Wow - all exports temporarily suspended - Page 22 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2016, 02:07 PM   #211

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We went through border coming back into US and Agent asked to see our enhanced license somewhere in my friends car his sons enhansed license was lost ? We didn't know what he was talking about . Apparently the EL shows up on his computer screen Wel
finally sorted it out never did find his Son licence

BTW we basically almost finished our build sheet the only 2 things left which windows to get tthe sliders or the pushout
"Enhanced Drivers License (EDL) in U.S. English, Enhanced Driver's Licence in Canadian English, or Enhanced ID in other common usage, is a card which functions both as driving licence and ID card with limited passport features issued in some states in the United States and some provinces in Canada to people who are both ..."

Hmm. I learned something.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:22 PM   #212

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
"Enhanced Drivers License (EDL) in U.S. English, Enhanced Driver's Licence in Canadian English, or Enhanced ID in other common usage, is a card which functions both as driving licence and ID card with limited passport features issued in some states in the United States and some provinces in Canada to people who are both ..."

Hmm. I learned something.
AND… they are RF sensitive. The ones in Washington State must be carried in an RF sleeve and removed upon approaching the border. It actually shows up on their screens as you approach (is my understanding). If loose in the car without the sleeve, no wonder they were asking for it.

techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #213

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
AND… they are RF sensitive. The ones in Washington State must be carried in an RF sleeve and removed upon approaching the border. It actually shows up on their screens as you approach (is my understanding). If loose in the car without the sleeve, no wonder they were asking for it.
That makes sense, matches what U.S. Homeland Security says, and probably applies to all Enhanced Driver's Licenses:
Enhanced Drivers Licenses: What Are They?

If you get one of these, you should probably be careful with it. Border protection people (on either side) would be justifiably concerned if one of these is crossing the border without the authorized holder, and once you give them reason to suspect that you are abusing the quicker clearance privileges of an EDL (or Nexus card, etc), it could be difficult to convince them that you really are trustworthy.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #214

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
We picked up our 5.0 TA this morning. We are at a campground in Chilliwack, and we'll just stay here until the mess gets straightened out and we can export. Thank goodness we are retired and have all the time in the world. I feel sorry for those who have been affected by this and have a limited amount of time.
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:42 PM   #215

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Being surrounded by Chilliwack 'Vision' corn that's ready for the pot will help pass the time.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:08 PM   #216

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight"
Glad it all works out for you, though it doesn't. Hope, despite all the hassle, you enjoy your Escape, your camping, and your stay in Canada!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:20 AM   #217

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Glad it all works out for you, though it doesn't. Hope, despite all the hassle, you enjoy your Escape, your camping, and your stay in Canada!
Thanks, Marry. We are trying to make the best of it. So far, so good! We love our trailer!
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #218

Trailer: 17B 2017
It's friday, hear any updates from Tammy anyone?
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:43 AM   #219
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
It's friday, hear any updates from Tammy anyone?
Doug & Lucy probably have the most current information since they picked up their 5.0TA yesterday and are waiting to cross the border.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #220

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
This is the update that I got from Tammy on Wednesday:

"
Hello Greg and Teresa,

As per my last email I was working with US Customs and based on conversations with US Customs at the Sumas Border Crossing in Sumas, WA we had hoped to resume exportation early this week. There was concern surrounding the definition of a US Agent as two of the key departments (NHSTA and US Customs) had different definitions for this term. The definition issue has now been resolved however, US Customs has negated on our conversation to provide us with a 30 day temporary pass and ultimately will not allow Escape Trailer Industries to import trailers into the US until we have a NHSTA letter of compliance in hand.

At this time we have received a partial acceptance and are waiting for the final process. I have been told this is a 24hr delay however, given the fact that nothing has gone as scheduled so far with what I have been told - I am still holding my breath. We have been told we are in que and are number 10 on the list. I have asked for a time reference as the number 10 doesn't mean anything to me. I am currently waiting for a response to me voicemail and email. - I will keep everyone updated as I am information becomes available.

I honestly believe we are on an day to day standby and hope to have good news for you shortly.

As soon as I have the okay the driver has agreed he can be here within 24 hours to pick up the trailers for delivery."

GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote