Ok we're in with a 2016 escape 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 classic "Escapade", Tow: Nissan Xterra off-road 6spd manual
Ok we're in with a 2016 escape 19

Just put down the deposit on a 19. After looking at the forum I'm kinda thinking that was the easy step. Now comes the build sheet.
My wife and I have done tent camping in small and big tents,with and without cots and gave that up. In getting ready for retirement we have spent the last few years trying different things out, a camperized van, and travel trailers. The camperized van turned us away from motorhomes, and one look at the price on a winterized camper (and a new vehicle) turned us away from that. For the last two years we have rented a travel trailer and found that we liked that a lot.

In looking for one to buy we felt we needed no wood in the frame,minimal chance of leakage in the roof and the ability to store the trailer outside not under cover. Also on the must have list was a bathroom and queen size bed. The escape trailet met all the requirements and the build quality was significantly better than others we saw. So, after looking at a 21 and a 19 in our area we r took the plunge.

Our expected usage will be a mix of forestry and back roads campsites and serviced campsites. We tend to go more on the forestry side and expect to be able to use the xterra to take the trailer to out of the way places. (Last year we trailered away from Quesnel lake one week before the mount Polley tailings Pond burst and flowed into the lake about 100 yards from our campsite.).

So we've joined your community of owners and after I searsesearch on this site for a bit will be asking for some commets on usefulness of options.

John D

John David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape, 19'
Congrats JohnD, that 11 months will fly by! Our wait was 10 months and it crept up pretty quickly....Keep checking the forum and you'll get a feel for options and ideas.....Karen

KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Congrats John! The wait does go by fast!
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Congratulations. Great choice. Wow, 11 months now on the build date? And I thought our 9 months was long! Its true though that it goes pretty quick. Can't believe we've had ours now for almost 3 months when it seems like last week we ordered.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Hi John,
Congrats on your purchase. We do almost all of our camping in Forest Service Campsites and out-of-the-way provincial B.C. Parks. Our 3 week old Escape 21 was a long time coming, but definitely worth waiting for. You may see us traveling by this July as we head to White Swan Lake.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 classic "Escapade", Tow: Nissan Xterra off-road 6spd manual
Thanx Bob.
If you are passing by and need a break please stop in. We have a mostly serviced (Sani dump is 10 minutes away) 85 foot pad area (read driveway) surrounded by Douglas Fir trees in a 1/3 acre park-like setting. The park gardener will be happy to show you around the grounds and the Park chef can whip up delicious appetizers and main courses on the outside cooking area using fresh ingredients from the high density park garden. You will be well served by the Park Sommelier as he delves into the Park wine cellar to surface with chilled expressions of okanogan tastes expressed in white or red vintages. The park Golf pro can assist your swing at the Redstone Golf course , a 3 year old Les Thurber designed mountain course that is the talk of the Kootenays. If you are mountain bike enthusiasts the renown seven summits trailhead is 15 minutes by car away. This trail traverses the ridges of the Rossland range for a distance of 30 KM's where you will be at 6000 feet and see stunning views of the valleys.
White swan lake will be an approx 6 hrs plus one time zone drive the next day (not counting FSR conditions).

May we take your reservation for June or August? (the park is currently full during July)

Your hosts
John and Ursula
John David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Sorry about the delay responding. I've been busy dealing with a whole hostt of problems, including responding to identity/credit card fraud. Thanks for the generous offer, John. We look forward to making many new friends in the Escape community over time. Looking in more detail at our travel plans, I see that we will have to travel the Roger's Pass to get to Summerland in time for a wedding. If we weren't strapped for time we could take the extra time and get to know you. Will PM a bit more later. We love the Kootenays and will likely explore it more in the future. I forgot that traveling from one end of this region to the other is like traveling across one or two countries in Europe.

Bob
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
John, welcome to the forum and Escape family. We put down our deposit Last Sept. 5th and will pick up this Sept. 10th. The year will fly by, so get busy on that build sheet. Have fun. I think I better call Crystal about an orientation date. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 F250 Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
John, welcome to the forum and Escape family. We put down our deposit Last Sept. 5th and will pick up this Sept. 10th. The year will fly by, so get busy on that build sheet. Have fun. I think I better call Crystal about an orientation date. Loren
Yes.. Welcome John and Ursula! It gets very exciting as the months tick by and all of a sudden you realize there isn't much time until you can pick your trailer. We just found out the other day that although our hatch date is September 4th, we aren't able to make it on the 4th, which is Friday, (and that weekend is Labor Day, both in the U.S. and Canada), so we have to wait until until Tuesday, the 8th. Frustrating and exciting at the same time.... Who else is having Orientation on the 8th? It would be great to meet other new escape owners after Orientation!
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:52 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
Looking at the long list of options is a bit overwhelming. Our build sheet is due July 31. We made a preliminary build sheet immediatly, for some reason that took away a bit of the stress. Of course we changed it several times. No changes in the last month so we must be getting close to the "perfect" build.

Larry and Caren

LDRay is online now   Reply With Quote