Our new 19ft. Escape: it's home and we love it! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #11

Re: Our new 19ft. Escape: it's home and we love it!

We ordered everything except a TV antenna. Options were a stove and oven, exterior porch lights on both sides and the front, extra tail lights, deep stainless sink and chrome high faucet, front fiberglass box.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 AM   #12

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp
what brand roof mount A/C is that. I like how small it is, looks like it could run off a 2000 size Generator which would be handy.
I asked Reace & Tammy about the A/C last summer:
The A/C currently being installed in the Escape trailers is a Dometic Penguin model 600312.331C, 11,000 BTUH, 115V, 60 Hz, 1 Ph. Recommended generator size is 2.5 KW.
You can see it in the Dometic brochure www.dometic.com/f0493afb-4b19-459b-9a70-a6532be76248.fodoc .

As for running it on the Honda EU2000, I wrote about this in a previous post titled "Honda EU2000i and Dometic Penguin A/C with SmartStart" http://escapeforum.org/index.php?topic=1282.0. I have since purchased the SmartStart module for US$382.50 and will be installing it on my trailer when I get it this spring.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #13

Nice unit! I really like the tongue box and dual propane in front.

But what is with the black spare tire cover... Is it the new standard equipment instead of the white with red maple leaf??
Is it available as an option for unpatriotic Canadians??

Gord
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #14

Trailer: 2004 Chinook Concourse (Molded fiberglass!)

Due to issues we had with previous white tire covers (tire black bleeding through, even if covered in plastic), we opted for the black. We really liked the white with red maple leaf, even though we are not Canadians. We do miss that! I am not sure if the black is standard now. You would have to check with Reace on that one.

Linda
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #15

Trailer: 2004 Chinook Concourse (Molded fiberglass!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp
what brand roof mount A/C is that. I like how small it is, looks like it could run off a 2000 size Generator which would be handy.
I don't do generators; I don't like the noise or the other pollution aspects. Guess there are propane versions that are cleaner burning (not as many PMs), but the noise is still an issue for me. I would not want to be camping in a quiet campground with a natural setting and have to listen to generators all around me! Just my personal preference. I would rather get by with less and enjoy the environment in the most natural state possible. I will probably offend some with this comment, but that is not my intent. Just like it quiet and I like clean air.

Linda

Old 02-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #16

I don't do generators; I don't like the noise or the other pollution aspects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Linda
Amen to that!! No radio, no television, no motorbikes, no outboard motor, avoid big RV crowded campgrounds.... Now that's camping

Gord
Old 02-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA

Hi: All...We live in an urban area of the county. We aren't allowed to have a brush fire due to smoke, but I can run a non catalytic gas powered chipper/shreader all day to grind up the yard waste. Go FIGURE!!!
No gens. for me either!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #18

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19

Add me to the list of people who dislike generators.

There is a time and a place for them however, and one of them is in the middle of an open field on the prairies on a stinking hot and humid summer day. I have the unfortunate addiction of flying radio controlled helicopters and after a number hours in the blazing sun, the ability to go and have a nap in an air conditioned trailer is almost a necessity. Beer would be the preferable solution but then that would be the end of flying for the day.

The other time I use my generator is if my trailer batteries go dead while I am dry camping. With the charger that I use, I can bring a pair of 6V GC batteries from dead to 80% charge in 2 hours. In cold weather, when we were using the furnace every night, I had to charge every 3 days with my old trailer. The new one may be able to go longer given that it has better insulation and windows. I plan to install solar panels eventually which should eliminate the need to run the generator for battery charging. The will allow me to leave it at home for camping trips.
The generator I use is the Honda EU2000i, which is arguably the quietest generator out there, in an effort to be as unobnoxious as possible.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #19

Congrtulations, Pete & Linda!
Enjoy your new Escape. We've only had ours out twice since new (winter set in). I love the new trailer smell

Having removed a bunch of hatches and covers has given me the opportunity to see the quality of the consturction up close and personal, and I am very impressed. Reace and Tammy have produced a great, well-made product.

Dave

p.s.: add me to the list of folks who dislike generators. Having said that, the little Hondas, used with discretion, are not on my hit list.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kroeker

The other time I use my generator is if my trailer batteries go dead while I am dry camping. With the charger that I use, I can bring a pair of 6V GC batteries from dead to 80% charge in 2 hours. In cold weather, when we were using the furnace every night, I had to charge every 3 days with my old trailer. The new one may be able to go longer given that it has better insulation and windows.... The generator I use is the Honda EU2000i, which is arguably the quietest generator out there, in an effort to be as unobnoxious as possible.
As we are setting our trailer up for "boondocking" (must be an Eastern term as the term "bushcamping" is probably the closest translation around here), I might be tempted to buy the Honda EU2000i the first time I need to recharge in "the boons". Two hours to 80% sounds good.

Gord