2024, April 25-28: Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-29-2023, 01:54 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandenstein View Post
I was looking at sites in the B loop on the inside. They say they are 38', but only for trailers under 16'. For those that have been there, can these sites hold an Escape 21?

We would rather be closer, but took site C18, as it was larger. If the inner B sites would work, we might change our reservation.

Bob and Katie Brandenstein
Bonney Lake, WA
4/25 -4/28
Escape 21.

Site C18
All I can tell you, is we have a participant with a 21' Escape and an SUV and they've been fitting into a 37' site all the times we've gone to Nehalem Bay. They seem to like their site just fine. YMMV

IF you decide to change sites, please let me know and I'll correct the participants list and map

IF it helps, the map below shows where everyone currently has reservations. Including yours.

Fun times ahead!
Attached Thumbnails
NB-Map.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 06:13 PM   #22

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandenstein View Post
I was looking at sites in the B loop on the inside. They say they are 38', but only for trailers under 16'. For those that have been there, can these sites hold an Escape 21?

We would rather be closer, but took site C18, as it was larger. If the inner B sites would work, we might change our reservation.

Bob and Katie Brandenstein
Bonney Lake, WA
4/25 -4/28
Escape 21.

Site C18
Yes you are right to be concerned. Some of the sites at Nehalem are too short for a trailer plus vehicle, even though they might have the water and electricity. It’s usually the ones that look very perpendicular on the campground map. It’s best to read the site description carefully like you did.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:16 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
Yes you are right to be concerned. Some of the sites at Nehalem are too short for a trailer plus vehicle, even though they might have the water and electricity. It’s usually the ones that look very perpendicular on the campground map. It’s best to read the site description carefully like you did.
In addition, the inner 90 degree sites are tough to manuever into with a 21 due to trees so close to the openings of those sites and directly across the road, plus the site markers (which are plastic and survive being flattened most of the time)

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 09:13 AM   #24
Site Team

One week since the reservations opened and we have 46 sites reserved. The bulk came from Wednesday, even though the NOG doesn't officially start until a Thursday. It's obvious most of us are retired now

I expect we'll get some more reservations after the first of the year when others can figure out their 2024 vacation schedule.

Fun times ahead
Old 11-01-2023, 11:24 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 ETI 19
Dennis and Bryn Berry site B19
Escape 19 from Salt Lake City
dinnyberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 06:09 PM   #26

Trailer: 2018 19'
Well I tried today & only spots available are inside which say 24’ max length. Any hints?
Old 11-01-2023, 06:22 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Well I tried today & only spots available are inside which say 24’ max length. Any hints?
Julie, I don't see ANY spots that short. Are you sure?

On Edit, okay I went out to ReserveAmerica and I see what you mean. But when I look at the brochure for the park, these are what I see. I don't know what to tell you. Reserve and hope for the best?
Attached Thumbnails
Park.jpg  
Old 11-01-2023, 06:46 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Inside spaces there tend to be 90 degrees and difficult to back into for longer trailers due to the layout across the road from them (trees, usually.) Some campers get their trailers in place, uncouple, and park the tow crosswise on the pavement in front of the trailer.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 06:53 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 ETI 19
Hi Julie
I have never been to Nehamla before but the description for my sight (B19) says the drive way is 49 Ft while it is called a 24 ft site. 49 feet is plenty for my escape 19 a Ford F150. Hope the description is correct
dinnyberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 10:24 PM   #30

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnyberry View Post
Hi Julie
I have never been to Nehamla before but the description for my sight (B19) says the drive way is 49 Ft while it is called a 24 ft site. 49 feet is plenty for my escape 19 a Ford F150. Hope the description is correct
I’m familiar with that row, we used to have a favorite tent site nearby. B19 is fine for bigger campers so you’ll be good.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 09:46 AM   #31

Trailer: 2022 21 C owner :-D/ '24 RAM 1500 Limited
Announcement:

We're going to have to cancel our reservation due to our being out of state thanks to a family situation (purchased plane tickets last night).

Our reservation for this event is for A54. I have not submitted my cancellation yet. How do I go about doing it in such a way as to help NOG participants have the best chance of snapping it up? Do I post here seconds before I hit 'cancel', or declare a set time for my cancellation, so someone can <hopefully> reserve A54?

I was REALLY looking forward to this event as the start of our 2024 Escape US/Canada tour, but the start will have to be postponed by about 3 weeks.

Michael
mresseguie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:23 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post

Our reservation for this event is for A54. I have not submitted my cancellation yet. How do I go about doing it in such a way as to help NOG participants have the best chance of snapping it up? Do I post here seconds before I hit 'cancel', or declare a set time for my cancellation, so someone can <hopefully> reserve A54?
Sent PM
Old 11-13-2023, 01:27 PM   #33

Trailer: 5.0
Hi Donna,, I was able to get a spot. It’s A30 thanks again Gary
Looking forward to this!!
Grasshog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 02:47 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshog View Post
Hi Donna,, I was able to get a spot. It’s A30 thanks again Gary
Looking forward to this!!
Excellent. I'm sending you a PM.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:55 PM   #35

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17
1st time attendees

Newbies here. Planning on attending the NOG April 25-29

Eldon & Debbi
Kennewick Washington
2012 Escape 17B
Site: C-04

Please inform us about name tags and site sign please.
2oldgoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 02:17 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oldgoats View Post
Please inform us about name tags and site sign please.
Excellent! Name tags can be anything you buy/make that has your name on it. First names in clear, larger type are appreciated for those of us with aging eyes.

Site signs can also be anything you make or buy. Some people buy really nice/elaborate signs they put out where they camp. Others have site flags with their info on it.

I've just made both, these are mine

The white one is my site sign, I print it out, put it in a plastic sleeve and attach it to a picket. Confused? Wish I had a pic....
Attached Thumbnails
Picket.jpg   Name-Tag.JPG  
Old 02-06-2024, 03:40 PM   #37

Trailer: Deposit on an Escape 19F1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post
I pity the poor souls who must endure my snoring (though I am getting a CPAP soon...)

Michael & Melody
Corvallis, OR
2022 21C
A54
Eek! We're EGG newbies! HELP!!!
Brand new to the forum... just roaming around getting my bearings as my wife and I begin the process to have an Escape 19F1 built for us. I had to comment to say... very glad you're getting a CPAP. It's the single biggest thing you can do to maintain your cardiac health. I've been on a CPAP for 12 years now... my life is so much better now with consistently good sleep. Hang in there in the first weeks of getting used to the mask. I threw mine across the room the first night... but I endured. The nasal mask is the best for me.
Cathleen Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:55 AM   #38
Site Team

THE Schedule of Events such as it is...

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, look for shells on the beach, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

I'm going to try to rent the Meeting Hall for the Friday/Saturday night get togethers. It can't be done online. IF I'm unable to do so, I'll edit THIS post and let everyone know what we'll do. More than likely we'll be at MY SITE A14.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: The roasting fire will be going at the Meeting Hall. There are tables inside and picnic tables outside for our use. There is LOTS of parking and restrooms too. This is NOT a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. Fire will be roaring in the fire pit, come by anytime after 6:00pm.

The fun/funny stuff:
CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the fire pit.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 6pm at the Meeting Hall. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entree, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people and your table service.

For the two events at the Meeting Hall, you may want to bring your lawn chair. Sitting outside by the fire pit is always preferable to being inside if the weather is dry and it's not windy.

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

I'll post the most current weather prediction for the weekend on Wednesday, April 24. But plan for for any kind of weather. Over the years we've seen it all!

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:13 PM   #39

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
We will be starting our journey to this tomorrow. Mary asked if we should bring anything for the beach.

I couldn’t think of anything, but maybe some tevas or sandals for walking on the sand? Anything else? Beach chairs?
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 06:31 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
We will be starting our journey to this tomorrow. Mary asked if we should bring anything for the beach.

I couldn’t think of anything, but maybe some tevas or sandals for walking on the sand? Anything else? Beach chairs?
Beach chairs if you like to watch sun sets. Weather permitting they can be spectacular. I’m looking forward to meeting you two I’ve seen you a lot in the form. Bring CA sunshine with you.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote