Got to have the trailer towed. Now what? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
The ones we have witnessed, which is about 3 now, come in on a standard tow truck with the TV front end lifted but the rear wheels on the ground and the trailer still hooked up to the dead TV. Don't know if that is proper or not, but when you're in small town/rural that may just be standard practice. They seem to tow fine that way and the tow truck driver backs the whole deal right into the campsite then unhooks the trailer from the tv and off they go. Don't need 2 tow trucks when Billy Joe is on the job!

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:26 PM   #12

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
I got BCAA Premier RV Covers the tow and the trailer . Not cheap 152 bucks for 12 months.
@ $12.66 a month ....a bloody coffee cost $6.00
You never know .

Old 03-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Tow truck drivers with a reasonable amount of experience have encountered a multitude of challenges and if they are any good at all, they'll know what to do. Can't live your life on what ifs, carry a credit card and some cash, it will all work out, that's my theory anyway.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:05 PM   #14
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I hope I never have to use it, but I have AAA with a trailer option that is good for 100 miles of towing...
Didn't even think to ask for that....it would give us some peace of mind....going to AAA this week. Thanks
Old 03-07-2016, 10:30 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
[QUOTE=Iowa Dave;131300
Can't live your life on what ifs, carry a credit card and some cash, it will all work out, that's my theory anyway.
Dave[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the way I see it. I have BCAA coverage that will deal with the trailer but there's another issue beside that. I've been in plenty of areas far, far from any cell coverage so if a problem happened you'd still have to deal with it on your own.

You can try and mitigate problems but at the end of the day, things happen unpredictably and sometimes you just have to deal with it as best you can.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Tow truck drivers with a reasonable amount of experience have encountered a multitude of challenges and if they are any good at all, they'll know what to do. Can't live your life on what ifs, carry a credit card and some cash, it will all work out, that's my theory anyway.
Dave
My outlook too, Dave. Like most things, I much prefer to not worry, then deal with it however I need to when the time comes. Things always work out in the end.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:26 PM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
I broke down in a remote area of southern Utah once. An older fellow happened by and we agreed I was seriously broke. He drove to a phone, described my rig and problem to a garage owner he knew. They sent a tow truck. We disconnected the driveshaft and towed the car and fold down about 60 miles. Once there (Loa Utah), they figured out the problem, let us stay in their back yard, took us about 80 miles to rent a car where we saw the sights for three days, fixed the car and we got home on Sunday night as planned. There are great Americans and Canadians in this world and it will all work out and you'll cherish the experience if you learn to go with the flow
Dave

Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote