Kitchen Side Wheel Well Cabinet Completion - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Great project Mark, it has me doing some planning now too, though I don't have the moulded V between the wheels.

Why did you feel the need for the tin? Wouldn't the fiberglass itself be good enough to put the insulation on?
Hi Jim ,
Yes I do think that you will need the sheet metal on the wheel wells. installing the sheet metal was really very easy to do once I came up with a game plan. I am adding another picture help you see how I installed the sheet metal in two steps. The back plywood board has a strip of sheet metal nailed to it. The second piece of sheet metal was nailed to the front plywood board and than pop rivet to the back plywood piece wood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (137.1 KB, 46 views)

Mark & Karen Van Tiem 2014 Escape 19 sold, Now a Bigfoot 25B21FB Travel Trailer
markvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:38 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 19'
Hi Mark

Very nice modification to that area. I am thinking of using the 'V' area between wheel humps for canned goods storage. Using plexiglass strips and writing the can contents on the lids so it can be read easily. They couldn't roll around!!

RV Fridge Fan | Cooling Unit Fan | 12V RV Fridge Fan | RV Fridge Defrost

Check out this frig fan controller and temp monitor. 'Paul' the owner has it figured out. He recommends a fan for sale on his site and it works sweet. Send an email to him and he'll call you back.

I installed the set on ours but haven't tested it in hot weather yet. I did make a heat chamber to try and cook the boiler ... His unit protected it as advertised. Being able to monitor the temps etc. helps you optimize and troublshoot the cooling unit.

Full disclosure ... My cooling unit has been rebuilt too but I am awaiting a part to finish testing.

Mel

Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
Hi Mark

Very nice modification to that area. I am thinking of using the 'V' area between wheel humps for canned goods storage. Using plexiglass strips and writing the can contents on the lids so it can be read easily. They couldn't roll around!!

RV Fridge Fan | Cooling Unit Fan | 12V RV Fridge Fan | RV Fridge Defrost

Check out this frig fan controller and temp monitor. 'Paul' the owner has it figured out. He recommends a fan for sale on his site and it works sweet. Send an email to him and he'll call you back.

I installed the set on ours but haven't tested it in hot weather yet. I did make a heat chamber to try and cook the boiler ... His unit protected it as advertised. Being able to monitor the temps etc. helps you optimize and troublshoot the cooling unit.

Full disclosure ... My cooling unit has been rebuilt too but I am awaiting a part to finish testing.

Mel
Hi Mel,
Thanks for the link I just started to digest the information that's on the website. I am still not sure what direction I want to go with.
Mark

Mark & Karen Van Tiem 2014 Escape 19 sold, Now a Bigfoot 25B21FB Travel Trailer
markvt is offline   Reply With Quote