Inverter not working - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 09-21-2015, 02:40 PM   #21
Trailer: None
I would try disconnecting the 12 VDC feed /power to the inverters ,leave the power disconnected for 10 minutes ,reapply power and reset the inverter. I used to work on industrial electronics and many times the only way to reset a piece of equipment was to power down and allow the internal controls to reset to the default position.

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:04 PM   #22
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
Originally Posted by KirkB View Post
If you have a remote panel for the inverter, remove the network cable for the remote from the inverter and try it using the on/off switch on the inverter.

The on/off switch on the inverter should be in the OFF position for the remote to control the inverter.

When my inverter was new, it would not start for me once. After unplugging output and remote, and toggling the on/off switch, it started ok, and has worked fine ever since. Hope that is all it takes for yours.
Called Reace today and the problem was nothing more than not pushing the reset button right. We had the same trouble with the 19'. We knew it had to really be pushed in and we thought we had done that again and again but today when talking to Reace --- of course --- I pushed it and could immediately tell that it worked differently from all of the other tries. That simple.

Reace also said that there is a little green button that will light up in the middle of the outlet on the Samlex inverter. Well, just about impossible to see. Or impossible! Don't know if I saw it or not but the reset button was then "in" this time instead of sticking out, and that's all we needed, that and pushing it in with the inverter turned on, for anyone else who needs to do this. That is after pulling out the GFCI plug on the inverter. This was done with the idea that we had tripped the inverter's GFCI when using it. Don't know how we did that though so will have to pay attention the next times.

I happened to ask what you brought up --- why is the rocker switch on the inverter supposed to be off. And he said it is to use the remote display instead.

Anyway, as far as we see now, it is working and we will try using it again in the next couple of days. Thanks for the info, Kirk and all.

By the way, I asked him why the solar monitor has been moved to above the refrigerator. He did not give a reason. Just moved it.

Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote