Split water hose in bathroom - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #221

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 - 2016 GMC Canyon 4x4 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Stan,
Can you take a picture of these new awning tabs being replaced?
I wasn't paying close attention when he did these (was still talking to Casita guy), but all Reace did was remove the old ones and attach the new ones with Proflex. They're a bit longer and I think at a slightly steeper angle as compared to the original tabs - just a little insurance against the awning sagging while retracting and hooking under the guides with unfortunate consequences.
Attached Thumbnails
w-IMG_2283.JPG  

"It ain't what you don't know that hurts you - it's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” - S. Clemens
StanLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:05 AM   #222

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Please shut down this thread

Okay, moderators, this thread has wandered way off from what it originally was. My busted water hose. Which has since been fixed. ETI has since notified other owners in the same situation. Reace is in the process of fixing it.

Please shut down this thread from further posts. At least one other thread of mine was shut down when it wandered off from what it was originally about. I request the same of this one, as it has wandered way, way off from the original subject.

Thanks
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:10 AM   #223

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Okay, moderators, this thread has wandered way off from what it originally was. My busted water hose. Which has since been fixed. ETI has since notified other owners in the same situation. Reace is in the process of fixing it.

Please shut down this thread from further posts. At least one other thread of mine was shut down when it wandered off from what it was originally about. I request the same of this one, as it has wandered way, way off from the original subject.

Thanks
actually... I'd suggest to keep it open, now that it is back on track.

valuable info for future readers. :-)

john
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:12 AM   #224

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
At least one other thread of mine was shut down when it wandered off from what it was originally about.
Nobody owns a thread. If you love something, set it free.
Or something like that.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:19 AM   #225

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I'm not saying I "own" this thread. I did start it for a reason and it's gone way off track. Other threads have been shut down when requested to do so. Quite a few others probably should be shut down to further way off comments as well.

If folks want to keep track of Reace, start a different thread for that. If they want to know about the awning tab, start a different thread for that. If you want to talk about living in different parts of our countries, start a different thread on that. The last two topics have absolutely nothing to do with the busted water hose.

The issue of my busted water hose has been covered and problem has been solved. That was the only reason for my thread. To find out what was wrong and hopefully get it solved. It is. End of thread. Heck, it was deemed by a moderator to shut down the thread I started on the braking issue I was having. That problem was solved, so end of discussion.

PS, I'd probably request it of other threads if I read all of 'em, but I usually stop after they go way off track and never bother reading 'em again. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does that.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:26 AM   #226

So, here's the problem. You should probably start a new thread on posting etiquette, and send a PM to a moderator about closing the hoser thread.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:18 AM   #227
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
For what it's worth:

The For Sale threads are closed once the trailer is sold, usually.

The journal type threads are usually closed once the journey is completed.

But, threads about an issue or question (like this one that Laura was good enough to start, about a serious defect) usually take on a life of their own after the initial question or concern has been addressed. They either keep going if enough people are interested, or they just fade away.

Yes, by the time you get to the 3rd or 4th page, the topic may have drifted far away from the original question or issue, but that's not always a bad thing. This is a community, and like any community with people of different interests and personalities involved, the conversation can swing in lots of different directions.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule, except for maybe the exceptions I mentioned above. Most if not all of the threads I've started went off the rails at some point, but to me that is sometimes part of the fun, unless the posts are offensive or violate forum rules.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 01:53 AM   #228

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanLewis View Post
I wasn't paying close attention when he did these (was still talking to Casita guy), but all Reace did was remove the old ones and attach the new ones with Proflex. They're a bit longer and I think at a slightly steeper angle as compared to the original tabs - just a little insurance against the awning sagging while retracting and hooking under the guides with unfortunate consequences.
Brian B-P, just curious, somewhere in the past you mentioned you have a power awning on your rig, does it have the metal thingies coming out and down like these do??
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:57 AM   #229

When I was a moderator, I once attempted to unravel a thread and separate it into several separate threads. But, the conversation becomes so interwoven that it was impossible and the resulting threads made no sense.
It is not unlike discussing the price of carrots with the cashier and having the person next in line start to complain that Cheerios boxes are too large. Do you tell them to shut up and to go to another cashier?
Old 06-21-2017, 02:13 AM   #230
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
When I was a moderator, I once attempted to unravel a thread and separate it into several separate threads. But, the conversation becomes so interwoven that it was impossible and the resulting threads made no sense.
It is not unlike discussing the price of carrots with the cashier and having the person next in line start to complain that Cheerios boxes are too large. Do you tell them to shut up and to go to another cashier?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 02:42 AM   #231

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Theoretically, we are only supposed to be talking about Escapes. So there would not be threads with a lot of these comments, which are some of the most interesting comments made. After all, plumbing pipes and converters and hitches and dump valves can get pretty boring after a few years, or a few weeks. . A forum is for discussions, and discussions tend to go in various directions.

There are some people who put all kinds of personal remarks that have nothing to do with Escapes. Nobody is complaining about their lives being in there even though many people might not be interested in their personal lives. It is information that they want to give. Sometimes it may be of more value or interest than the answers to the OPs.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:48 AM   #232

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
While Escape trailers are the focus of the site, talk only about them was never the intent of this forum. It was started to focus support around Escape trailers, but was also intended for support in any form, mostly related to RV camping in general.

It would be a shame to shut down this thread. There has been lots of great discussion, both about the water line problem in the 21, how Reace and Escape stepped forward to remedy the situation, and further discussion loosely connected to this.

I have put this out there before, but will again. This is a community. Not really much different than the other communities we deal with in life. Conversations while sitting around a kitchen table or campfire with friends or family often drift. In fact, it is almost always the case (well, at least when I am involved). Just as in our individual communities we have varying personalities, and tend to align with those more like our own. While I love to learn, and most certainly have on this forum, I also love to share, which I try to do too. I also love interacting with folks, joking and ribbing, laughing with, having fun with (this is a good thing), and even sharing their pain. To try to start a new thread every time you want to portray some of these feelings and emotions would make for a logistical nightmare.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:53 AM   #233

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
I will say that all of this came up very late on June 6 and we were leaving Texas on June 8 to pick up our new 21' on June 12, so I was concerned about bringing a trailer home to Texas with this problem. On the phone with ETI driving through Colorado I was assured that the fix had been planned and that no trailer would leave ETI without being fixed, including ours. Sure enough, it was all done by our pickup Monday morning and Reace had already left on his trip that very morning. So I appreciate the way this has been handled- very graciously and professionally. I think it was fixed as we were driving, and I would never have known there had been any changes made by the way things appear.
There is still an issue with the refrigerator, but we will work on that with the help of ETI and also with thoughts from other owners. I do appreciate the forum for that.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:31 AM   #234

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
water fix

So Tammy got in touch and I will meet Reese North of Tampa on Sunday(25th) to fix my 21 . A question will he fix the awning mine works fine ?

He still has to go to Tenn,Virginia,Penn.,NY Michigan and ILL.and wants to be back by July 5th ?
I would like to thank the ETI crew and especially Reese for going beyond the call of duty for fixing this problem .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:03 AM   #235

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Jenny's post is an example of why I hope this thread stays open for now. Her new info gives us a timely heads-up. I'm guessing this thread will die a natural death once Rease completes his trip and returns to Chilliwack on or around July 5th.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #236

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
jennykatz

Hi guys and gals (jennykatz) was a name of one of my boats in Seattle named after my Daughter Jennifer Kathryn .I've use that call sign for most of my clubs or whatever . Sorry for confusion . I'm Jim from Naples Fl.
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #237

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Hi guys and gals (jennykatz) was a name of one of my boats in Seattle named after my Daughter Jennifer Kathryn .I've use that call sign for most of my clubs or whatever . Sorry for confusion . I'm Jim from Naples Fl.
Many of us know better Jim, but you should maybe add your name to your signature.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #238

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
If you read posts you are interested in or posts which may have information regarding the durability, maintenance, and overall operation of you trailer or
your tow vehicle, you can usually learn something of value. As Americans and Canadians we have the right to opinions, attitudes and the choice to read or not to read and to post or not to post. Read up on Voltaire and consider the censorship and penalties for disagreeing with the party line throughout the world. Hopefully it will make you more tolerant of your fellow man and woman. Or in the immortal words of Popeye " I yam what I yam and its all I can be". Life is too short to worry about trivialities. The first photo is of Zebra Swallowtails on a pile of horse
manure and they are happy to be there. The second is my question of the day for you. How many sunsets do you have left?
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2745.jpg   IMG_2869.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #239

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
As others have said, there are so many times a diamond is slipped into all the comments of a totally unrelated thread. I came to this forum after tent camping for 50 years. I have learned so much by reading this forum and appreciate everyone's comments and hope to add the things I have learned to help others. Threads may seem to die, and then come back for a short time. To request threads be killed would just add more unnecessary work to all the moderators do. (just my opinion)
Old 06-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #240

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
So Tammy got in touch and I will meet Reese North of Tampa on Sunday(25th) to fix my 21 . A question will he fix the awning mine works fine ?
The "fix" for the awning is preventative, so yes I imagine Reace will install the new ones on your trailer. All it really is is a longer guide tab.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote