Where to mount the WeBoost cellular interior antenna on a 5.0? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Where to mount the WeBoost cellular interior antenna on a 5.0?

I'm having ETI pre-wire for the exterior antenna up into the passenger side overhead cabinet above the dinette down to a coax port near the bumper. I will be using a 25' telescoping pole with a directional exterior antenna. The coax cable on the pole will attach at the port mentioned above.

But where should I mount the interior antenna?

I'm thinking the interior antenna might fit above the cabinet door above the sink. Or perhaps on the cabinet just to the right of the entry door near the ceiling facing toward the rear. My build sheet is due Wed and it would be nice to prewire for the interior antenna as well.

Any thoughts?
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Is your inside antenna the "candy bar" style? If so we sometimes have to have our phones right next to it which us why our amp is mounted under a dinette bench and the ord comes up from the back bench in the U dinette. We drape it over the back cushion or over one of the shade tie-downs.
Attached Thumbnails
15479287963414075379620932829835.jpg  
Old 01-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #3

No, it is much bigger than that. It came with my RV65 kit. Here is a link to the interior antenna itself. https://www.weboost.com/products/311155

One of my concerns is that it is a directional antenna. So that it why I'm thinking that it should be mounted on the cabinet just inside the door facing aft. Then it would face the dinette where we would be using our devices most of the time.

Then again, if it is above the sink facing the bathroom, could it cover the whole trailer?
- Bremerton, WA
Old 01-19-2019, 03:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Spoke to a rep @ WeBoost- having been a dealer for them I know it is easy to get great input. Your inside antenna is used for buildings up to 2000 square ft. So distance to your phones or devices won't be an issue. Just don't mount it inside a cabinet.

Their # I use is 800 204-4104.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Your inside antenna is used for buildings up to 2000 square ft.

Their # I use is 800 204-4104.
Thanks Ross! That really helps. I guess that is why they recommend separating the indoor and outdoor antennas by at least 18 feet. That is also why I'm going with the 25' telescoping pole. I think the RV65 package is targeted for larger RV's than Escapes.

I think I will mount it above the sink then. The wire run will be easier and I can easily do it myself and save a custom wiring charge from ETI across the door.

I'm heading up there on Tuesday to bring the last of the equipment they are wiring in for me. I can double check the layout at that time. But thanks to you, I don't think I need to worry about coverage.

And thanks for the help line number!

Cheers!
- Bremerton, WA
Old 01-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019---21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
I'm having ETI pre-wire for the exterior antenna up into the passenger side overhead cabinet above the dinette down to a coax port near the bumper. I will be using a 25' telescoping pole with a directional exterior antenna. The coax cable on the pole will attach at the port mentioned above.

But where should I mount the interior antenna?

I'm thinking the interior antenna might fit above the cabinet door above the sink. Or perhaps on the cabinet just to the right of the entry door near the ceiling facing toward the rear. My build sheet is due Wed and it would be nice to prewire for the interior antenna as well.

Any thoughts?
What size was your port; I would like to run Coax for my Ham radio to the dinning area. And what was the cost ?
k4zvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4zvu View Post
What size was your port; I would like to run Coax for my Ham radio to the dinning area. And what was the cost ?
The COAX port is the standard one provided by ETI for the TV ready option during a build. $100 CN for the port and labor for custom wiring. My trailer is not built yet. This discussion was for my build sheet which is due Wed.
- Bremerton, WA