2019 Quartzsite Gathering - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2019, 03:58 PM   #111

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 Escape 19' (Sold)
The worst part of the January madness is Sweet Darlene's stops their "all you can eat" Friday fish fry. A fee more pieces of cod on the plate, but no refills!

You mean this place? (We have friends that are there now .... )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sweet Darlene's Quartzsite.jpg (66.6 KB, 22 views)

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #112

Trailer: 2018 Ford F 150, Escape 21
I'm double posting this since the coordinates for the rally are in two different threads:

OK, I'm feeling a bit guilty that the coordinates I gave on the rally thread were somewhat generic. So, being a nice day, I drove out to Dome Rock with my GPS. While others have mentioned that the rally covers a good 1/2 mile along the road, the location I'm listing here is where I was set up last year, next to Greg. This year could be a bit different since there are often a bunch of "Sun Blockers" parked in the area. I go out a week before the rally & try to scare them away, but some always stay.

Anyhow, the host site where you fill out the paperwork to officially get your 14 day permit (assuming the government shutdown is over) is N 33.64957, W 114.27163. If the host is there and on duty, he will have an American flag flying on a pole next to his trailer.

My location, if I can get the same area I had last year is N 33.64356, W114.30594. Greg (the rally host & the registration table) usually sets up in that general area.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #113

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
the location I'm listing here is where I was set up last year, next to Greg.
Greg (the rally host & the registration table) usually sets up in that general area.
Ground zero, and get your badge here location.

Maybe you need a second set of coordinates for "Snob Hill".

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #114

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

Maybe you need a second set of coordinates for "Snob Hill".

You have to be one of the classier participants to qualify for that location. The coordinates are only shared with a select few.

Sometimes it is nice to Escape from the riff raff.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #115

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Don't forget to get coordinates for "Conceited Village" as well as "Snob Hill." Great communities all make a Village.
Five years ago the central hub was not popular, but Yours Truly, Jon, Myron, and Earl have all made it the coolest place to park now. Plus you'll be close to the Dessert table to get in line early.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #116

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
I am looking forward to finally meeting the Escape gang at Quartzsite and seeing your "decked out" rigs. My son Kyle and I will be there for the weekend of the 8th arriving from Valley of Fire State Park (NV) then heading east to McDowell Mt Regional park. While this isn't our first travel trailer, it's my first Escape and I am really looking forward to finally doing some fun in the sun camping in the desert.

We plan to leave home (NE Washington State) sometime around Feb 4
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #117

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
From Quartzsite, has anyone ever taken route 95 south towards Yuma and turned west to the Castle Dome Landing area, or west onto East Imperial Dam Rd toward the Yuma Proving Ground and that extensive Colorado River area, on the CA border?
Old 01-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #118

Trailer: 2018 Ford F 150, Escape 21
I've stayed at the Imperial Dam LTVA area many times, which is on Senator Wash Road a few miles past the proving grounds campground. You use the same permit you get for the Long Term Visitor Areas in Quartzsite. Different since there is no town near by (Yuma is around 30 miles away) but a few degrees warmer than Quartzsite. I find it a bit more windy, but that may be the location where I usually set up.

If you are into books, they have an old Airstream that has been converted to a library, water fill & dump stations, and a few bathrooms with flush toilets (and outside, cold water showers).

There are a couple of campgrounds in the area. One for military on the proving grounds, a "resort" just past the proving grounds, the LTVA covering around 4000 acres, and a BLM "improved" campground (that is a parking lot with no hookups, but with bathrooms & pay showers) just across the dam.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #119

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Thanks, Jon. I have a friend locally here who told me back in the day he was stationed at the Naval air station there. When I said to him..."Navy?? there's no water in the area!" He corrected me and insighted my interest in the area. (Opposite that old mining "town" attraction the east side of 95.)
Old 01-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #120

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We will be attending this rally and are pretty excited as it is our very first rally

I do have some logistics questions, all related to filling or emptying.

1. Where do you stop to load up on or re-load water?
2. Is there a recommended grocery store nearby? We will be arriving from Anza Borrego which only has a couple very small markets. We will need to stock up on meats and produce and prefer to do that after unhitching.

3. Any chance a honey wagon visits? If not, is there a local spot that people use to dump their tanks?

Jill is offline   Reply With Quote