Northern Vancouver Island in November - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Old 10-27-2015, 02:04 AM   #11
Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B
Alder Bay Resort, if it's open, is beautiful with full service sites overlooking the ocean towards Alert Bay. Very clean showers and laundry room. Boat slips and launch. Been going there every summer for the last 12 years. Alder Bay Resort - Telegraph Cove, British Columbia

lorrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #12
Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Campground is a great place to stay on your way up North Island:
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park - BC Parks
and Bella Pacifica is nice in the Tofino area:
Bella Pacifica Campground | Tofino BC

J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #13
Trailer: 2016 21 Escape, 2002 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Originally Posted by maurerl View Post
I second (third?) Cluxewe, one of our favourite up-Island spots. If you don't need hookups, try to get (should be easy this time of year) for the very last site at the North end -- Straight on your one side, estuary on the other, and a nice walk along the spit. Last spring I was enchanted watching a grey wolf for about half hour criss-crossing the estuary -- magical!

I don't recall the name, maybe Bear River? a few km North of Campbell River, turn East, about 30 km along to a forest company campsite on the ocean. Rough road in. Near a fish farm research station, name escapes me.

We also like Buttle Lake in Strathcona, & another forest company site on an unnamed lake West of Hwy 19 & North of the hwy to Port Alice. Careful of logging trucks. The BC Backroads guide is your friend! More so than my memory!
Lotar & Wendy,
My wife and I hope to start exploring Vancouver Island when we get our 21. I looked for the BC Backroads guide you mentioned. I found this on Amazon.

Vancouver Island BC: Backroad Mapbook (Backroad Mapbook. Vancouver, Coast & Mountains): Russell Mussio, Wesley Mussio: 9781897225745: Books

Is this the same guide you were recommending?

(“You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.” ― Ogden Nash)
blue_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote