Originally Posted by padlin
From the 12volt side of life web site
If your RV has a standard converter, do not leave it plugged in constantly to keep your batteries up! That converter will boil your batteries DRY in a big hurry!
And, to quote from the Escape manual: "Your RV is equipped with a 120V to 12V DC converter, which will automatically switch the load from battery to converter when the RV is plugged into a 120V source.
Power is then supplied direct from the converter for use in your RV.
Included in the converter is a battery charge circuit, which is designed to recharge the RV battery and automatically shut off when the pre-set voltage is reached."
That said, my battery was plugged in all last winter with no ill effects. I should have checked the water level more often though.
So, the advice about "standard converter" doesn't apply.