"The Trailer" is home! - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #141

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We always pull forward also.
Triple that, never have backed on the blocks unless I mess up and overshoot.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #142

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
So Glenn, Now that all this hitch and leveling talk is complete, finish the story.......How did your Mother do against her twin sister?

Yeah ..... and Glenn ..... ahhhh .... what did the trophy look like?
Old 12-01-2016, 11:52 PM   #143

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'll have to ask her. And, then I'll have to ask her twin.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:53 PM   #144

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Updates on the inside of The Trailer

It's coming along! It's looking more and more friendly to me and I'm thoroughly enjoying spending time in there. Once the blinds get in, it'll be even better. Fortunately only one neighbor can see me inside the trailer.

The first two photos show what the kitchen area now looks like. Many hours of work putting the Peel & Stick stuff on that I got at Lowe's. Used 14 sheets of it, with lots of little bits left over. I've also added in one of those suction cup soap dishes from Ikea - just wish it wasn't white. As well as the blue screw cap covers (have more on order as I didn't have enough).

The third and fourth photos show the bed. Yep, got that all situated this evening. I ended up putting some foam rubber blocks at the head of the bed - that way the pillows won't fall down in the gap. On one side the pump for the bed fits in and will get plugged in as needed. The other side will hold stuff, such as a travel alarm and whatever else I figure needs to be near me during the night.

Yes, the mattress does stick out, but I'm still able to walk by it just fine. Yay!

Nope, that's not Lucy and Spike on the bed, but a couple of stuffed kitties that are stand-ins for them (for now).

The fifth photo shows a fleece blanket that a friend made for me to use in the trailer. I love it! I already flopped on the bed and laid under it and it's nice and warm.

Sixth photo is the key ring holder that I found on Amazon ages ago and hoped I'd be able to use in the trailer. Yep, I can.

The last photo shows some of the other kitty themed items I've either bought, already had or was gifted with for trailer use. Don't know how much will eventually stay in there, but for now it's fun to have in there.

Bonus - there's one item in one of these photos that's a shout out to Nathan. Let's see if he can figure out what it is. And then he can tell everyone else what it is. And why.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04904.jpg   DSC04905.jpg   DSC04906.jpg   DSC04907.jpg   DSC04909.jpg  

DSC04910.jpg   DSC04912.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #145

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Formica

Laura,
What is the formica kitchen counter top in your Escape. We are looking at various black patterns and like yours.

There was also a mention that there is a 4 inch difference between the 1st and 2nd generation Escape21s. Is this length or width?
richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #146

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Love what you've done with the back splash area!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:19 PM   #147

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Since the "stripper pole" is the only remaining stainless steel item and doesn't match anything else now, you might consider covering it with a black or blue or purple or cat-themed (if you can find it) shower rod cover/liner, although that would likely make it less stable as a "grab bar" when entering and exiting the camper. Just a thought....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:19 PM   #148

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
Laura,
What is the formica kitchen counter top in your Escape. We are looking at various black patterns and like yours.

There was also a mention that there is a 4 inch difference between the 1st and 2nd generation Escape21s. Is this length or width?
Basalt Slate - others have it as well, so join the gang!

Width and I really noticed it when moving around the trailer with someone else in there. It's nice. 4" doesn't sound like much, but it does make a difference.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #149

Trailer: August 2017 17b
Love the peel-and-stick-stuff - what is it? And the blue screw caps are just the right je ne sais quois! Thanks for the inspirational example!
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:51 PM   #150

Trailer: Feb 2017 5.0TA "Cackleberry" - 2016 Chevy Silverado
Laura~
It all looks great! The backsplash and key holders are my favorites! Great Job
Judy
jensworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:52 PM   #151

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
It's width, and the difference is only that large at floor and ceiling level. The two generations are the same width at the widest point - the joint at the middle - but the first generation walls slope inward from there, a couple of inches on each side before turning to horizontal (becoming the floor and the ceiling), while the second generation walls are vertical.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:56 PM   #152

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Hi Laura,

Congrats on your new trailer. It's looking great, how exciting. Looking forward to meeting you at Spring NOG. As a side note, don't rely on the side bubble level. Ours doesn't work. I'm not sure how a bubble level can fail but Reace even replaced it at the Escape rally and that one doesn't work either so we carry a good level in the trailer and I use that while Dave cranks the jack. We keep meaning to buy a better one to mount on the outside, maybe the next time one of us remembers when we are at Camping World....

Happy trails!
Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:14 AM   #153

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
You have been one busy busy lady, Laura. The result: amazing!!! And this probably isn't the end yet? Its crazy kitty cool!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2016, 02:34 AM   #154

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Laura, I LOVE that backsplash - makes it truly unique and looks more like a home than a trailer! I've seen the peel and stick tiles - do they stick well enough to the walls, or did you have to apply another adhesive as well?
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:27 AM   #155

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Laura,
Your trailer looks great, I could see why it's starting to feel like home to you. The backsplash looks great and coordinates so well with everything!
Nrgtic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #156

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Serious? The pencil is the only recognition it gets? I'm disappointed!!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
Serious? The pencil is the only recognition it gets? I'm disappointed!!
Hee, hee, hee. I told ya how hard it was to find something in that Hello Kitty store as I'm not a fan.

Back story for those interested: Nathan and I have been going back and forth, via email, about our trailers for some time now. He knew I was gonna do a kitty theme and the discussion kind of went on from there. Some good, friendly ribbing was involved. Comments about Hello Kitty, which he knew I detested. Suggestions on a big Hello Kitty sticker on the front - stuff like that.

So, yeah, the pencil is all you get, Nathan. And I already took it out of the trailer, as sorry, but I just don't want Hello Kitty in there.

(Of course, he may remember our conversations differently!)
Old 12-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #158

Peel & Stick backsplash

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on it. Let's just say I'm not putting that stuff up for anyone, regardless of how good of a friend they are. The corners around the curved window were loads of fun - not.

I saw this stuff mentioned in a post on the DIYRV site and really liked it. A friend put some up in her house and her motorhome. I got a sample of the headliner from ETI to make sure it would stick to it. You can peel it back off if it gets cockeyed or whatnot as you're applying it. And I could probably peel it off if I got tired of it later on. But I didn't need any other adhesive to get it to stick and it's staying on there just fine.

There were some tricky bits to it, besides the window. I discovered that I can push back on the wall and there's a gap between it and the wood work. I was able to put a bit of the material down behind the wood so it looked better, but it would take many tries to get it just right, especially along the bottom (yeah, many tries and sometimes I'd have to toss the piece as it got too wrinkled).

You can also kind of see where the sheets meet - in some places better than others, especially if you know what you're looking for (like I do!). My friend used a completely different pattern (Rockbridge, I think), with smaller pieces all mixed up and she says she can't see the seams. So, that probably depends on your pattern.

I first saw the Smart Tiles at Home Depot (but not in their stores any longer - you have to mail order them) but they had a slightly sticky finish to them that I didn't like. Once I saw these at Lowe's I bought all they had (22 sheets - the rest got returned yesterday). I really like the colors of this one as it ties in nicely with the countertop, but it's not too overwhelmingly black or white, like some of the Smart Tiles.

Here's the link to their site:

Collection - Peel & Stick Mosaics

And for the Smart Tiles:

https://www.thesmarttiles.com/en/tiles/

They have lots more patterns/colors available. Debbie used one brand in her trailer and the other in her house and she said both are just fine for cleaning up. She wasn't bothered by the slight stickiness of it.

I'm thoroughly enjoying sitting on the dinette and admiring it.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Since the "stripper pole" is the only remaining stainless steel item and doesn't match anything else now, you might consider covering it with a black or blue or purple or cat-themed (if you can find it) shower rod cover/liner, although that would likely make it less stable as a "grab bar" when entering and exiting the camper. Just a thought....
I remember you mentioning this before. Yeah, it pretty much is the only stainless steel in the trailer, isn't it? Will have to give it some thought, but yeah, you don't want to lose that gripping ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumac.rhus View Post
And the blue screw caps are just the right je ne sais quois! Thanks for the inspirational example!
I was quite impressed with how that blue looked - much better than I thought. It'll coordinate nicely with the color of blinds I got for that "room".

For those interested in getting some, don't go by the colors on your monitor as they looked lots different in person. More so than other products I've ordered online. Here's their link:

12/12 Snap-Caps - for #10, #12 & 1/4" screws | Pro-Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensworks View Post
Laura~
It all looks great! The backsplash and key holders are my favorites! Great Job
Judy
I really like the spot we chose for the key holder, so thanks for your help with that.

Unfortunately, the coat rack won't work as the coats hang down too far and are in the way of the bed (as others have mentioned long time ago, so I wasn't too surprised), so not sure what to do there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
As a side note, don't rely on the side bubble level. Ours doesn't work. I'm not sure how a bubble level can fail but Reace even replaced it at the Escape rally and that one doesn't work either so we carry a good level in the trailer and I use that while Dave cranks the jack.
I was wondering if that was the case here, so I put a level inside and it is off. Oh well, I'll get there eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
You have been one busy busy lady, Laura. The result: amazing!!! And this probably isn't the end yet? Its crazy kitty cool!!!!!!
I will be installing more screw covers once I get my order in as I needed more of the 4 different colors I'm using. Yep, 4 colors!

I was gonna measure for the custom cutting board over the stovetop, but figured I'd wait for Dirk as I'm not sure how much room he'll need for the wood frame.

AND I need to start sewing pillow covers!

Of course I'll post photos once I get more things done in there.

Thanks for everyone's enjoyment of The Trailer!
Old 12-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #160
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Hi Laura,

Congrats on your new trailer. It's looking great, how exciting. Looking forward to meeting you at Spring NOG. As a side note, don't rely on the side bubble level. Ours doesn't work. I'm not sure how a bubble level can fail but Reace even replaced it at the Escape rally and that one doesn't work either so we carry a good level in the trailer and I use that while Dave cranks the jack. We keep meaning to buy a better one to mount on the outside, maybe the next time one of us remembers when we are at Camping World....

Happy trails! Kathie
Casita didn't put my levels on anywhere near truly level, so I had to make my own marks on them. I had ETI just leave them off and added my own later.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote