Two unrelated questions. What kind of Jack and green crap in fresh water tank hose - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2017, 12:12 AM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologals View Post
Also, it appears that there are "black bands" holding the tubing in place on the valve. What the kind of fastener are those and can you use a different fastener?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
... Escape may have used crimp rings intended for PEX tubing. There's no need to use those (and they're not intended for this type of tubing anyway); you can just use common gear clamps.
A photo just posted by LarryandLiz shows this winterizing valve (white) and tubing (clear) in their trailer:

Their trailer has the style of gear clamps which would normally be used with this type of tubing.

Brian B-P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:56 AM   #12

Trailer: Excited new owner of a gently broken in 2016 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
A photo just posted by LarryandLiz shows this winterizing valve (white) and tubing (clear) in their trailer:

Their trailer has the style of gear clamps which would normally be used with this type of tubing.

Thank you! There was only one of this type of clamp used, which is how I was able to disconnect it. The other cosmos are in place and not moving. Im going to have to try to cut them off or buy another winterizing valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yologals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Ooooh, so the Winterizing T-Valve can be installed using regular hose clamps. That's good to know. The pic I scooped earlier, shows the hose affixed using what looks like Pex fasteners, that's why I've delayed adding the valve. I'll go ahead and use the hand pump this year, but add this valve to the mod list.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 - Salish "See"
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologals View Post
Thank you! There was only one of this type of clamp used, which is how I was able to disconnect it. The other cosmos are in place and not moving. Im going to have to try to cut them off or buy another winterizing valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pex clamp rings are made of copper and can be cut with an oscillating multi-tool using a metal cutting blade. Be sure to secure the valve with a clamp against a board or some such so it is stable for the cut. Otherwise the oscillating tool will just vibrate the material rather than cut it. Since the hose will be replaced, it is ok to cut a bit into it but be careful not to cut through the hose and score the valve fitting itself or the new hose may leak.

Good Luck!
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Since the hose will be replaced, it is ok to cut a bit into it but be careful not to cut through the hose and score the valve fitting itself or the new hose may leak.
There are times when the hose does have to be re-used. I use the same technique for ring removal regardless of whether I'm re-using the hose or not. I use a hand held hacksaw blade and I make my cut diagonally across the ring. Seems like it gives more control on the depth of cut that way.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
A dremel tool works great to carefully cut of off PEX clamps. I've also use a short hacksaw blade like Ron. If you don't want to spend the $$ on the big PEX clamp ring tool, there is a different type of PEX clamps that uses a very inexpensive tool and seems to hold just as well. (See below)

Donna, I used the winterizing T valve in our new 21 that I've never had before - fastest I have ever winterized. On the 21 it took a little more than 1 gallon with the longer runs and I like to just run plenty so that the drains are done at the same time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31oOMRmyZWL.jpg (8.9 KB, 5 views)

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:41 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post

Donna, I used the winterizing T valve in our new 21 that I've never had before - fastest I have ever winterized. On the 21 it took a little more than 1 gallon with the longer runs and I like to just run plenty so that the drains are done at the same time.
Thanks Eric! Sigh. I'm not certain the Winterizing T-Valve was even available as an option when I bought (ordered) Ten Forward. IF it was, I wasn't paying attention. I do know the low level drains had just been discontinued. This will be the third year I've used the hand pump connected to the city water connection. It's NOT painful, just takes a bit of time as I run inside/outside. I'm not unhappy about what I need to do, just lazy... There's something about shoving a piece of tubing down inside a jug and turning on the water pump that sounds... glamorous? Or maybe it just... if it's raining... I could take care of everything while staying dry inside the trailer Next year!
Old 10-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Donna,
The E-Z winterization kit has been available long before Escape started offering it, here it is on amazon for $13
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-P...zing+valve+kit
Old 10-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Donna,
The E-Z winterization kit has been available long before Escape started offering it, here it is on amazon for $13
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-P...zing+valve+kit
Mighta been... but, an option from ETI? I didn't need the Winterizing T-value for my Scamp. It was so dang simple. No regrets getting something more involved. It's just time. And being retired, I have lots of that. I'm just LAZY. One of the benefits of no longer working for wages....

Got it on the "mod" schedule
Old 10-13-2017, 04:02 AM   #20
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I believe the option began in 2012 with Escape, I asked for and received one on my 2012 19'. That was also the first 19 to have a bath window, I believe.