"Sarandipity" is finally finished! - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Old 01-20-2016, 07:35 PM   #31
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
How did you paint the vinyl?

I am curious -- how did you get the vinyl painted that nice robin egg blue? I didn't think it could be painted. And I really like the countertops.

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:42 PM   #32
Trailer: None yet...Dreaming of an Escape!
Hi, Sara,

Wow! You did an awesome job on your renovation! It is absolutely beautiful! Every inch of useable space has been repurposed very creatively. I love your paint color choices. I hope you are feeling better soon and will be able to enjoy your egg in the wild! Sending you positive, healing thoughts. :-)

A 17B is in my Dreams.
Winelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #33
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I fail to see any drain in the "bowl" sink, does this mean it is really just a bowl? Better views in the link provided....
never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #34
Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Your artistic capabilities which include your trailer, your photography and your writing abilities are stunning! Congratulations on all your accomplishments, milestones and Serendipity!

Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.” –George Carlin
P&L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:18 AM   #35
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Oh my gosh Sara, your little home is beautiful! I love your creative use of the space too. Thank you for sharing and for sharing your personal journey with cancer, one of my favorite quotes reminded me of you and your amazing spirit:
'I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.'
Dalai Lama

All the best to you on your journey,
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:53 AM   #36
Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 F250 Crewcab
Beautiful trailer Sara!!! And I love your blog! You are amazing.... I hope our paths cross at some point!
Charlie & Lucy
"I can't complain... but sometimes I still do."
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #37
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose"
Beautiful Sara! Love the creative use of space for the desk and pantry. Yes, I'm a 17B owner who will be looking at the space and wondering how you did that, ha!

Best wishes and positive thoughts to you for getting your chemo and leukemia behind you soon for good. Hope to see you on the road some day. In fact, I'll be in my trailer in Green Valley in March! Would love to visit if you're in town.

May you have many wonderful adventures ahead!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #38
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Sara I love, love, love what you've done with your trailer! Thank you so very much with sharing this, and your blog. You are so strong and creative, you continue to amaze me in so many ways!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #39
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I was so captivated with your innovations I sent the link to my son. He, too, was impressed and had what I thought a great suggestion. Maybe the pantry door could be made a "Dutch door" to allow the upper half to be opened when the desk is in use. A couple of the upper shelves could be used for office supplies.

Again...a truly creative piece of work. And it's all yours!
Karen Hulford
2013 Escape 15A (April), "Egbert"
Ford 150 XLT 5.8L
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #40
Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B
Oh, wow, I'm smiling ear to ear after reading these comments. I was very excited to share the finished product with all of you. I thought about it often while doing the renovations because it felt like it would never be done. Especially with the set back of my illness. But, it was worth the wait. I also want to say thank you for the kind words regarding following my journey through my blog. It means more than you might realize.

@Maury&Julie - Congratulations on your new trailer and going full time in August. I'm excited for you. I should be getting on the road about that same time. I hope we run into each other.

@gabeck - the pantry is probably my favorite mod. I don't like grocery shopping so I know I'm going to love not having to make as many trips.

@Jim Bennett - Wow, May is coming soon. Congratulations! I bet you're excited. I'd love to help, LOL, but I think I've got my hands full at the moment.

@CA dreamin - Yes, the pantry needs a good lock. I'm working on finding one that works. I had to laugh at your second career idea. If you'd been around for the "in progress" work you might not have such confidence in me. Very slow going with way too many trips to Lowes. LOL I really appreciate the cheer leading!

@sleepy - The copper was my first idea and I'm very relieved it worked out as well as it did. Thank you!

@NW Cat Owner - Your comment cracked me up. I'll get my tickets printed up!

@Ruthe - thank you so much. That means a lot.

@LeonW - if we're not suppose to paint the walls, then I did so naively and it seems to be fine. I used a very good primer, then a water based semi-gloss paint. It was sprayed on using a spray paint gun. I'll let the group know if I have any problems down the road.

@WineLover - the colors were a bit scary but now I'm happy with how it came together. I can't wait to get out in the "wild". Love that!

@cpaharley2008 - good eye. The bowl sink hasn't been plumbed yet. I need a plumber to finish the job. The copper bowl has a hole that was drilled into the center basin but that was done after my pics were taken.

@P&L - I appreciate what you've said so much! I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a creative outlet. I guess it's my form of meditation and keeps me sane!

@Dave&Kathy - I love the Dalai Lama quote. So true.

@Nindy - Thanks! I'd love to meet up with you in March, but need to play it by ear. I start back up with my chemo - which is a daily, long process so I'm not sure how I'll be feeling. Can you message me when you get to town?

@Karen H - Great mod idea with the dutch door! Wish I had thought of that. Hmm... maybe down the road if I find I need it, I can have it done. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like it!

Thank you again, everyone!

My "Sarandipity Travels" Blog: http://sarandipitytravels.com/
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote