Two New 5.0s In Transit - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2023, 04:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 E21C
Two New 5.0s In Transit

A semi truck and trailer with British Columbia license plates carrying two brand new 5.0s presumably from the factory to the Texas delivery point rolled into Newton KS for fuel today. For two of you waiting for your new 5.0s they should be there by this evening I would assume.

John
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5923.jpg  
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 04:58 PM   #2

Trailer: ‘Tranquility Base’. 2023 5.0.
How do they get these trailers off the flatbed? By hand?

Also not get the spare tire cover now, or is it taken off for transport?
BritCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 05:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Probably removed for transit but believe it or not some folks on the other side of the border actually don't want a spare tire cover with a maple leaf on it.

Which is why I now have spare spare tire covers.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 05:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
I like my maple leaf tire cover! The trailer with aluminum wheels looks so much better!
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 05:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritCanuck View Post
How do they get these trailers off the flatbed?
With a little help from a pair of temporary casters and a local-hire winch-truck, all expertly overseen by the skilled transporter driver who has much experience delivering Escape Trailers.

Denton, TX, 08-25-2021:
Attached Thumbnails
ESCAPE DELIVERY UNLOAD.jpg  
Old 09-06-2023, 05:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Wow, they both have a second roof mounted solar panel on them. But no underbody insulation.

I’m a big fan of my maple leaf wheel cover, but mines got a couple holes in it from mounting my bike on the rack wrong.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 06:47 PM   #7

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
A semi truck and trailer with British Columbia license plates carrying two brand new 5.0s presumably from the factory to the Texas delivery point rolled into Newton KS for fuel today. For two of you waiting for your new 5.0s they should be there by this evening I would assume.

John
Very interesting to see, but I'm curious to know how many bugs they will each arrive with? The rear most should arrive fairly bug free (?) - perhaps there's a slight transportation discount for relative cleanliness? Both might arrive with a latch or two damaged, possibly a busted hinge, or would ETI have wisely secured the cupboard doors for transport? Don't get me started on the working condition upon arrival of shore power...This enquiring mind (with too much time on hand apparently) would love to know...Cheers, Paul
Pauly D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 06:55 PM   #8

Trailer: ‘Tranquility Base’. 2023 5.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uthorns View Post
I like my maple leaf tire cover! The trailer with aluminum wheels looks so much better!
Yeah that’s why I ordered ours with the shiny rims. Nearly a 1000 bucks for something cosmetic but totally worth it.
BritCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 08:13 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
With a little help from a pair of temporary casters and a local-hire winch-truck, all expertly overseen by the skilled transporter driver who has much experience delivering Escape Trailers.

Denton, TX, 08-25-2021:
yup, yup... easy peasy'''
Old 09-07-2023, 06:52 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:

Denton, TX, 08-25-2021:
Very interesting. Thanks for the photos.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:24 AM   #11

Trailer: 2020 E21C
Quote:

Denton, TX, 08-25-2021:
I'm sure you're correct Centex one way or the other. The truck in my photo is not the same as in your photos.

John
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 11:56 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly D View Post
Very interesting to see, but I'm curious to know how many bugs they will each arrive with? The rear most should arrive fairly bug free (?) - perhaps there's a slight transportation discount for relative cleanliness? Both might arrive with a latch or two damaged, possibly a busted hinge, or would ETI have wisely secured the cupboard doors for transport? Don't get me started on the working condition upon arrival of shore power...This enquiring mind (with too much time on hand apparently) would love to know...Cheers, Paul
Hi: Pauly D... Bugs are a N/C option!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 09:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Pauly D... Bugs are a N/C option!!! Alf

Thank you, Alf. Indeed, I have already received many a free bug so far in our brief travels with our new 19, no option about it. I'm still learning the best ways of removing bugs so am finding advice on this forum very useful. After our return trip home from Chilliwack (about 2200 kms), removing the mini nightmare from the front of the trailer and awning arms and wheelwells was a few hours of labour. Good thing I love hard work and our new trailer.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:51 AM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly D View Post
Thank you, Alf. Indeed, I have already received many a free bug so far in our brief travels with our new 19, no option about it. I'm still learning the best ways of removing bugs so am finding advice on this forum very useful. After our return trip home from Chilliwack (about 2200 kms), removing the mini nightmare from the front of the trailer and awning arms and wheelwells was a few hours of labour. Good thing I love hard work and our new trailer.
Hi: Pauly D... Bugs certainly are a "Labor of love". If its easy I do it extremely well. If not it takes me a lot longer!!! I use a good wax/wash, soak and let stand then apply good old elbow grease and rub a dub dub. At present I'm trying to get all of the PEI red mud off. There's enough on there to plant potato's!!! I think I hear Stompin' Tom calling from beyond the pond. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:35 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
Wow, they both have a second roof mounted solar panel on them. But no underbody insulation.

I’m a big fan of my maple leaf wheel cover, but mines got a couple holes in it from mounting my bike on the rack wrong.
My wife is especially fond of the Maple leaf. And if I take it off, I’d darn well better put it back on perfectly straight.
GregWCIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 11:22 AM   #16

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
They're lighter too!
Camp@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 11:54 AM   #17

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
I like the maple leaf, too, but alas I've relocated my spare under the trailer to make room for the rear-mounted mini-split AC.

I definitely need to visit my local sign / decal shop to see if they can make me a maple leaf that'll stick to the similar 'Naugahyde' upholstery material cover yet to be sewn for the mini-split.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:49 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by uthorns View Post
Agree on both. The maple leaf is also a conversation starter. People think we are from Canada. When we tell them we are from New Mexico, they still think we are from another country!

May have to get me some aluminum rims someday. They do like nice.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 04:09 PM   #19

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
In 4 years I've only had one comment about the tire cover. He just thought it was a neat pic and didn't know it represented the Canadian flag. I got such a blank look when I attempted to explain, I don't think he knew where/what Canada is.

I don't know when the study of history and geography began it's decline here but it's amazing how little some know about either.

Saw a post a bit ago that someone thought Alaska was an island because of the way it was depicted on a map of the lower 48. That's just sad.
Old 09-14-2023, 04:32 PM   #20

Thumbs up

Canadians sometimes don’t know our own geography and history. A family member has cell service with unlimited national calls. We were therefore mystified when he returned from a trip to Nunavut and the phone bill showed long distance charges to and from Manitoba. When I called the phone company to enquire, the person seemed bemused. She said, “Well, Nunavut is another country isn’t it?” Her supervisor also didn’t know any better. After some explanation and teacherly protestation, the charges were eventually reversed. Cheers, Paul