I guess I'm off topic, since I have nothing to add about wood stoves or scotch bars, but thought I best report back.
Since we have a power bush, I fully charged the battery ( overnight ).
Then at 3pm I unplugged the AC and went on DC. Voltmeter read 13.14 twenty minutes after I unplugged. Nothing turned on except fridge on propane.
At 4pm I got 12.96. I turned on 2 LEDs and a Tungsten light, Sirius radio is plugged in, but not on. Fridge on propane.
At 5:10 pm voltmeter read 12.81.
At 11pm having had the furnace running, a couple LEDs and a tungsten fixture on all evening, got a voltmeter reading of 12.44. Trailer monitor reads "good". Turned off the tungsten light and voltmeter reads 12.58. Turned off remaining LED and got 12.60.
I conclude that the cheapo $12.99 75 watt inverter I had used to charge my MacBook is the cause of all grief.
Thanks all for your contributions.
When asked this afternoon, what I was doing, I said I was trouble-shooting, and pondering. Which, it appears, is not an unreasonable response.
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht