2018 Quartzsite Gathering - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
2018 Quartzsite Gathering

2018 Quartzsite Gathering Hosts: Scamp Owners International

This gathering is for all brands of Molded Fiberglass Trailers! Like Salmon returning home all brands of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers make the annual pilgrimage to the AZ Desert.

Dates: Feb 5-11

February 5th to 8th - Early bird Quartzsite Pre-Gathering (Mon thru Thurs)
February 9th to 11th - Main Event (Friday thru Sunday)
If you can attend the Main Gathering, the Pre-Gathering, or the entire Quartzsite Gathering we’d love to have you come and enjoy the good times. Some even stay for a Post-Gathering for a few days if you’re so inclined.

Where: Same location as always, Dome Rock area, Quartzsite Arizona. Approx. 5 miles west of Quartzsite on I-10, south side of highway next to the frontage road.

MAP OF QUARTZSITEGATHERING LOCATION

GPS: 33.643617,-114.304752

Who Can Attend: Owners of all Molded Fiberglass Trailers brands - Casita, Scamp, Escape, Burro, U-haul, Bigfoot, Lil’ Snoozy, Compact Jr., Trillium, Boler, Parkliner, Eggcamper, Perris Pacer, etc. This gathering has always been, and will continue to be, a melting pot of all molded fiberglass trailer brands.

Registration: There is no pre-registration, as this is free BLM land. We will have a registration/signup table at the Host Trailer in the main loop. This is just first name(s), town, state and trailer type. Make sure you stop by the Host Trailer because not only do we want to meet you, the first 300 registrations will receive a FREE 2017 Quartzsite Gathering 10 year Anniversary button! (Our Canadian friends called this a Pin)

Camping: Free BLM 14-day dry camping (no facilities) on hard packed dirt. Market, water and dump station are all located in Quartzsite, 5 miles to the east. This is “Boondocking” with no hookups. If you are unfamiliar with how to setup your trailer for Boondocking you can read theses excellent resources on Boondocking.

What to Bring: Full Water Tank, Extra Water in Tow Vehicle, Empty Gray and Black Tanks, Generator or Solar Charging options, flashlight to see as you walk at night, can of non-cream based soup for the soup event, a dessert for the dessert event, and firewood (optional).

BLM Permit: A BLM permit must be obtained and displayed on your trailer. These are available free of charge from the BLM host trailer located a mile or two from town on the frontage road.

Campfires: Campfires are allowed. Please bring some firewood if you can help out. We will have central fire pit activities/concerts on Friday and Saturday night.

Generators: Generators are OK, however quiet ones are even better. Please try not to run them too early or late. Respect your fellow campers.

Check-in Check-out times
– None. Come in and leave when you want to. Maximum stay in this area is 14 days. Best of all there is no bill and nothing owed when you leave!

Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash while within the camp area. You are responsible for cleanup and sanitary disposal of your pet’s waste.

Trash: You are responsible for your trash. We only leave footprints when we depart. Trash may be dropped off at the landfill for free Sunday through Wednesday at this location: Quartzsite Transfer Station Location: 2 1/2 miles N of Quartzsite on Hwy 95, West Side, Quartzsite, AZ 85346

More details to come as we get closer......
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Have it entered into my Calendar. Next year is looking quite likely.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Heck yes! See you then!

G

PS-The Havasu fireworks show is the following Saturday!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #4

Still hoping to make it next year. I just have to make sure I plan to have no work projects happen at that time.

We were just wondering what type of temperatures to expect, daytime and night. The main reason I ask is we would be making this a part of a longer trip and Jasper will be with us. He can handle some heat, but we want him to be comfortable and though we do have A/C, I only have a 3000W genset, a bit bit to be hauling about.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #5

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
We plan on being there again this year, had a great time last year. You shouldn't have a need for A/C Jim. Daytime temps are mild but Quartzsite is usually windy and night temps that time of year is chilly.
"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:11 PM   #6

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Jim, Robert is spot on. Daytime temps have been comfortable the last two years. The Maxxfan easily handled any heat buildup. Temps fall at night. I don't think anyone used an AC. Few even brought generaters.
Jasper will be fine.
Hope to see you there.
Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #7

Thanks for that input, guys. The chilly nights sound wonderful. We survived quite a few fairly hot days without A/C in our 19.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Man I want to go to this but still 8 years away from retirement. Looking forward to it.
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
For those that haven't been to the Quartzsite rally, and wonder what it looks like, here are some photos of last year's gathering. There are also links to some of the previous years as well as some of the other rallies I've attended.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
In our calendars too. Looking forward to it.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Hope everyone enjoys it! Too big a gathering for me so will have to catch you on the road.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
Hope everyone enjoys it! Too big a gathering for me so will have to catch you on the road.
Too big? Just means more fun, and I ain't never had too much fun. Well, there was one time, the police were involved, and......
Old 12-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Too big? Just means more fun, and I ain't never had too much fun. Well, there was one time, the police were involved, and......
Hi: Jim Bennett... If you're gonna throw a party always invite the neighbours. If you do... at least they won't complain!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Friends

And you’ll have someone you know to talk to when you are on your way to the station in the Black Mariah🤪
Iowa “Forty Creek” Dave
Old 12-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Are there specific dates for this? Are SOBs allowed? I'll be going to and from Dead Horse Ranch State Park in late February/early March. It would be fun to meet folks in advance of the customer appreciation gathering--and maybe take a peek at some Escapes. I don't pick up my 17A til mid May.
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #16

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Are there specific dates for this? Are SOBs allowed? I'll be going to and from Dead Horse Ranch State Park in late February/early March. It would be fun to meet folks in advance of the customer appreciation gathering--and maybe take a peek at some Escapes. I don't pick up my 17A til mid May.
Barbara: See post #1 of this thread for dates. You would certainly be in the minority, but it doesn’t appear they have any intention to turn someone away with an SOB. From Jon’s webpage linked in post #9 he states for 2017, ”The Official count - 80 - Casita's; 27 - Escape's; 17 - Scamps; 5 - Bigfoot's; 3 - Oliver's; 6 - Other incl Lil Snoozy, Trillium; and 6 - SOB's (Some Other Brand)...

Jon’s link to 2016 indicates that 5 trailers were non-fiberglass.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #17

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Dome Rock is open to everyone, there is a 14 day stay limit so there will be several non fiberglass campers there not connected to the rally. It would be a great opportunity to do some window shopping as there will be many Escapes representing all models and people are always happy to talk about their trailer. Bob
"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #18

Howdy from the Wagonmaster,

Glad to see so many are prepping to head to the AZ Desert this year. Just like Salmon returning to spawn, Molded Fiberglass trailers return every year in mass to Dome Rock. (Hopefully, not to spawn)

Schedule and activities for the 11th Annual Quartzsite gathering will be posted shortly just waiting on a couple of confirmations.

Stay tuned and a Merry Christmas to all!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #19

Quartzsite Updates

Activities: The Quartzsite Gathering is traditionally not highly scheduled with activities. The few activities we have are on Friday and Saturday. During the week folks get together in small groups, enjoy the desert, head to the flea markets, or out to lunch or dinner. Check the activity whiteboard at the host trailer for updated times and activities. All activities are subject to last minute changes. Make sure to register at the host trailer and pick up your 2018 Quartzsite Commemorative Button/Pin (quantities limited).
  • BYOB Happy Hour to kick off the Quartzsite Gathering for early arrivals. Monday night Feb 6th. We will have an informal BYOB happy hour at the host trailer to get acquainted and start the week. Bring your chairs, favorite beverage and snacks. We'll provide a table and fire pit.
  • Concerts with Pete, Jackie and our Quartzsite Musicians: Several days during the week we will be having an evening campfire at the host trailer with music by our good friends and musicians Pete and Jackie. Any aspiring musicians can join in to play along. Check the activity board for times and bring your chairs over.
  • Saturday Ladder ball Tournament: At 10:00 a.m., right before the Soup Thing. Great fun to be had at the Quartzsite Gathering Ladder ball Tournament. Never played? Not a problem. It is quick and easy to pick up the game and compete for great prizes. Last year’s tournament was quite an event and drew as many spectators as players. Join the fun and sign up your team at registration.
  • Saturday Soup Thing: Everyone please bring a can of soup (Not cream style) and leave in the soup boxes at the registration table when checking-in. These are carefully mixed by our expert Soup Chefs in large pots of Chicken base, Beef base, and Mystery surprise. The soup line will start following the Ladderball tournament at approximately 12:30. Snacks to share with others are also welcome. After a nap come back at 4 pm for the Dessert.
  • Dessert in the Desert at the Saturday Night Campfire: Second year for this popular Dessert Pot Luck at the central campfire. Starting at 4pm everyone bring a favorite dessert to the tables, along with your chairs, for a taste of dessert while enjoying the central campfire.
  • Quartzsite Flea Markets: Throughout the town of Quartzsite, the Flea Markets run in the winter months during the influx of RV winter visitors and are quite interesting to spend a day or two rummaging around and finding treasures. Check the heading for current vendor information.
White Board: Check the white board at registration for all activities and approximate times.

Vendors: No outside vendors will be allowed without prior approval from the hosts. We are on BLM Land and their regulations do not allow vendors to sell goods on BLM Lands, so we have to be very careful on what is allowed.

Currently approved vendors:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dome Rock Swap Meet Quartzsite Gathering Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 8am - 10am:

This is your opportunity to recycle those camping items you no longer use!

SELLERS:
Items must be camping-related...basically anything having to do with RVing. This can also include books, CDs, electronics, etc. -- stuff you'd use when traveling. No clothing items, please.

Purchase a box of small envelopes at the Dollar Store (I'll also have some on hand).
On the front of the envelope, write: 1) Your name, 2) the item name, 3) the price, 4) your cell phone number
Affix the envelope to the item you wish to sell and leave your item(s) on one of the tables at the Swap Meet.
You must be willing to accept either cash or check.
Buyers will place their payment into the envelope and then deposit it into a box designated as PAYMENTS.
At 12 noon, sellers will be expected to come back to the tent to claim their payment(s) and/or item(s).
There will be a table for FREE STUFF. No envelopes necessary; however, the items must be camping-related and reclaimed by noon.
DO NOT LEAVE THOSE ITEMS FOR OTHERS TO DISPOSE OF!
If you have a table or ground cover we can use for a few hours to display items, please bring it along.
No need to stick around if you don't want to since someone will be there keeping an eye on things.
BUYERS:

Acceptable payments will be by cash (correct change appreciated) or check.
Buyers may write their name and cell number on the envelope before depositing it into the box if they have questions for the Seller.
MISCELLANEOUS
No outside vendors are permitted without permission from Greg A., the rally host.

A-Z Casita Owners Guide CDs and the following decals on hand: Jack Frame under Here, Battery Charge, and Fresh Water Tank Gauges.

Swap Meet Questions or suggestions? Email Eileen at lovemycasita17@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Hosts:

Post any questions you have on this thread or to just say “Hello, we’ll be there”! We look forward to meeting many new friends and visiting with many old friends at one of the best gatherings of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers (All brands are welcome) in the country.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:19 PM   #20

The Quartzsite Gathering Button

The Quartzsite 2018 Button has been designed and will be available when you check-in at the host trailer. There are limited quantities and are first come, first serve until we run out.
This years Quartzsite Gathering commemorative button features a Quartzsite Landmark and legend; The grave site and marker of Hi Jolly. If you've never been to see this landmark then you'll need to put on your buttons and head over to check out a piece of Quartzsite and Arizona history. Some say descendants of the camels can still be stumbled upon roaming the Arizona Desert.
Attached Thumbnails
Quartzsite 2018 XX.jpg