2019 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 27-29 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita, 16' 1996 LD
Glad to know you're coming, Leon

Last year, in your absence, I did double duty keeping Iowa Dave and Thoer on task, as I said I would. No more. It's your turn.

What? No Euro-bike tour this year?

bon voyage,

HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Adrian
.............I’ll try to produce some produce. Unless Illinois enacts a no garlic and peppers immigration law.
Iowa Dave

Just then 'em that you're a vegetable sanctuary campsite.

dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:45 AM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Refugees

Hi Don
Does that mean I have to bring Belgian Endive, Brussels Sprouts, and Asian Pears?
Too Much?
Iowa Dave
Old 04-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Even though the one loop is full of Escapes, yes I would bet they are all that brand, there are plenty of sites in the other two loops. Some of those sites are even a stones throw from the filled loop. Check the map over carefully and be sure you do not reserve a tent site. Mary - it worked for you last year. Not this year.

If you have not posted your site number, drop me a email with it. Last year there was an interest in publishing a directory of attendees. paul at braundomain dot com.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #25

Not wanting to bankrupt you, I’d be happy to bet, say a case of beer, (no cheap stuff) that the main loop will not be 100% Escapes. Let me know if you want bigger stakes, it’s a sucker bet anyhow. Site 114 Iowa Dave and his charming wife Rita in a 2013 Escape 21 #6 ( or is that an old 74 boler?) and of course, Lefty’s best friend, Jake.
Iowa ( import Czech Pilsner) Dave
Old 04-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2016 Ram Eco-diesel 4WD Crew
We can confirm that site 115 will be an Escape 21 with Earline and Jake's buddy, Bill.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
We’ll be staying in site 119 this year— Taylor Family, E21 “Gypsy Cat”
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #28

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21 currently pulled by a 2014 Chevy Traverse
Hi, Anita and I will be there. We moved our campsite to 107 from 102 the last two years, nothing to with the neighbors she wasn't happy with the acorns(?) falling on the trailer all night.

We were going to be camping there in May on our way out to the Escape rally as the first couple of nights and got this in an email just a little while ago;

Greetings,
The Thomson Causeway is currently closed due to flooding. Your reservation has been cancelled and you will receive a full refund. The current closure extends until May 15th, however, it may be further extended depending on when the river recedes and clean-up can be performed. Please continue to check Recreation.gov as well as www.missriver.org for updates. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
-Thomson Rangers

Our reservations were cancelled and the money to credited back to the card used.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 PM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I remember the year we attended the rally with our new E19 the rally had been moved because of flooding in September, 2016. We never did get to see the Thomson Causeway....maybe next year.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:33 PM   #30

Old man river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Hi, Anita and I will be there. We moved our campsite to 107 from 102 the last two years, nothing to with the neighbors she wasn't happy with the acorns(?) falling on the trailer all night.

We were going to be camping there in May on our way out to the Escape rally as the first couple of nights and got this in an email just a little while ago;

Greetings,
The Thomson Causeway is currently closed due to flooding. Your reservation has been cancelled and you will receive a full refund. The current closure extends until May 15th, however, it may be further extended depending on when the river recedes and clean-up can be performed. Please continue to check Recreation.gov as well as www.missriver.org for updates. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
-Thomson Rangers

Our reservations were cancelled and the money to credited back to the card used.
Steven,
Send me a PM if you need an alternative suggestion for camping. My suggestion right off would be one of the Scott
County parks. They are not impacted by flooding, are close to the Interstate, and are well maintained and very reasonably priced.
Iowa Dave

Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote