Howdy from Dallas, Texas! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraM View Post
........Can't wait for January so that we can put our name on the list!
Dora
This year (2015),
Escape Trailer Industries (ETI) took orders for 2016 production from April 26 until Sept. 8.

And, ETI is expanding to two buildings over the winter. I would expect that they start taking orders for 2017 in the spring (same as this spring).
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I agree Don. The language on the Escape website seems to indicate they won't take orders again until spring which is probably March or April. Appears they are just advising folks to keep an eye on the website for further information in Jan. because I'm sure when they open up orders the first dates will go fast. We ordered first week of April and got the last 2015 dates, and they didn't last long after we ordered.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:31 AM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
This year (2015),
Escape Trailer Industries (ETI) took orders for 2016 production from April 26 until Sept. 8.

And, ETI is expanding to two buildings over the winter. I would expect that they start taking orders for 2017 in the spring (same as this spring).
This is what's at their site, so I and others are hoping it means they'll start taking orders then. But, it could just be more information on how much longer we have to wait. We'll have to wait and see!

"Once the last available 2016 Completion Date for each model is filled, we will not be taking orders for 2017 until early 2016. Please refer back in January 2016 for further information."
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:40 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
It really does not matter when they start taking orders, because at the time orders closed for next year, the whole year's schedule was filled. The next orders, no matter when they are taken, will not begin in production until the previous ones are filled anyway.

I imagine that in the interim, Escape will need to examine what the new schedule will be like, what with all the changes happening. I have to imagine that existing production dates may move up a bit, but only time and Escape will be able to confirm this theory.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:00 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Spirit Deluxe Casita; expecting 2017 21' Escape Ultra, Jan 5, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Met a couple from Crested Butte, CO last month & same story; love the Casita, just need some more elbow room- especially when it's raining. With the exchange rate as it is that should ease your need for any Xanax....just do it!
We've already decided to get one, just waiting to get on the list! That's where I need some patience pills! :-)
DoraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
This year (2015),

I see where I got that on January. In any case, their remarks lately are that they will not be taking orders until spring. No telling how many people will be lined up by then.

The good news is that they may be able to get a few more trailers built in 2016. So the wait will not be quite as bad as anticipated, at least for a few people.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
The biggest trailer that Casita builds is still the 17 foot. They are not planning on adding a bigger one. :-(
I was at Casita's factory on Friday. They told me they are looking at building a larger one but that it would be at least 2 years down the road. Could be a 19 or 21 but just in the "idea" stage at this point. I don't think they need to panic yet but there does seem to be a definite migration taking place from Texas to B.C. Quality isn't the issue as Casita puts out a great product but size may really matter!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Thank you for adding us to the Escape Group! We retired from Dallas, Texas last year and own a 2014 Casita, 17' that we have been full-timing in, traveling the US and Canada. We got interested in the Escape and are really anxious about ordering a 21' this coming year. We really hate losing our 17' Casita; we absolutely love it, but with full-timing, we need a tad more room! Hope to meet you all on the road!
Dora, had no idea. Wondered how you all were making it work full timing
Ginger
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote