Exterior shower replacement part - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2020, 06:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 Escape 5.0
Exterior shower replacement part

Does anyone know exactly which brand/model Escape used for the exterior shower? We have a 2009 5.0. I measured overall/outer dimensions and came up with 13-1/8” x 8-1/4”. I really only need a replacement door but tried ordering what I thought was a standard size door but it came in too big. I ordered from Amazon - Dura Faucet DF-SA170D-WT RV Didn’t fit and have to return.

I then was going to look into replacing the whole unit but again what I’m finding online is slightly bigger in overall dimensions. I’m seeing them at min 13-1/2” as the smallest which is bigger than what we have installed.
If I get one slightly bigger at the 13-1/2”, will the holes for the rivets still match up? I definitely do not want to drill any new holes. [emoji58]
shark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:53 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Did you measure the opening before ordering? Knowing the opening measurement should eliminate ordering the wrong one. Why not post here and lets see what we can come up with....if no door then perhaps the entire assembly, hint, if the door failed, perhaps other items are about to fail.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:55 PM   #3

I have a new unused old style shower assembly someplace in the garage. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Did you measure the opening before ordering? Knowing the opening measurement should eliminate ordering the wrong one. Why not post here and lets see what we can come up with....if no door then perhaps the entire assembly, hint, if the door failed, perhaps other items are about to fail.

I didn’t want to remove the complete shower assembly without knowing for sure I could actually replace it without creating new holes or what not. We really don’t use it much and right now we have zip ties holding the shower head to the unit so it doesn’t hang. It’s purely an eye sore for the most part which is why I really wanted to just get a new door for it. I guess going from the inside I could take a measurement of the cutout? I haven’t done that...yet
Old 06-18-2020, 09:56 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark8 View Post
Does anyone know exactly which brand/model Escape used for the exterior shower? We have a 2009 5.0. I measured overall/outer dimensions and came up with 13-1/8” x 8-1/4”. I really only need a replacement door but tried ordering what I thought was a standard size door but it came in too big. I ordered from Amazon - Dura Faucet DF-SA170D-WT RV Didn’t fit and have to return.
shark8: I am almost 100% certain Escape originally used a Phoenix exterior shower. We have one on our 2010. This should be the door you need:
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../PF267001.html
Old 06-19-2020, 06:11 AM   #6

Quote:
I didn’t want to remove the complete shower assembly without knowing for sure I could actually replace it without creating new holes or what not. We really don’t use it much and right now we have zip ties holding the shower head to the unit so it doesn’t hang. It’s purely an eye sore for the most part which is why I really wanted to just get a new door for it. I guess going from the inside I could take a measurement of the cutout? I haven’t done that...yet
A picture from the outside with dimensions on the outside would be helpful. As far as lining up holes, it may be possible, if not you may want to consider taking the unit someplace if uncomfortable with doing the replacement yourself. On edit, looking at the link provided by Dave mentions installation in minutes, So good luck. Thanks Dave.....
Old 06-19-2020, 07:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
shark8: I am almost 100% certain Escape originally used a Phoenix exterior shower. We have one on our 2010. This should be the door you need:
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../PF267001.html

Yes! I do believe this is the one! I’m going to go back and measure the fitting where the door goes to make sure but with the measurements this one provides, I believe it’s the winner. Thank you very much!!
Old 06-19-2020, 08:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes! I do believe this is the one! I’m going to go back and measure the fitting where the door goes to make sure but with the measurements this one provides, I believe it’s the winner. Thank you very much!!
No problem. Please report back when it fits properly so everyone with this older shower (including me) has a confirmation on the proper door replacement if we have the same issue.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
No problem. Please report back when it fits properly so everyone with this older shower (including me) has a confirmation on the proper door replacement if we have the same issue.

Good point and will do! I think I found the same one on amazon for $20.

Valterra PF267001 Shower Door https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016E9J5CE..._rKn7Eb9WQA978
Old 06-22-2020, 05:22 PM   #10

It’s a perfect fit! Thanks for steering me in the right direction rubicon327 I went ahead and ordered it from amazon since it was a bit cheaper than etrailer.com Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	47969
Old 06-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #11

Quote:
It’s a perfect fit! Thanks for steering me in the right direction rubicon327 I went ahead and ordered it from amazon since it was a bit cheaper than etrailer.com Attachment 47969
Thanks for following up.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:02 AM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Good you found the replacement.

At 10 years old, anything plastic, start looking for a replacement. Buy the whole unit and reseal it so its good for another 10.