making the bed in a 19' Escape - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 F250 Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Anybody looking for a solution to the camper sleeping dilemma, should check out wiggy's.com and the slumber bag. Comfortable to 40*, machine washable and dry able, 84"X36" (long and wide) and can be zipped together for coziness. It is warm, but not too warm, cool, but not too cool, clean and neat. We love it for our Escape 21. Shake it out, roll it up, spread it out, it always looks and performs well.....$80.00 each
Thanks Steve and Debbie. Have you washed it a lot since you have it? Do you suggest sheets on the inside or is the material comfortable as is? What was your warmest and coldest temperatures you used it with?

I love the idea of this bag, especially that you can zip two of the together! Having gone on 2 very long trips so far with our 5.0 TA (9 weeks with our inaugural trip in the fall and 8 weeks this spring into early summer), and having to make the bed and wash sheets and put back on several times each trip, I am seriously thinking of trying this slumber bag x 2. I can make a cover for the mattress and leave it on.

I was seriously thinking about the one that Kountrykamper shared, but this one sounds a lot easier to deal with. Plus if it actually is not too hot and not too cold it will be ideal!
Lucy

Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
I like the idea of the RV Superbag, and the Travasak. I just don't like the price.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Good thing that I tuned into this thread or I may never have found out that there are issues making the bed in my 19'.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:58 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
We just use two sleeping bags zipped together to make a double bed. One is a 3 lb. bag and the other a 5 lb. bag. If it's cold, the 5 lb. bag is the top.
No need for sheets. The bags go in the washer and dryer ( one bag at a time ).

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Thanks Steve and Debbie. Have you washed it a lot since you have it? Do you suggest sheets on the inside or is the material comfortable as is? What was your warmest and coldest temperatures you used it with?

I love the idea of this bag, especially that you can zip two of the together! Having gone on 2 very long trips so far with our 5.0 TA (9 weeks with our inaugural trip in the fall and 8 weeks this spring into early summer), and having to make the bed and wash sheets and put back on several times each trip, I am seriously thinking of trying this slumber bag x 2. I can make a cover for the mattress and leave it on.

I was seriously thinking about the one that Kountrykamper shared, but this one sounds a lot easier to deal with. Plus if it actually is not too hot and not too cold it will be ideal!
Lucy
Yes, we have to wash the sheets, umpteenth time on this trip, but I bought new beautiful pale blue sheets for the 21'. It is so nice to put them back on that I don't mind! Have them in the dryer right now.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I like the idea of the RV Superbag, and the Travasak. I just don't like the price.
Many do like the idea of them, and using them. It certainly isn't for me. I use a sleeping bag when backcountry camping, and unless it is winter, I always open it up fully and use it as a blanket, as I do have a down filled air mattress below me. I hate not being able to stick my feet out the end. I know, I am weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Good thing that I tuned into this thread or I may never have found out that there are issues making the bed in my 19'.
I know, eh. We never really had any problems in our 19 either.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I hate not being able to stick my feet out the end. I know, I am weird. .
I am the same way. But you are weird anyway.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:06 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
But you are weird anyway.
Thanks you for the words of acceptance.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #29

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post

Lucy
Hi Lucy, We have washed and dried it only twice, but it comes out perfect. Wiggy says he washes his after every use and he has washed and dried it hundreds of times. They are very well made in Colorado and have heavy duty zippers. The inside is nylon-like, but softer and more comfortable. They sell liners for the individual bags, but not sure if they have a larger one for two bags zipped together. If we decide we need a liner, we will probably sew our own.
They are rated to 40*, but the coolest we have used it is low 50's. The warmest was mid 60's. The zipper works great for temp control. I am tall(6'4") and the length and width is roomy.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:20 AM   #30

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Making the queen sized bed is difficult ... We need a digital thermostat for the furnace ... Our air conditioner is too noisy ... We misplace the remote for our Max fan ... I needed to cut holes in the bathroom door so the heated air would balance the temperature while I take a hot shower ... and, it takes just a little too long for the Chardonay to chill in the fridge. Boy, if I knew that camping was going to be so tough, I would have been better off using the money spent on my trailer to rent hotel rooms, huh? Should have done more research.

Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote