Leakfest - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2018, 10:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
I'll probably fit an o-ring to the water pump. I did that to the other side and it has not leaked since.
That's what I did also. Strange that I've used these fittings on all sorts of things over the years and the trailer ones were the only ones that leaked and needed remedial action. Usually it's just tighten up and done.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:15 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Yes but that did not loosen the connection. I can move it with the tip of a finger but .no way i can move it enough to stop the leak. Tomorrow after i loosen the toilet I'll be able to fix it.

Blame it on the rolling earthquake loosening stuff.
Hi: wetzk... I'd put my money on your cavorting thru "Fancy Gap" as the culprit. I'm sure you of all people can put a "Clamp" on it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040800.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Just fittings that became loose. The only one that has come loose again is the water pump fitting. It was just weeping and a small twist stopped it.
The others are new. I'll probably fit an o-ring to the water pump. I did that to the other side and it has not leaked since.
Hi: wetzk... Just wait till your "Olives" start to leak!!! Alf
Old 10-15-2018, 05:32 AM   #24

Newtons theory!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Ken
You are right about that. Explosions, fire, hot iron were all part of chemistry and shop classes back in the day. We won’t get into the extracurricular activities that involved a bolt, car antenna and crudely carved frame and a box of rubber bands. Zip A dee doo dah.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... In my day cannon shots were far more simple. A piece of pipe rammed into the embankment, a cherry bomb lit and held in the opening, let the wick burn down low, then let go and stick a "D" cell in the pipe!!! Fire 'em right across the river and observe Newtons theory. Alf
Old 10-15-2018, 05:46 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I remember in high school electric shop class the teacher inadvertently shocked himself in front of class and was locked holding the wires until someone knocked him down to break the circuit.....never forgot that. He was ok, but shaken. I had electric, wood, auto and metal shop while in high school. Most of the things learned there have stayed with me throughout life.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I remember in high school electric shop class the teacher inadvertently shocked himself in front of class and was locked holding the wires until someone knocked him down to break the circuit.....never forgot that. He was ok, but shaken. I had electric, wood, auto and metal shop while in high school. Most of the things learned there have stayed with me throughout life.
Hi: cpaharley2008... His number wasn't up yet!!! Shocking experience. Back to wetzk's dripping saga... Alf
Old 10-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Sorry to hear you're having the leaking issues and I look forward to meeting everyone later this week in Limestone TN. I read all the things on this forum and just hope I'm smart enough to figure all this out when it's my turn to deal with them. Enjoy the camping, cooler weather and see you soon enough.

Safe travels to all,
Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:35 AM   #28

Trailer: None now
Leakfest is all fixed. Loosened the toilet just enough to tilt it slightly and tightened the connection.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:41 AM   #29

Quote:
Leakfest is all fixed. Loosened the toilet just enough to tilt it slightly and tightened the connection.
Hi: wetzk... I hear thru the grape vine there's a demand for leak fixers in DC. Now you could apply!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Leak Erie
Old 10-15-2018, 07:31 PM   #30

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Friend of mine was killed that way. He was working secondary 120/240 without gloves as quite a few others had. Myself included. Rest of the crew found him slumped over and had to knock him free as he was locked on. Efforts to revive him failed. Needless to say I wore gloves from then on.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote