2017 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 29-Oct 1 - Page 16 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #301

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Kinda like an Easter egg hunt, 'cept not as tasty.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #302

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
It has been wonderful with the only problem being an unknown vandal leaving an industrial waste product around my campsite last night
Once you add onions that stuff should boil your brats just fine.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #303

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
I to send a big THANK YOU to Paul for organizing this event!
We had a great time (again) and already look forward to next year.
Here's a (terrible) picture of our fearless leader preaching to the fiberglass choir. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2156.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	27439
Old 10-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #304

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
I to send a big THANK YOU to Paul for organizing this event!
We had a great time (again) and already look forward to next year.
Here's a (terrible) picture of our fearless leader preaching to the fiberglass choir. Attachment 27439
Indeed! And thank you Jim for being our expert torque confirmation technician.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #305

Trailer: Escape 21
Thank you, Paul and Janet, for organizing the event again!!! And to everyone else who helped with planning and coming to the rally. We had great fun visiting with folks and seeing so many trailers! Sadly, we ran out of time to see everyone--but there will be a next time!

We had a lot of takeaways from the weekend, but I must admit that I had outside shower/dishwashing station envy each time I saw Bill doing dishes as he was camped next to us!!! Perhaps a modification is necessary for us in the future!

The weekend went way too fast, but we loved Thomson Causeway, and we, too, look forward to next year's gathering!!!

I will be posting some pictures in another post.

Take care,
Cheryl & Steph
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #306

Here are a few pictures from Thomson Causeway.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170930_085319239.jpg   IMG_20170930_182526937_HDR.jpg   IMG_20170930_184529829_HDR.jpg  
Old 10-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #307

And a few pictures of the camping dingos--Callie and Summit.

Yes, Summit has her very own camp chair! By the looks of it, camping wears her out.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20171001_091821190.jpg   IMG_20171001_091839976.jpg   IMG_20170930_104200158.jpg  
Old 10-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #308

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
It looks like the Mississippi River Rendezvous was a success. We certainly hope to make it next year.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #309

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
I'll add our thanks to everyone who was able to attend this year. We enjoyed everyone we had the chance to interact with and especially Iowa Dave for his tolerance of my Michigan banner and attire. Martha and I enjoyed our time so much that it was hard to leave, and we plan to be back next year with a new rig.
Fudge Brownie, thanks for organizing this event and to all who helped out with the Lug torque contest.

Dan and Martha
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #310

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldman View Post
I'll add our thanks to everyone who was able to attend this year. We enjoyed everyone we had the chance to interact with and especially Iowa Dave for his tolerance of my Michigan banner and attire. Martha and I enjoyed our time so much that it was hard to leave, and we plan to be back next year with a new rig.
Fudge Brownie, thanks for organizing this event and to all who helped out with the Lug torque contest.

Dan and Martha
Dan, have you put the Casita up for sale yet? Great to meet you and Martha. I sure was relieved when we had such nice folks in our "buddy" site!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #311

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
The Casita goes on the market in about a week. Got plans for the 6th of Oct. and I think the lead time on a new Escape won't make that schedule work. Really enjoyed meeting you and Mary as well, even if you seemed to keep the park rangers busy.
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #312

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Pete and I want to thank Paul and Janet too! It was great to return this year with our new 21 and meet a lot of new friends.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:23 PM   #313

Quote:
.....even if you seemed to keep the park rangers busy.
Hopefully Bill made a clean escape from them after our illegally advertised sale of the grill to him!! And I was small potatoes next to Adrian!!

Old 10-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #314

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
No problem

Quote:

Dan and Martha
Sure we are all smiling until Thanksgiving weekend when either a Wolverine bites me or a bushel of Buckeyes is thrown out of a plane onto someone's head. The sunset is by Alex Pelzel, my son in law who came down late Saturday with my daughter Kelly and my two grandsons.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3758.jpg   IMG_4643.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:50 PM   #315

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Sure we are all smiling until Thanksgiving weekend when either a Wolverine bites me or a bushel of Buckeyes is thrown out of a plane onto someone's head. The sunset is by Alex Pelzel, my son in law who came down late Saturday with my daughter Kelly and my two grandsons.
Iowa Dave
Those buckeyes can fool you. We were in Indiana and thought we had hit pay dirt as they were all over the ground, we thought they could be chestnuts. But we were not sure so we brought a couple to someone to see what they were. Turns out they look alike but these are poisonous. So the wife had to do without roasted chestnuts. I have heard over and over how they sell them and other foods on the streets in New York and she misses that. Personally after having tried them I'm not real sure what the big deal is.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:58 PM   #316

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
Personally after having tried them I'm not real sure what the big deal is.
Bought some chestnuts a few years ago and roasted them. Ate one and threw the rest away. Must have done something wrong.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #317

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Nutty food

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
Those buckeyes can fool you. We were in Indiana and thought we had hit pay dirt as they were all over the ground, we thought they could be chestnuts. But we were not sure so we brought a couple to someone to see what they were. Turns out they look alike but these are poisonous. So the wife had to do without roasted chestnuts. I have heard over and over how they sell them and other foods on the streets in New York and she misses that. Personally after having tried them I'm not real sure what the big deal is.
Well here goes,
There are very few American chestnut trees around. There are Chinese chestnuts widely planted which bear fruit that is edible and roasted if you can beat the squirrels to them. Buckeyes and Horsechestnhts are poisonous. American Indians used to grind them up in the early fall when water flows were low in creeks and ponds and cast them upon the surface. They contain what DNR's now call a stupefying substance which brought fish to the surface where they were harvested. Yes it works, don't ask me how I know. If your dog chews up some Buckeyes you have to make him throw them up by making him drink hydrogen peroxide.as prescribed by the vet. Dont ask me how I know. How did that taste, Jakey? The horse chestnuts were numerous along the parkway at Niagara Falls three weeks ago but none in the Riverside Campground that I saw. Like mushrooms and berries, you got to know before you eat.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:02 AM   #318

The river was pretty too, but check out the sea of fiberglass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2178.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	27492
Old 10-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #319

I feel like we had more questions about our dish washing set up than the camper so I thought I'd put up a picture.
It was our first trip with it and we really liked it. The table is from
https://www.gcioutdoor.com/tables-ca...-cook-station/
It's surprisingly sturdy, very easy to set up, and when folded down it fits through the exterior hatch on our 19. It's the perfect height for the outdoor shower with a flexible spigot, and it's also a little higher than a picnic table which made it easier to work on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2165.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	27493
Old 10-03-2017, 12:41 AM   #320

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Bought some chestnuts a few years ago and roasted them. Ate one and threw the rest away. Must have done something wrong.
Did you roast them over an open fire? I think that's how Nat King Cole said it is how you do it.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote