Frugal build sheet/disabled user questions - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2016, 06:30 PM   #71

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
I would suggest not using the sink as a grab bar. Mine does not seem strong enough to support any serious weight, and I would hate to break it off of the wall by pulling on it.
Couldn't agree more, but that was a previous suggestion and the sink is a natural object to grab as an aid. So that's why I suggested a proper grab bar through bolted into the framing.

Ron

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #72

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Couldn't agree more, but that was a previous suggestion and the sink is a natural object to grab as an aid. So that's why I suggested a proper grab bar through bolted into the framing.

Ron
Good thought though Ron . They could add a wider piece of wood under the existing framing sometimes instead of straight handicap grab bar ,it works good to slant it a little . After installing for others thought maybe I should too in my baths while I could at home actually use them all the time . Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #73

Trailer: 19' Escape- 2016 -(NEW 2017 model)
All good suggestions, and photos. Visuals really help! Thank you Ron and Pat, for all you you posted and explained.

Now I will know what to ask ETI to do as far as the grab bars... What's safe versus not, and practical. Ditto for the hooks.

Yes, Ron, DH and I have been quite handy. But now that we're older, and DH is still working full-time, of course comes the time benefit versus cost factor

I made quite a few beautiful bookshelves with routing in my day... Along with frames etc.
So yes, if need be, we can make all sorts of shelves and flip downs. Seeing yours gave us some wonderful ideas, so thank you!

Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote