2019 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 27-29 - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #81

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Hi guys thanks for the explanations is there water at the sites or a spigot near by? And is the dump site as we drive out like most ACE sites

BTW my name is Jim the jennykatz name was the name of my first cabin cruiser so it’s been used for all my sign ins sorry for confusion I probably should change my call sign
You pass the dump station on your way in so you can fill there or like Steve said there are not spigots at every site but they are available in each loop. Here’s a link to the campground map showing locations.

https://cdn.recreation.gov/webphotos...73445_THOS.pdf

BTW: We can always use more Jims around. It makes more difficult for people to know which one to blame.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #82

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
That is an interesting map Jim. I have seen many names for the different camping loops at Thomson Causeway, this is a new “or old” one I have not seen before. I believe this makes four different set of names. It seems the site numbers have remained unchanged but do not rely on the loop names.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #83

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I’m sorry Jim, I just never realized I was talking to you with that handle. Unlike many USFS ( Forest service) campgrounds, the Corps spigots are standard threaded and you can hook a hose to them. I will haul to Thompson empty and fill at the CG as I have experience there and trust the water. But I do use a filter Some places are iffy and the Forest service has signs stating no connections. If you use a water bandit on one of their spouts at Mountain Park the CG host who reminded me of Eva Braun gets pretty excited. She apparently did not appreciate my 25 years experience with over 100 backflow prevention devices, air gap fill , and tattoo across my back that says “ Salis Populi Suprema Lex”. (The people’s safety is the highest law) . But oh well.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #84

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
That is an interesting map Jim. I have seen many names for the different camping loops at Thomson Causeway, this is a new “or old” one I have not seen before. I believe this makes four different set of names. It seems the site numbers have remained unchanged but do not rely on the loop names.
But, but, but... I found it on the Internet. How could it be wrong?
I didn't even read the loop names I just looked at the numbers. Now that I look at it again where it says dump station doesn't look accurate either.

There's gotta be another Jim I can blame for this...
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #85

If it’s a problem, this guy can help. And he’s named Jim, what else?

Iowa Dave
Old 07-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #86

Rally Agenda

The program for the September 25-29 Rendezvous has been emailed to everyone who indicated they were planning to attend. The program contains the planned activities starting on Wednesday with a pre-rally event and ending Saturday evening.

Since keeping track of everyone is not a perfect process by Paul, you may have been missed. Email delivery problems have also been known to occur. If you would like a copy emailed to you, please send your email address to paulatbraundomaindotcom. If you are staying at a campsite please include your site number.

Visitors to the rally are always welcome. Trailer tours are held Saturday morning. Hobnobbing with owners occurs throughout the rally. If you are planning to attend and would like the program emailed (and I would encourage you do so) please provide an email address.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #87

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Got mine, Paul, Thanks. As far as another Jim- found this old song, same name as mine...I even remember the song, gotta love the old style phone effects of the dialing noise....
Old 07-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #88

The list keeps growing, we have 28 units planning to attend. A general observation on the guests is; this looks like a sailing crowd. Some of the alias that are appearing are: skipperclyde, oldnavyguy, and jennykatz. Are there any water peeps I am missing?

Just because Iowa Dave has the best site on the waterfront you cannot count him. For the early arrivals he does have a special sunset activity planned for Wednesday.

It looks like Lefty and Jake will be making their appearances again this year, along with numerous of their furry friends.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #89

Lefty and Jake are good friends. Don’t forget Sadie who belongs to Tom and Linda Hodge. Tom is ATHiker on the forum and knows more about walking/ hiking than anyone else I know. Cats are welcome too. Iguanas are ok but we can’t be responsible for their safety. Lots of Eagles in the area.
Escapes and Canapés, everybody welcome. Wednesday evening.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-24-2019, 06:51 PM   #90

Trailer: Future purchase-Escape 21
Looking forward to meeting at least some of you all - Cindy and I are RV-less so far...but are dying to see some Escapes...our boating experience makes us think that fiberglass is one of the best materials to use for RV construction. We chatted with Dave on here last month and we were going to do the Niagara rally but the Mississippi one fits our travel plans from Cincinnati better...we'll be walking in with our 2 furry friends on Saturday 28th after we do a 2 week RV Rental in Michigan (our first RV experience). Is there a kind of open house on Saturday? Cheers! Joe Cindy
wilkinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:05 PM   #91

Hi Joe and Cindy
Looks like Paul is planning trailer tours for Saturday morning. Usually like 10 am to noon or a little better. There is surfaced parking for visitors right in the camp area so most folks drive in and park there. We will be looking forward to meeting you.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #92

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Lefty will be there, on watch

Lefty is looking forward to the rendezvous, as always.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:21 PM   #93

Dog Days

Jake went on a hard point tonight and I could not see anything in the yard. I let him go and he flushed two rabbits at once. The only problem is that as my son, he has the attention deficit gene and they were gone before he decided which one to chase. He’s ready to see his buddy Lefty any time. Lots of pheasants this year, saw a half grown rooster at the farm today. Here he’s got his eye on a red squirrel at Priest River, Idaho.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
9775F6B6-9BCC-45A7-AC7F-ACD0C0AC7B8Ba.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:49 AM   #94

WE all received an agenda, but here it is for those who are not registered...for wilkinjoe et al...

From Paul

The 2019 rally is approaching and it is time to firm up some of the details. This year I have included a list of who have indicated they are coming. Names and their site number with their forum “handle” are provided. I plan to update the list after this mailing so that we have a fairly complete set of names at the start of the rally.

There is a new activity planned for those early arrivals. Please note that.

Wednesday
ESCAPES and CANAPÉS site 114. Small campfire and light eats with a couple starter drinks provided by Iowa Dave.

Friday Early
We will be serving a biscuits and sausage gravy breakfast along with juice and fresh brewed coffee on Friday morning . Open to all rally attendees , just bring an appetite and a big smile , everything else will be provided . Thank you Steve and Linda.

Breakfast starts at 8:30 AM Site # 122

Friday Late
Friday afternoon into evening Stone Shelter has been reserved for a happy hour starting at 5:00. Bring along snacks to share. If you have a particular drink, alcoholic or non-alcoholic to share, please bring it. We would encourage samples. Remember, these are just samples; you will need to bring your own beverage of choice to the event.

Saturday
Trailer tours will start at 10:00 am; they will continue until noon on Saturday. If you are interested in showing your trailer during this time we ask to turn your porch light on. Remember, it is an option to host an open trailer. Those who are visiting are asked to respect the tour hours.

The lug nuts contest will follow at 1:00 pm. It will be held between sites 113 and 114. Every year the contestants wine about the weather affecting their torqueing ability, it’s too cold, it’s too hot, it’s too damp. What will be their excuse this year?

It seems every year the favorite activity is the potluck supper, it will be on Saturday evening. This is held in the Stone Shelter, a block away from the main campground loop. Stone is situated on the shoreline; the Mississippi River is a “stone’s throw” away. We will start dinner at 5:00 pm; you are encouraged to arrive early for the opportunity to socialize. Please bring a dish to pass that serves 6-8 with a serving utensil. Table cloths and napkins are provided; you will need to bring your own table service. Refreshments will not be provided. Electrical service is available in the shelter.

The shelter is walking distance from the campground, but because some are carrying utensils, dishes etc. you may choose to drive. There are plenty of parking spaces, however it is important to use the loop roadway next to the shelter for drop off only, parking is not allowed except in the painted or striped spaces.

Every Evening
There has been a traditional evening campground fire. The organizers will provide firewood, two years ago the group commandeered an unused tent site adjacent to the main campground loop. The most recent rally had cold and windy conditions, the fire was quickly moved to the Stone Shelter and was a welcome addition to the Friday and Saturday activities. This is an ad hoc activity, if you desire you can organize it. Location will depend on weather conditions.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:56 AM   #95

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
We did not receive an agenda so thanks for posting this. We are currently planning on attending. Tying it into a Wisconsin camping trip with our daughter and her boyfriend. Ready for a big plate of Steve and Linda's biscuits and sausage gravy. I did not blame the weather or my pulled hamstring muscle for my performance in the lug nut contest.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:35 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Jake went on a hard point tonight and I could not see anything in the yard. I let him go and he flushed two rabbits at once. The only problem is that as my son, he has the attention deficit gene and they were gone before he decided which one to chase. He’s ready to see his buddy Lefty any time. Lots of pheasants this year, saw a half grown rooster at the farm today. Here he’s got his eye on a red squirrel at Priest River, Idaho.
Iowa Dave
Well at least he is not looking at the nut behind him.....
Old 08-04-2019, 10:38 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
We did not receive an agenda so thanks for posting this. We are currently planning on attending. Tying it into a Wisconsin camping trip with our daughter and her boyfriend. Ready for a big plate of Steve and Linda's biscuits and sausage gravy. I did not blame the weather or my pulled hamstring muscle for my performance in the lug nut contest.
You are going to have a busy September also between Niagara and Mississippi. We opted for Algonac and Mississippi as our 2 September rallies. This allows the fur babies at home to get reacquainted before departing again.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:32 AM   #98

Yep, just trying to get in as much camping as possible while the season allows. Also doing a week at Westbranch State park in Ohio. One of our favorites. Truly a superbly run and maintained state park. I would recommend it to anyone passing through NE Ohio. Only complaint is that weekends can fill up far in advance since it is so well liked. We usually do Sunday night to Friday night trips to avoid the crowds.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #99

Yes, the state parks here in Pennsylvania are the same, empty Monday thru thursday but full fri-sunday. I am looking forward to the fall and winter when the kids are back in school and most others are back to work, then the fun starts for us retirees.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #100

Absolutely. Fall when the crowds think and kids are back in school is also our favorite time to camp. Perfect campfire weather.