Planned Trips in 2024? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-08-2024, 12:38 PM   #41

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Jim and Jean, I stayed in the Lyden KOA when I picked up my trailer. Very nice owner and not too far from home depot, etc. There's a "home made" ice cream shop there, Edaleen Dairy. Worth a stop.

In addition to the Westside rally in Bodega Bay, there's also a rally Oct 4-6 at Mt. Madonna Park near Gilroy, CA...they are close enough in time to easily attend both. Last year was my first at the Mt. Madonna--it was wonderful, nice people and very well organized without being regimented. Hope to meet you as I'm registered for both.

Bob, safe travels as you head northward....I'm excited to have a 23 in the "neighborhood".
Old 01-08-2024, 03:41 PM   #42

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
My wife and I are working. My wife plans to retire in 2026 but might take a phased retirement as early as this summer if she does not get a sabbatical from her university. She needs that to finish her last book. Me - I am planning to work while my wife still works, and retire when she does. Could do it sooner but nothing really driving it.

We just returned from a month long trip, in which we learned that Starlink goes a long way for me to be able to address my work needs while camping and hiking in free time. So, hoping to camp more. Looking for ideas for a 1 week - 8/9 days camping trip in March when my wife as the Spring break in her University. Need to look around for ideas that are not too far - so, Southern Utah, North NV area.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:53 PM   #43

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Jim and Jean, I stayed in the Lyden KOA when I picked up my trailer. Very nice owner and not too far from home depot, etc. There's a "home made" ice cream shop there, Edaleen Dairy. Worth a stop.

In addition to the Westside rally in Bodega Bay, there's also a rally Oct 4-6 at Mt. Madonna Park near Gilroy, CA...they are close enough in time to easily attend both. Last year was my first at the Mt. Madonna--it was wonderful, nice people and very well organized without being regimented. Hope to meet you as I'm registered for both.
BJ - Thanks for the "heads up" on the Lyden KOA, sound like a good option.
Not sure if we'll make the Mt Madonna rally this year, but hope to meet you at Westside park rally in September! (we'll be in site #42)
Jim & Jean
jjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 05:20 PM   #44

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
We also stayed at the Lynden KOA after we picked up our Escape in Sumas. We made a fast run from St. Louis and needed to make a fast run back.

This close location gave us a quick opportunity to try out all of the functions since it had full hook ups. Plus, it gave us an opportunity to unpack and repack for the fast trip back home.

Can't say anything negative about it. Nice spot.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 08:16 PM   #45

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
2024 Winter Sojourn

Click image for larger version

Name:	CrookedFiver165902175~3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	72373
Arrived yesterday at Crooked River SP, GA after a 3+ day drive down from Portland, ME. Dewinterized, shop for some supplies and organized the 5.0 TA. We are ready to begin our 2 month winter sojourn. We discovered this state park campground last year and met a group going to the Florida Egg Rally. Definitely a great place to start our snowbird tour. Here's our trip, many old favorites and a few new:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winter2024.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	72372
Old 01-10-2024, 06:24 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 19'
Smile Trips in 2024

I retired in 2015 after 52 years with Wa State Fish & Wildlife, US Coast Guard and Clallam County Sheriff's Office. We have an E19 that we dearly love. We have booked Ft. Flagler State Park (a wonderful park in WA State right on Puget Sound), will be booking Whidbey Island Naval Air Station and Pacific Beach (SW Washington), WA Naval Recreational Area next month. Still looking for another instate booking potentially at Salt Creek County Park on the Olympic Peninsula overlooking the Straits of Juan de Fuca and Victoria, BC, Canada (another wonderful park) . After that it is a flip of the coin. Our E19 always draws comment from other's when we are camping and we have met so many people over coffee or an adult beverage and campfire because of our Escape. We love it and our E19 is our home away from home. Our 9 year old Parsons Jack Russel Terrier allows us full use of it during the summer months providing she can accompany us. Our camping buddies have 34' and 40' motorhomes. We always have dinner etc at their house so we don't have any clean up, Thank you Escape!! They come to our house for the campfire and smores.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 02:59 PM   #47

Trailer: 23' Escape 1st Edition ready for pick-up
We're hopefully doing our first 2024 camping trip on the way home from picking up our new Escape 23. We've moved back the pick up date from 1/4/24 several times, 1st because of the holiday closure at ETI, now twice due to winter storms. We're hoping to pick it up 1/22 with a forecasted week of above freezing weather. We're heading to Bay View SP not far from Burlington, WA so we can check out the camper's systems. We'll be full hook-ups the first night to be on city water to check that, then fill our tank and move to an off grid site to check out the solar and battery performance as solar/lithium is new to us. We'll stay as long as we're comfortable and having fun, then head home to the Olympic Peninsula, with possibly more camping in smaller campgrounds on the way home to keep checking out the camper.

We've got a later March trip planned to the tri-city area of Washington for a 1-day event then we will wander around that area of WA-OR with a camping friend checking out interesting sites/campgrounds. The rest of the year is not planned yet, likely more frequent in state camping trips.
cheryle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 03:32 PM   #48

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bristol5.0 View Post
Attachment 72373
Arrived yesterday at Crooked River SP, GA after a 3+ day drive down from Portland, ME. Dewinterized, shop for some supplies and organized the 5.0 TA. We are ready to begin our 2 month winter sojourn. We discovered this state park campground last year and met a group going to the Florida Egg Rally. Definitely a great place to start our snowbird tour. Here's our trip, many old favorites and a few new:
Attachment 72372
when are you going to be at Anastasia State Park?
Old 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM   #49

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
Cheryle,
Congratulations on your new E23! I also booked a couple of nights @ Bay View SP campground to check out our new E5.0 after we pick it up on 3/11. Looks like a nice park.
Jim
jjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 06:09 PM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
We're going to the Southwest (mostly Arizona) in April, but the 21C is staying home—we taking the train!

These days I'm most comfortable keeping driving miles down to 200 miles or so in a day, and not at night. So we figured taking 10+ days each way made no sense. And I'm a railfan, anyway.

We are going to the Spring Fling in NH in May, though.
Old 01-14-2024, 06:55 PM   #51

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19 F1
Retired at 64 and drove to Chilliwack that same week to pick up our 19 and took our time coming home. Haven’t missed work at all.

We’re leaving for Dallas for our granddaughters birthday in a couple of weeks and then working our way across the gulf coast to at least Panama City, then back north. 3 weeks total.

Will take a May trip and a fall trip. Destinations not set yet.
Dave Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 06:58 PM   #52

WA-OR camping meetup

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Splitting Lanes, what do you think of Beales Point? It's close to home so I've never camped there, but might just try it and take my kayak.

Iowa Dave, if you get west enough to be in California, I'd sure like to meet you two.

Only trip I have on the books currently is taking my granddaughter to whitewater guide school in May in Hood River, Oregon. If anyone has any recommendations of spots in that area for me to camp for the week, I'd love to hear them.

Well, I guess I do have reservations for the late fall gatherings at Bodega Bay and Mount Madonna, close enough in time and distance to go from one to the other. Sure enjoyed the nice folks at Mount Madonna last year.

Happy New Year to all the escape community!
How about trying for an early spring meetup somewhere been you and us? Been a long time since we camped together in our A-frames and would be great to do it in our Escapes.
Old 01-14-2024, 07:04 PM   #53

We stayed there before and made day trips to surrounding sites. Worked well for us. $10/night for ofseason full hook-ups can't be beat.
Old 01-14-2024, 07:27 PM   #54

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
when are you going to be at Anastasia State Park?
Jan 24-31.
bristol5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 04:14 AM   #55

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bristol5.0 View Post
Jan 24-31.
You'll enjoy it there ,nice park. I would stop by and say Hi, but I won't be back in town until Jan 31. Have fun!
Old 01-22-2024, 07:07 PM   #56

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
We booked 5 nights at Gulf State Park from 11/6-11/11 in Gulf Shore, AL.

The Frank Brown Songwriters' Festival starts on 11/7 thru 11/17.
https://www.frankbrownsongwriters.com

We went down in 2019 and had a blast. We stayed in a beach condo which was quite nice but we're excited to stay there in our Escape.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 09:51 PM   #57

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'm going to try for my at least one trip per month plan this year. First is close to home0 Ft. Casey. (That will span two months.) Then I'll hit an agility trial (pretty nice camping there) near Olympia, then the Ft. Casey Rally. May is still open although if my sister has moved to her new home I'm going to go boondock there. June has Camp Corgi on the washington coast and then another trial, July I have Ft. Ebey booked for the 4th (avoiding horrible closeup fireworks.) August near Oly again with the Cardigan Extravaganza! And September Rasar and if all works out, a cross country trip covering at least Sept and October and probably early November. So I just need December and May.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 11:00 PM   #58

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Well we have some around NW.

Going to Fort Casey end March then NOG ,down Oregon coast to Eugene across east up to Wenatchee then home.

Then Maryhill Ralley , up to BC Ralley, Curlew, conconully, home.

Fishing along the way.
ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 01:58 PM   #59

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We have a nearly 7000 km trip planned beginning May 15 for six-seven weeks. Booking Waterton NP (adjacent to Glacier NP) tomorrow. After Waterton on to Osoyoos for the rally, then on up the Okanagan to celebrate our 50th in a fancy resort. Next puttering through interior BC up to our son and family who moved to Prince Rupert last year - that's only 25 miles by water from the southern tip of Alaska. Then a long trip home with two more nationals parks planned.

Summer camping will be close to home then In September we plan to be at Thomson IL for the Mississippi River rendezvous.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 05:41 PM   #60

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Next puttering through interior BC up to our son and family who moved to Prince Rupert last year - that's only 25 miles by water from the southern tip of Alaska.
Hey Adrian

We did a similar trip the year we picked up our 5.0TA in Chilliwack. That whole interior of BC is so wonderful. PM me if you'd like some info for places we enjoyed.

If you're all the way to Prince Rupert anyway, have you considered the ferry to Haida Gwaii? The ferry is quite costly but the beauty of the island makes it well worth the trip. Crabbing on Agate Beach is a highlight.