cost) and a stop screw that was missing. I made my own turn-key that goes into a fitting I planted into the bottom of the table top but it just seems funky. That is what is driving me towards the Dicor primarily. Wonder if you could use the four way Dicor slide on the Springfield.

Tags
dinette, pedestal, table